Friends

The One in Massapequa

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 28, 2002 on NBC

• Watch Out - Friendly Gathering

It's the Gellar's 35th wedding aniversary and all the friends are invited.

After reading the tea leaves in the previos episode, Phoebe is expectant of meeting the man of her dreams very soon, so she brings along a guy she met at the laundrettes.

However he turns out to love life to the fullest - and more and becomes extremely annoying.

Meanwhile Ross and Rachel get so much pressure from the pregnancy, they pretend to be getting married and in doing so get some bonuses for themselves.

It's difficult to write so many Friends reviews, because there's nothing bad about the episodes!
  • The Friends go to Massapequa to celebrate Jack and Judy Gellar's 35th anniversary. Phoebe brings a date, guest star Alec Baldwin, who proves to be a little too "zesty" for the other Friends, who upset Phoebe by making fun of Parker behind her back.

This episode features Alec Baldwin as Phoebe's date Parker, an enthusiastic guy whose zest for life proves to be too much for the Friends.

Alec Baldwin is really the cornerstone of this episode. He plays the role of the overly-"zesty" Parker perfectly. Guest stars like Baldwin are one of the reasons Friends is/was such a good show.

Additionally, Rachel and Ross have to pretend that they are married, since Judy and Jack have told their friends that they got married because Rachel is pregnant. Rachel's fake wedding scenario is so hilariously overblown and Ross's proposal is touching, even though it's not real.

Overall, it's one of the funniest episodes of the series. Maybe it's not quite Santa Claus on Prozac at Disneyland getting l**d, but it's so fun to watch.
  • funny

Everybody prepares to go out to Long Island for the elder Gellers' 35th wedding anniversary party. Monica wants to write a toast to make everybody cry like Ross's toasts do but completely sucks at it getting ross to take centre stage and give a toast. Ross and Rachel discover that his parents have told people they're married. Ross describes how he would propose to Rachel, and she seems intrigued and rachael plans the perfect fake wedding that the two of them haad including a dove actually putting the ring on her fingr. Phoebe invites her new boyfriend, Parker, who is extremely enthusiastic.
  • Jack and Judy's 35th wedding annivarsary.

Good episode. Its Jack and Judy's 35th wedding annivarsary. Long time! Monica sure makes weird toasts. Phoebe's boyfriend is a freaky and not to mention bad looking! Yuk! A bad choice for Phoebe to pick. She has had way better guys. Rachel and Ross have to pretend they are married. Good fake wedding they made up.
  • 35th anniversary, wow I want to take a mental picture of it:))!

They are all going to Geller's 35th anniversary. Phoebe is bringing her date ( Alec Baldwin- who played excellent his role ) this extremely enthusiastic guy who is overly ecstatic with everything. Monica is trying to make moving speach and make everyone cry just like Ross does every year, but that turns out to be harder than it seems, even when you mention all the dead ones in the family.
    "Nana, my beloved grandmother who would so want to be here, but she can't because she's dead. As is our dog Chi-Chi. I mean look how cute she is.Do me a favor and pass this to my parents. Remember she's dead. Okay, her and Nana, gone."
  • massapequa!

It's the Gellar's 35th wedding aniversary and all the friends are invited.

It's difficult to write so many Friends reviews, because there's nothing bad about any of the episodes!

I'm surprised how quickly Friends bounced back after the last dreadful episode. Thank god this episode wasn't focused on Joey & Rachel for once! Ross and Rachel pretend to be a married couple at Jack & Judy's 35th anniversary party. Which was enjoyable to watch, and it was major development for Ross & Rachel regarding their relationship, but they managed to do it in a subtle comical way, something that they failed to do with Joey & Rachel.

I absolutely LOVE Gellar storylines, so this was a perfect plot for this episode. Monica wanting to make her family cry was okay. They managed to point out the obvious instead of using subtle humor, something that the show was known for in the past. Here's an example. Monica starts saying how much she wants to make her parents cry. "I might have some unresolved anger from my childhood." She clearly pointed out the obvious when we already understood.

Alec Baldwin did an amazing job here, who knew a guest star could pick this episode up when it was down? Phoebe & Alec Baldwin's character had great interactions. I loved when they brought up Mona, and someone finally realized how awful she was.

"What was wrong with Mona?" -Ross. I can tell you 100s of things that were wrong with her, Ross. Great episode.