Friends

The One in Massapequa

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 28, 2002 on NBC

I'm surprised how quickly Friends bounced back after the last dreadful episode. Thank god this episode wasn't focused on Joey & Rachel for once! Ross and Rachel pretend to be a married couple at Jack & Judy's 35th anniversary party. Which was enjoyable to watch, and it was major development for Ross & Rachel regarding their relationship, but they managed to do it in a subtle comical way, something that they failed to do with Joey & Rachel.

I absolutely LOVE Gellar storylines, so this was a perfect plot for this episode. Monica wanting to make her family cry was okay. They managed to point out the obvious instead of using subtle humor, something that the show was known for in the past. Here's an example. Monica starts saying how much she wants to make her parents cry. "I might have some unresolved anger from my childhood." She clearly pointed out the obvious when we already understood.

Alec Baldwin did an amazing job here, who knew a guest star could pick this episode up when it was down? Phoebe & Alec Baldwin's character had great interactions. I loved when they brought up Mona, and someone finally realized how awful she was.

"What was wrong with Mona?" -Ross. I can tell you 100s of things that were wrong with her, Ross. Great episode.