Friends

The One in Barbados (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 15, 2003 on NBC

• The worst episode of the season, which is ashame seeing that this is the finale, and should be one of the best. It's also slightly upsetting because season 9 was so good all the way through. It's still funny at parts though.

What made this episode a bit of a let down?

They should delayed the proposal to later on in this episode. Putting it in part 1 made it seem not very important, which is was. This would've made it hard for the table-tennis match

Another thing was that they got our hopes up really high. I watched this and the proposal was at the end of part 1, and I thought, 'If this is at the end of part 1, what happens in part 2?' so the cliffhanger was extremely anti-climatic, but, admittedly, did bring us 3 of the funniest Friends episodes ever for season 10.

The table-tennis match was funny at some parts, but seemed very cheesy and forced at others. I do appreciate that table-tennis matches are difficult to do and make funny, but I think they could've done another sport, surely?

I was also expecting Monica to announce her pregnancy in this episode, and she didn't, which I found quite upsetting. It just seemed so right to happen. Monica and Chandler had just both found out they are almost wholly infertile, and it would've been so wonderful is Monica got pregnant against all the odds, but it didn't happen. :(

I know a lot of people do like this episode for being more like season 1 (probably because there is less going on here that in the other part 2s of finales), but I don't feel like I'm watching a season 1 episode when I watch this.

So to sum up, very bad for a season 9 episode and a lot of things were disappointing about it, but it wasn't the worst thing I've seen.