Friends

The One Where Dr. Ramoray Dies

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 21, 1996 on NBC

• The One Where Dr. Ramoray Dies

Joey brags to Soap Opera Digest that he writes a lot of his own lines (For Days of our Lives). The writer gets even by having him fall down an elevator shaft and die on the show.
    Chandler gets to know his new roomate Eddie.

EDDIE: Not Sean Penn. Alright, I, I've got a funny one, alright. My last girlfriend Tilly. Ok, we're eating breakfast, right, and I made all these pancakes, there was like 50 pancakes right. And all of the sudden she turns to me, alright, and she says, 'Eddie.' I say, 'yeah,' she says, 'Eddie, I don't want to see you anymore.' And it was literally like she had reached into my chest, ripped out my heart, and smeared it all over my life, ya know. And now there's like this incredible abyss, ya know, and I'm falling and I keep falling and I don't think I'm ever gonna stop. [finishes laughing] That uh, wasn't such a funny story, was it?
  • Pretty Good - Funny

A very funny episode - especially the bit where Dr. Drake Remoray dies.
  • funny

Joey finds out the hard way that it's not wise to boast false things and learns this when he tells an interviewer that he writes alot of his own lines on days of our lives and therefore his soap opera character gets dropped down an elevator shaft. Phoebe helps Chandler bond with his new roommate...much to Chandler's horror but luckily it works. And sexual history dominates the discussion between two couples--Monica and Richard, and Ross and Rachel.
  • And a crusty old man said, "I'll do what I can," and the rest of the rats played moroccas

This episdoe is sad. Chandler realizes that he misses Joey and his new room mate is scary. When he asks phoebe to play fooball with him she says: "No. This game is grotesque. Twenty armless guys joined at the waist by a steel bar, forced to play soccer forever. Ahh, hello, human-rights violation." Plus Joey's Character is killed off Days of Our Lives. A conversation at Central Perk about how many guys Monica has slept with continues at the apartment ending with Richard telling Monica that he loves her. But lack of condoms keeps them from "enjoying their night"
  • One of the best episodes of season 2.

Eddie is a psycho. He is pretty intense. I am so glad this guy is going to get written out soon. He is so annoying! Anyways I love this episode because Rachel & Monica find themselves in a very compromising situation. They both want to have sex. One condom. All the transitions were amazing. Rachel wins the condom. I like how Richard & Ross have to have awkward. situations. Joey's plot was also amazing. His character gets killed off! And now he is royally screwed. He made a huge mistake by telling Soap Opera Digest that he made up his own lines. An amazing episode.
  • Friends

Joey finds out the hard way that it's not wise to boast false things: His soap opera character gets dropped down an elevator shaft. Phoebe helps Chandler bond with his new roommate...much to Chandler's horror. And sexual history dominates the discussion between two couples--Monica and Richard, and Ross and Rachel. not a very memorable episode of the show to be honest but it had its moments, Eddie was funny again and the story about Chandler and Joey was a decentlittle story arc. The couples where funny and Ross growling was funny too. I will give this a 9 out of 10.