Friends

The One After "I Do"

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 27, 2001 on NBC

• The best season opener yet

This episode combined the comedy we all love and enjoy in Friends, in the typical, lovable "Friends" style, while also adding serious/emotional scenes. Rachel is pregnant. It will be exciting to see her go through pregnancy, and more importantly, motherhood, as she is obviously not prepared for a baby and does not seem like the mother type, although I see her being a great mother and maternal instincts kicking in. I think this was a really interesting take on the and I find it to be a positive move. Also, the scene where she finds out she is pregnant is so well-written and emotional; we see just how close the friendship is between the three primary women, and it's touching to see how supportive Monica and Phoebe are to Rachel and how Rachel realizes she wants to have a baby. Other great comedy in the show with Chandler's slippery shoes. Ross ending up at the kids' table and all the kids, being typical children and thinking he's farting when his chair squeaks, and Joey having small feet and trying to please Nora Bing's date who is directing a Broadway show... all while wearing a tennis outfit. This season opener was just as exciting and fun as the finale that preceded it, and sets up excitement for what season 8 has in store... definitely makes me look forward to watching it. We get to see Rachel go through pregnancy, reveal who the father is (which is still a mystery after this episode), and see Monica and Chandler as a married couple. Just a fantastic episode.