Friends

The One Where Everybody Finds Out

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 11, 1999 on NBC

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Admiting the Truth

This is my favorate Friends episode of them all because it's was hilarious. This episode was well put together, the dialog is creative and cleaver. And the build up in it was pegged just right to the point of the final resolution which takes all of us by supprise.

It's funny seeing Chandler, Monica, Pheobe, and Rachel are playing a game of psych out with each other. They all know what they all know and now their trying to see who will crack out with the truth. It all comes down to a psych out boxing match. It was strange, unconfortable and hillarious seeing Chandler and Pheobe go on a fake date together. It's no wonder these two never hooked up they both simply don't make sense as a romantic couple, we know it and they know it, for example both of them are about to kiss one another they both are so hesitant they moved like electric football players. Yet thoughout this episode it was truely Pheobe that stole the show, it was amazing seeing her contrary to her ditzy side and actually show strength in her character due to her enginuity and genius in the game, there was no doubt she was going to win but also be the one to draw out Chandeler's secret feelings for Monica. When that happened it showed strength in Chandler's character how he would never betray Monica because of how strong his love for Monica truely is.
  • I'm bored...so I think I'll review one of my favorite episodes...This epsisode is about when everyone finds out about Monica and Chandler's relationship

I love this episode...for many reasons 1. I love the whole ugly naked guy plot line w/ him moving out, and Ross being his "naked friend." 2. I like Pheobe's idea of messing with Monica's and Chandler's head...My fav. part...Pheobe and Chandler's so called date...that was hilarious...and with the whole thing with the bra and the kiss...that was pretty good...I don't know...I guess thats why I like the episode...who knows...
  • One of the best...

This is the show when everybody finds out about Monica and Chandler.

Phoebe finds out by seeing Monica and Chandler doing it through the window from Monica's apartment. Phoebe freaks out and starts screaming. Rachel tries to calm her down so Ross doesn't find out too. They distract him by keeping his attention away from the window.

Rachel and Phoebe decide to lash out against Monica and Chandler and Phoebe acts as if she has a crush on Chandler and flirts with him throughout the episode. Chandler and Monica then finds out that they know about them and fight back. The two teams fight against each other and there is a "battle of love" between Phoebe and Chandler. When they kiss, Chandler breaks and gives up.

Chandler then says that he loves Monica and they are all in awe. Monica doesn't want Ross to find out about them until later, when Ross sees Chandler and Monica doing it through the window while he was in the other apartment.

This is a very funny episode and a real classic!!
  • Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler and plays a trick on them with the help of Rachel and Joey. Ross tries to buy ugly naked guys apartement.

This is my second most fav episode of friends after "the one with the embryos". It is filled with laughs and even a bit of love. Phoebe tricks chandler into thinking she likes him but Monica doesnt fall for it, she knows that they must have all worked out that Monica and Chandler are together. Not to be out smarted, Monica gets Chandler to play along with thetrick and try and turn it back on the other. Things start to get out of hand but in the end Chander gives in and says he cant pretend to like phoebe because he loves (yes loves!) monica.

Very cute, a classic epsiode!

Five giant coffee cups out of five!
  • And everybody knows...

This is probably one of the most hilarious and creative episodes in the whole show, TOW Everybody Finds Out.

In this episode, the couple, Chandler and Monica, is finally exposed to the group, leading to hilarious moments among them.

When Phoebe finds out, she and Rachel try to screw around with Chan and Mon. Joey is stuck in the middle trying to convince everyone to tell the truth. Phoebe starts hitting on Chandler and Rachel asks Monica to do a full bag of laundry, with Phoebe providing the quarters.

Ross stays out of this storyline, which I think was a good idea, as it leaves a great scene at the end. He is busy trying to win Ugly Naked Guy's apartment, who sadly is moving out.

Chandler and Phoebe go this whole awkward "date", until Chandler gives up and declares his love for Monica.

The episode ends with a witty scene of Ross and his boss from the museum. As Ross talks about his past rage problem, he sees Chandler and Monica through his own window, and screams out loud, scaring his boss.

