Friends

The One Where Chandler Doesn't Like Dogs

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 23, 2000 on NBC

• funny

THis was too funny where Ross can't think of the fifty states. He is pulling out his hair trying to fingure out which ones he left out. We find out that CHandler doesn't like dogs and that Phoebe was hiding one in the apartment. Joey thinks that there are 58 states. Monica forgot 14 states and Phoebe names the differnt types of celery. WHich theres is only one. Tag comes to spend Thanksgiving with the group and he finds out that Rachel likes him. THis was a funny keep you on your seat episode. Finally at the end Ross comes up with the 50 states only to find out he put down one state twice.
  • Another great episode. Thanksgiving #7.

Great episode. Rachel invites Tag to thanksgiving dinner but he can't come because he's with his girlfriend. Joey thinks he can name 56 states. Phoebe has a dog in the apartment that Monica and Chandler don't know about. Chandler says he is allergic to them but Phoebe says that the dog's been there for 3 days. We learn that Chandler hates dogs (and also that Ross hates ice cream). Rachel reveals her feelings to Tag. Overall great but the Rachel/Tag storyline has been done before with people like Joshua. One of the better thanksgiving episodes but far behind seasons 3 8 9 and 10.
  • The 50 states game.

The one joke, that turned in to a running gag to a whole plot. The 50 states game. An amazing plot in my opinion. I like how Monica finally is bad at something. And she gets all sore about it. Ross staying in the competition to get his Thanksgiving dinner is really great. And he cheated towrd the end. The whole dog plot, wasn't that great in my opinion. It was pretty much filler. But it shows that Chandler lies about his allergic reactions. Rachel reveals her feelings for Tag, and then they get together! But Tag's car gets stolen. Well decent Thanksgiving episode.
  • One of the better friends episodes it reveals alot about Chandler.

I love this episode because it tells you alot about Chandler. Without this episode I don't think they could have done anything involving Tag and Rachel. Since they had her talking to Joey and then her understanding what Joey was saying really means that them living together taught both of them something. Since the game that they were playing drove Ross crazy it made it more interesting in a funny way because of the way he goes about it
  • Rachel is trying to determine whether or not she wants to tell Tag she likes him; Joey's advice is yes but only if she is certain he likes her back, otherwise, it's a "moo point". "Like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter".

One of the funniest lines written in this entire series and I really like the series. It's one of my faves and don't think I have missed an episode. I watched most episodes as they aired and watch it daily now in syndication. It's such light-hearted fare and usually good for more than one laugh in a 30-minute episode. It is obvious that the cast truly enjoyed working with one another and did not want anyone to "become a star" without the rest of them. The writing remained excellent throughout the series as well. If one can afford to buy the entire ten-season set, it would be a great addition to a comedy collection.
  • Ross drives himself insane when he can't name all 50 states in a simple game. Tag joins the gang for Thanksgiving dinner, where Joey accidentally spills the beans about Rachel's crush on him. Phoebe sneaks a dog into the apartment.

Good episode. Another thanksgiving. Does Ross ever spend Thanksgiving with Ben? Because I don't see him much and has Ben even met Jack and Judy. I think someone could name all the states if they knew all of them. Joey is so funny! He is the best guy! Ross was the best when he was like smart people or something like that and Joey can't name them all. He didn't count Joey as smart. Poor Joey. At least he is good looking and funny! How can Chandler be so scared of dogs? They are not that bad. Chandler has lots of secrets.
TBS