Friends

The One After Ross Says Rachel

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 24, 1998 on NBC

• Can't view the video

I don't know but can't view the episode. How to watch the epi?
  • Helen Baxendale appearance

I didn't want to post this under "Notes," because I'm not 100 percent certain. But I would be willing to bet that Helen Baxendale and David Schwimmer were not on the same stage in this episode. I think another woman played the back of Emily when she was in the same shot with Ross, and then the producers inserted a shot of Baxendale supposedly looking at Schwimmer, but filmed somewhere else. And now I am writing nonsense, because apparently this review needs to be at least 100 words long. More nonsense. More nonsense. More nonsense. More nonsense. More nonsense. More.
  • The title pretty much explains it.

Well Ross does a series of mistakes in this episode, and we know now that Rachel is pretty much still in love with Ross. It is obvious to when Ross said that Rachel was JUST a friend. Rachel looked so sad! I liked how in this episode Monica & Chandler continue their relationship. They don't just forget about it, they actually stay together, which pretty much goes on for the rest of the season. Ross is such an idiot! He should of stayed with Rachel on the plane, Emily would of still hated him either way. I like the ending credits scene. "Does the pilot know the plane is moving!?" Very funny & developing episode.
  • One of the best

This is a classic episode. To me this episode pretty much defines what this show is about. This is the type of episode that will hook you on this show once and for all. One of the best of the series, can be watched over and over and over and never gets boring. Hilariously funny and romantic, this episode will make you squeal with delight. Three words : Chandler & Monica. It doesn't get any better than that. Mondler have some of the best chemistry between any couple you will ever see and here is where it all begins. It is can't miss. Brilliant episode.
  • In my opinion, this episode is just one great example of classic Friends.

This is definitely a classic episode of Friends. It marks the premiere of what many fans consider to be the best season of the show. This is the aftermath of the season four finale where Ross said Rachel’s name rather than Emily’s at the alter. Honestly, I am glad Ross and Emily’s relationship was ended so quickly and abruptly because I really didn’t like Emily. I’m not even a big Ross and Rachel fan, but Emily was just annoying. She does come back briefly in future episodes, but after this, she is pretty much over with. Also, we find out in this episode that Chandler and Monica really might be developing feelings for each other. Overall, this episode is just great to watch. Friends in its prime is as good as any sitcom ever. This episode is timeless and provides many laughs no matter how many times you have seen it.
  • a good episode

chandler and monica after having sex the prevous night try to find a quiet place to have sex again but ross stops them as he feels lonely so they cant leave him there alone. in the ednd all the friends have gone back on the plane and monica and chandler try to have sex in the toilet, and ross waits 4 emily to go on their honeymoon together but takes rachael instead, emily sees and then ross runs after her leaving rachael stuck on the lane alone. so tis is a very good episode and i would reccomend it to a friends fan.
  • ...

A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end.
  • In the aftermath of his Freudian slip, Ross trys to rescue his marriage with Emily. Chandler and Monica try to conitnue their affair while over seas.

Good season opener. Emily is angry about Ross saying Rachel. It would be so emarssing saying someone elses name in your wedding while giving your vows. Chandler and Monica want to conitnue their affair but keep getting interputed by everyone. I think if Chandler and Monica wanted time alone they should of rented another apartment or something. On the plane when Joey comes Chandler could of easily just left and Monica didnt have to stay that long in the bathroom. Lol. I thought the funniest part was when Emily's step-mom was hitting on Ross. Emily should of listened to Ross at the end because she was late and Ross didnt want to go on the trip alone.
  • Ross's Wedding is a disaster after he accidently says Rachel's name at the alter. Meanwhile, Chandler and Monica try and find a loophole in their "not in New York" rule.

Okay, this is my absolute favorite episode of "Friends" ever! I love this episode. Although the scenes of Ross trying to find Emily are quite amusing, I'd credit the "awesomeness" of this episode to Chandler and Monica. Everytime they try to "celebrate" their new relationship, someting goes wrong. Joey and a bridesmaid, Rachel giving a long-winded summary of her and Ross to Phoebe, or a drunk father of the bride giving tours of the wine cellar. Some of the best lines in this episode are devoted to Chandler and Monica, ie. {Chandler hits a turkey with a ladle} "Bad London" (which is my favorite line from "Friends"), "Yes, It's a very large plane", "I'm still on London time, does that count", and "This is the honeymoon suite, the room expects sex, the room would be dissapointed if it didn't get sex. All the other honeymoon suites would think it was a loser"
    Sum it up: Best episode of "Friends" ever. Hands Down.