Overall, this episode is definitely a favorite for anyone. The acting, directing, and writing is superb. Hats off to Lisa Kudrow and Matthew Perry for an outstanding performance.

"But they don't know we know they know we know."
  • My favorite episode

Phoebe sees Monica and Chandler doing it from Ross' new apartment, so she becomes the 3rd Friend to find out about their relationship, Ross being the only one who doesn't know. Monica and Chandler think only Joey knows about the two of them, so Rachel and Phoebe take this opportunity to mess with them. Phoebe starts to flirt like crazy with Chandler, until he and Monica finally realize she and Rachel know, after finding out from Joey. Chandler starts to flirt back, which throws off Rachel and Phoebe, and then Phoebe goes to his apartment trying to break Chandler. They flirt, with Phoebe doing a strange dance, and sharing some wine. Joey, who wants sit sit in his chair, exposes Chandler's greatest fear, Phoebe's bra. Finally Phoebe and Chandler share a very awkard kiss, with Chandler being the one who cracks and loses. Chandler announces for the first time to the group that he loves Monica. At the very end,Ross sees them doing it and loses his temper in front of his boss. Overall, my favorite episode in the whole series.
  • My favorite of the series!

This episode is the best one in my opinion. Laughs galore!! If you've seen it then you know how it goes. The part that I just love is towards the end when Phoebe and Chandler are "coming on" to one another, and just as they're about to kiss, Phoebe says "Here it comes..." and Chandler gives a quick nervous glance away. SOOO funny!! The way that Ross finds out is classic - at the end with his colleague as they're talking about his past anger issues, then he sees Monica and Chandler through the window and gets all furious! Very classic!

Although, it sucks that I have to write more than 100 words per review. It seems like a lot!
  • Yeah!

Ross finally finds an apartment that is perfect for him, but is owned by the ugly naked guy who apparently has a lot of offers about his apartment, later Ross decides to put on his side in order to find out what to do. Meanwhile, Phoebe discovers Chandler and Monica kissing and decides to turn on Chandler in order to make him jealous, which makes a battle between Monica and Chandler against Rachel and Phoebe who turn onto them, and that begnis to move on with their own tricks, until the end Chandler reveals that he loves Monica, really cool! Is really great!
  • The episode with the best laughs, the best tricks and the best proclamation of love.

I had to classify this as "Jumps the Shark", for it is definitely the episode that reaches the highest level of comedy, no other episode ever came close.

Most episodes have chuckles and a few louder laughs, some episodes have moments where you are laughing so hard you're almost cheering. This episode has several of those cheering moments. It starts off in full speed and doesn't let you slow down and catch your breath, culminating in the moment where the strongest Friends couple prove that they are here to stay.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here...

Plot-wise this episode is close to perfect. Phoebe sees Monica and Chandler through the window, and in a scene that soon turns hysterical (in a good way) Rachel tries to calm Phoebe down and keep Ross from finding out at the same time.

Phoebe and Rachel soon decide that they want to get a little revenge on Monica and Chandler for keeping this a secret. Rachel is to try and get in the way of Monica and Chandler seeing each other privatly, but she'll do it in a way that won't make them suspect anything. Phoebe meanwhile is going to make a pass at Chandler to corner him. However Monica and Chandler soon figure out what they are doing and decide to give them a dose of their own medicine. Joey is stuck in the middle, but wants nothing to do with all of it.

Little by little the plot thickens and things get more complicated. Soon nobody's really sure who "knows that we know they know we know" and so forth. Phoebe and Chandler are to meet to have sex, with Monica and Rachel listening in on their respective ends to see who will break first.

While all of this is going on Ross is out to get Ugly Naked Guy's apartment, and likes Rachel's suggestion that he should try and bond with UNG. However Ross only knows one thing that UNG really likes... We see Ross paying UNG a visit, then we return to the other storyline. In the middle of one of their scenes they notice that UNG has a naked friend, and in one of the funniest moments in Friends history the five gathered friends realise that it is Naked Ross.

