Friends

The One Hundredth

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 08, 1998 on NBC

• A very very special event.

Well it finally happened, the 100th episode of Friends. I knew it was going to be when Phoebe has her triplets. I laughed so hard when the baby, Chandler ended up being a girl. I like how Monica & Chandler have their first fight. Means they care about each other! And they made up so nicely. I like how Joey resembles Phoebe's pregnancy with kidney stones! I was as surprised as you, that it was kidney stones, not sympathy pains, Rachel is hilarious in this episode. It was so sad when Phoebe cried at the end of the episode. I felt so bad!
  • "Hi! I'm Phoebe Buffay, and I have babies coming out of me." - Phoebe

The one hundredth episode of friends. In this episode phoebe gives birth to her brother's baby's. The things that I liked the most about this episode where, the Happy Days crazy doctor, Joey's kidneystones, Chandler's problem with Monica and the male nurse. But the best part of the episode was phoebe's speech to the triplets. You could really see that it was very hard to give them up. I think it was the hardest thing she ever had to do in her entire life. But she was okay with settling for being their favourite aunt. Personally I think Lisa Kudrow should of won some kind of award for this episode.
  • perfect.

This episode continues where the last episode left off (the one with all the kissing). Phoebe, having just gone into labour, has arrived at the hospital with Ross Rachel and Joey, with an out of breath Monica and Chandler following shortly behind, claiming that she 'forgot her coat', but obviously we know different! Anyway, Phoebe is angry when she discovers that her doctor has fell in the shower and injured herself, so they have to find a replacement and, much to Phoebes dismay, he is obsessed with Fonzy from the happy days gang!

Meanwhile Rachel has hooked up herself and Monica with male nurses, unaware of Monica's secret affair with Chandler. Meanwhile, Joey is getting pains in his stomach, (Phoebe thinks they are sympathy pains!) and goes to A & E with Ross, to discover that in fact he has kidney stones! Phoebe is having second thoughts about giving up the triplets!
  • The One Hundredth

Pheobe is about to give birth to her brothers babies. If you don't think that's zany enough wait to you meet her doctors.

This was a great episode of one of the best TV shows to grce our television. In this one, Lisa Kudrow gave a wonderful performance, and it's one of my favorites of the series. Everything about this episode was brilliant, from Joey pains, to Pheobe's doctors to Frank Jr. and his wife Alice. There's nothing I didn't enjoy about about this episode.

Perfect, utterly perfect, and brilliant. The last scene with Pheobe and the three babies almost brought me to tears.

Plus it has one of my favorite lines of the series "Chandler's A Girl! Chandler's A Girl!"
  • A milestone episode.

This is truly a milestone episode for Friends. This marks the 100th episode and it is a fine episode at that. This is the episode where Phoebe finally has the babies. The doctor delivering the babies is very funny. He has an obsession with Fonzie from Happy Days which causes for a few good laughs. Also, it is revealed that Joey has kidney stones in this episode and his doctor is hilarious as well despite only having to say the line “kidney stones!” many times. Overall, there is room for improvement, but as usual the writer, actors and everyone else pulled out all the stops to deliver a solid episode.
  • a funny episode

Phoebe is rushed to the hospital for the birth of her brother's frank jnr triplets. While there, Joey winds up with severe sympathy pains that turn out to be kidney stones. Meanwhile, Rachel tries to set Monica up on a date with a male nurse and she declines untill chandler says they were just a fling, but in the end they forgive each other and have sex again. the triplets names are frank jnr jnr not frank the third, another one and chandlers a girl aswell. so i would reccomend this episode to anyone as it is very good lol.
  • ...

A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end.
  • Phoebe is rushed to the hosiptal for the birth of her brother's triplets. Joey winds up with a severe sympathy pains. Rachel trys to set up Monica with a male nurse.

I think that Phoebe would be in pain when her water broke...but she is pretty strong. Phoebe doesn't like her doctor. Hehe. I am surprised Rachel is already over Ross. I think Monica and Chandler should just tell everyone about their relationship unstead of trying to get a date with someone else. Phoebe gives birth to the triplets and Chandler is a girl! Lol. Phoebe should of asked Frank that she really wanted to keep a baby unstead of having Rachel try to ask. I just love in when Phoebe says that Frank is the father of the babies and the nurse gets freaked out. I think this was a good episode over all.
  • Phoebe has the triplets for Frank and Alice.

