Friends

The One in Barbados (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 15, 2003 on NBC

• Quite entertaining, but it kind of feels like a "best of previous finallies".

6.3
    This was an okay season finally, only it felt like it had all been done before. In previous finallies, no less.

* The episode is based on the gang going on a trip focusin on an event for Ross (like the season four finally)

* It has someone planning to propse to one of the leading ladies but an ex-boyfriend beats them to it (like in the season six finally)

* Two of the Friends hook up (like the season four finally)

* One Friend discovers that another has feelings for them (like season one)

* The gang take a sunny trip but end up being stuck inside thanks to the rain, which leeds to romantic interaction (like season three)

* A Friend ends up hooking up with a past love interest thanks to spending computer time together (like season two)

* While on a trip one of the Friends has something about their looks which causes the others to make fun of them (like season five)

I haven't seen the finallies for season seven and season eight, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of similarities with those episodes too.

Not that the episode wasn't funny. I liked Chandler and Monica's meddling with Phoebe's situation, especially Monica's meddle-monologue. And we got a rather cute scene wtih Chandler and Monica waking up in their hotel room (though why they don't lock the door is beyond me). I also thought David was quite funny in the proposal scene, and Rachel's reaction to not getting to tan was comic as well.

But really, I had expected a lot more originality from this show. Yeah I know, some of the similarities aren't THAT huge, but the three top one are big enough to make this episode feel like I'm watching previous finallies all over again.