This revelation does not get in the way of the rendezvous between Phoebe and Chandler however. They both try to seduce each other and make the other break, in a scene that includes awkward touching, dancing and some very strange sex comments. The contest is finally won when Phoebe and Chandler kiss. Chandler just can't kiss her when he loves Monica, and he declares that Phoebe has won and that he can't have sex with her. Phoebe triumphs, but is stumped when Chandler tells her why - he is in love with Monica. Phoebe is shocked, Monica comes darting in the room, and Joey and Rachel hurry in as well. Chandler declares again that he loves Monica, and in a very sweet moment they profess their love for each other and kiss.

Ross is still blissfully unaware of it all, but on the day when he is showing his boss his new apartment he looks out the window and sees the same thing Phoebe did in the beginning of the episode...

This episode has the cast giving one of their all-time best performances, especially Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow are at their best. The writing is brilliant, the direction excellent and the whole episode has a feel of something very special.

And last but not least, it is the episode where Chandler and Monica come out into the limelight and secure their place as the strongest, most devoted and most loving couple in the show. Sorry Ross and Rachel, they win.

• Definitely the best show of the season and one of the best of the entire show.

This episode is so great because all the characters are involved in the same storyline. All the characters are funny and they each have their own moment to themselves in the show.

In the episode Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler, so she and Rachel decide to use it to their advantage as Monica and Chandler don't know that they know. Monica figures it out soon though and eventually Phoebe realises that: they don't know we know they know we know! The way Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler couldn't be funnier.

The entire episode builds up to Phoebe and Chandler pretending to like each other and in Joey's apartment all of the friends (except Ross) are waiting to see who cracks first. Chandler does and, by mistake, he also reveals that he loves Monica. Ross isn't in the episode much but he finds out about Monica and Chandler over the ending credits just like Phoebe did and he doesn't take it very well...

Another reason this episode is so great is because it isn't very serious and it's like you get to see the Friends normally when nothing is going on in their lives and they are just hanging out. It is definitely one of the best episodes of Friends ever.
  • Phooebe amazes me again!

This is one of the best episodes EVER in Friends' history. Although the episode was mainly about Monica and Chandler, it was Phoebe who shined through as the main character. Lisa Kudrow did an amazing job, acting wise, in this episode, therefore making it one of the best episodes ever.
  • The Best Episode... I couldn't stop laughing!!!

I have seen this episode plenty of times, and I could not still stop from laughing! The first time I've seen this (from a dvd), I repeated and repeated amd repeated it... and still, i could not get enough!
    From the moment Phoebe sees Monica and Chandler doing "it" against the window (My eyes!!!), I told my self that this would be one hell of an episode! And I wasn't disappointed!
    Also, i think that this is one of the few episodes that utilizes all of the cast's potentials! Add some naughty secrets, Joey's stuffed penguin, Ross's semi-nude body, Phoebe's dance (and her bra), and the funny and stupid plans of roommates Monica and Rachel, this is the best featured episode! Of all time!
  • This episode in particular was priceless because it was not just funny; it also showcased the character development of each of the Friends as well as moving my favorite plotline to the next level.

Friends was a feel good, funny, quirky show for the 10 seasons that it was on the air. And, as a sitcom, many episodes were hysterically funny and can be watched again and again. However, I found this episode in particular to be priceless because it was not just funny; it also showcased the character development of each of the Friends as well as moving my favorite plotline to the next level.

Certain scenes from this show are mentioned frequently by other reviewers: Phoebe first finding out from the Naked Guy's apartment across the street; the continuing "but they don't know we know they know... etc."; Phoebe's dance when she is pretending to seduce Chandler; et al. My favorite moments in the episode are slightly more subtle: Phoebe's claim that she would fight with her best weapon - her sexuality; the audience's first glimpse at Joey's stuffed animal; and one of my favorite lines of the show: Chandler asking Monica if she cleaned up the bathroom while she's hiding from Phoebe in the bathroom of the boy's apartment. (Of course she did.)

This episode managed to show not only how seamlessly this cast fit together, but, at the same time, it gave the audience glimpses into the psyche of each individual character.

And, of course, Chandler and Monica proclaim their love for one another!
  • Probably the best episode of Friends, ever.