This episode was so great. It was so nice that Phoebe finally had the babies. This was truly an amazing one hundredth episode. Poor Joey had Kidney Stones. It was hilarious that Chandler made fun of the foreign doctor. It was kind of sad that Chandler and Monica had to hide their love, when they couldn't just say they are dating. This was such an amazing episode. Unfortunately, we barely get to see Debra Jo Rupp as Alice, due to production of That '70s Show. This episode is a series classic and is definately another perfect installment to this series.
  • A very good episode

Phoebe goes into labour and they rush her to the hospital where Joey starts filming a home movie for the triplets to see when there older but gets a pain in his side Phoebe thinks its sympathy pains and is quite pleased but after consistant pain Ross takes him to the doctor and it turns out to be kidney stones. Mean while Frank jr has arrived with Alice on the way just before the babies are born. Monica has a problem when Rachel sets up a date for her and Monica with 2 male nurses with makes Chandler jealous because he does not realize Monica is trying to get out of it with causes a relationship crisis between them. Mean while Joey has had his kidney stones removed and Phoebe has the triplets and secrectly asks Rachel to ask Frank jr if she can keep one of them. A good well written episode
  • The One Hundreth Episode!

Such a great episode, I must do bullets:

*Chandler's a girl! I loved that! "Well, what are you going to name her?" "Chandler! Duh!"

*Monica and Chandler are so sweet in this episode. Chandler getting jealous about Monica's date, and Monica not wanting to go... They really are sweet together.

*I love Frank! He is hysterical! Any episode with him gets an extra point!

*The scene with Pheobe and the babies is so sad. I don't know how she can give them up. Though her line to Rachel, "I want to keep one!" is quite classic and hilarious.

I absolutely adore this episode! Happy 100th!
  • One of the funniest Epsiodes of friends.

This Episode is One of the Best ... One of my Favorite Parts is When Phoebe's Docter is like in-love with Fonzie from Happy Days and this Episode is Special Because it is Friends' One hundred Episode and Phoebe has The Triplets and There is Another Funny Part where Joey winds up with severe sympathy pains But there are Really Kidney Stones and it Looks he is in Labor when they are getting Rid of the kidney stones and if you like friends you Really should see this Episode.
  • A moving episode that leads you from laughter to tears.

This episode starts with the group rushing Phoebe to the hospital in order to give birth to triplets; the father is her brother (in joke, Phoebe's acting as a surrogate.) Monica and Chandler are late (twice) because she forgot her jacket (that is, the two of them were having a quickie). And not long into the episode, Joey is going to start having 'sympathy pain' for Phoebe (he'll be diagnosed with kidney stones: "Up? Up?! Nothing's going up... what's a urethra?")

But the fun really begins when Phoebe's doctor slips in the shower ("What an idiot!") and her replacement physician turns out to be a HUGE Fonzi fan ("from Happy Days. Fonzi. The Fonz." "Okay.") Since the best Ross can do is find a "Doogie" Howser lookalike, Phoebe is stuck with this doctor and worries only when Rachel makes an offhand comment about liking Mork (setting off the doctor since Mork froze the Fonz on a Happy Days show.)

As in many episodes of Friends, though, the main action of the show will resolve around three groups of the friends: Ross stays with Joey to help him while the kidney stones pass (a major parallel to how far along Phoebe gets in labor, all the way to the point where the stones have passed, and Ross and Joey note how small the stones turned out.) Phoebe asks Rachel to find out from her brother if she can keep one of the kids ("oh my God - I'm going to be in the news!!") and Monica and Chandler are dealing with his statement that the two of them are just "goofing around."

Happily, as it turns out, Chandler's dictionary defines "goofing around" as "two friends, who are great together, and have amazing sex, and just want to spend more time together" and the two work out their differences. As mentioned, Joey manages to pass his stones (without breaking Ross's hand), and Phoebe gives birth to three healthy children (all of whom her brother is going to keep).

The show ends with a heart-breaking scene of Phoebe talking to the triplets about how she has to give them up -- it hurts her worse than labor -- and she gives all three babies tiny high fives.

This is one of the few episodes where Phoebe is truly three-dimensional (and not just a two-dimensional characterization of a slightly dippy blonde.) She shows a sensitive side of her personality which is rarely seen (except occasionally with Ross.)
  • but i disagree with the above review. I am an identical triplet and we were born traditionally, and it does occassionally happen, so for me this isn't hard to believe.....

7.6
    but i think lisa kudrows portrayal of childbirth seemed like it wasn't affecting her much, like she wasn't distressed enough. her scene with the three babies was really touching, and frank and alice's moment would have been without the kissing thing....this show has the potential to be serious and touching as well as funny, and i believe that should have been one of those moments. if my parents are anything to go by, you don't think about making out much minutes after your triplets have been born.....but it is first and foremost a comedy, and that did make me laugh. so my hat goes off.
  • Could have been wonderful, but ends up "only" great.

6.6
    This episode was really Phoebe's episode. The triplets were born and she had to say goodbye to them in a very touching scene. Lisa Kudrow did a wonderful job in this episode, probably her best performance thoughout the show.

However this episode falls on the fact that the plotline makes no sense. Triplets aren't delivered in the "traditional" way out of fear that one or more of the babies will not survive. And even when twins are born they monitor the babies carefully to make sure they are alright. Yet Phoebe has a normal delivery without any constant monitoring. I know it's a sitcom and that they can stretch things a little, but it just feels pretentious to have a whole big episode about something which isn't real. For me it made it harder to relate to the storyline.