I think this episode has to be, hands down, the best episode of the entire series. For the entire season before this, Chandler and Monica hid their relationship from their friends, only Joey and Rachel eventually found out. In this episode, both Phoebe and Ross find out and everything is out in the open completely. And the way it happens is just... classic.

The whole episode builds up to Chandler and Pheobe at Chandler's apartment, each pretending to want the other while knowing the other is pretending. It's hilarious, especially because they are both freaking out that the other one isn't backing down. Then finally when Chandler yells out that he can't do it because he's in love with Monica, taking Monica, Phoebe, Joey, and Rachel all by surprise.... so romantic! Aww!! *squeal* It's the best. One I could watch over and over. This would be a hard episode to get tired of.

And then Ross finding out at the very end... hahahaha.
  • the one where they don't know that they know that they know.

hilarious, the one where they dont\' know that they know that they know. joey always makes episodes hilarious but he makes this one even better. one of my favorite episodes that i can never watch too much of. all of the characters get together in one main plot rather than split up like the rest.
  • Absolutely one of the best episodes of the series if only for Phoebe's "dance."

This episode pitted the very funny Lisa Kudrow with the very funny Matthew Perry. These two should have had more episodes together like this one. The chemistry was totally there. The only thing I didn't like was they way they tried to make the Monica/Chandler "I love you" part this big dramatic moment a la TOW The Prom Video's Ross/Rachel moment at the end (there simply is no comparison - Ross and Rachel ROCK!) Phoebe -- just BRILLIANT here.
  • Monica and Chandler's relationship is finally revealed to all in this absolutely hysterical episode

This is absolutely the funniest episode in the entire series. The scene where Phoebe and Chandler try to seduce each other is a classic. Also funny scenes where Ross sits naked in Ugly Naked Guys' apartment as he tries to get the lease to move in; the total frustration of Joey having to keep this long secret; the whole "They don't know we know they know" mantra. And even the resolution where Chandler announces that he loves Monica. Finally, when Ross finds out by spying Chandler and Monica through the window. Fantastic, incredibly funny episode all the way through!!!
  • This is one of the best episode's in the hole ten years of Friends.

This is the type of episode I look for in the friends seires one where the six of them are just hanging out and messing with eachother. There is also the added supries of where chandler tells monica that he loves her and he is not freaking out about it (like he does in the one with all the thanksgivings). Ross also gets his dream aperment and we get to see ulgy naked guy for the first time yaaaaa.
  • This is one of my favorite Friends episode, or maybe of any TV show. Hillarious, cute, and sweet this episode is definitely a must-see.

This is a fantastic episode and if you haven't seen it you have to. This is my favorite episode of Friends I have seen, actually this and the One with all the Thanksgiving Flashbacks, or whatever it's called. This is one of my favorites because it's so hilarious. Pheobe finds out about Chandler and Monica in the beginning and she and Rachel decide to play tricks on the couple. Pheobe pretends to have feelings for Chandler and Rachel makes it more difficult for them to have time to see eachother. When Monica and Chandler discover what's going on they try to turn the tables on them and then the games begin. I also love this episode because of Chandler's confession of his love for Monica. Oh, and there is a great side story of Ross trying to get Ugly Naked Guy's apartment. All in all, this is a must-see classic episode of Friends.
  • One of my absolute favorite episodes.

Friends made me laugh for almost 10 years and The One Where Everybody Finds Out... is my favorite episode of them all. This episode had me laughing unit I was blue. Two of the Characters, Monica and Chandler, were secretly dating for many episodes until Joey found out. Poor Joey got caught up in their web of lies and was bombarded by everybody w/them trying to figure out his "secret". With a hillarious series of events and briliant dialog everyone eventually finds out. It was so much fun watching these talented actors/acresses pull off this episode. If you have never seen friends I recommend starting from the beggining and working your way through all ten seasons. When you reach this episode you will appriciate it a lot more if you know all of the history behind the comic drama.
  • OHH MY GAWD!!!! Could this episode BE any funnier? This episode and "The One With the Embryo's" are like series classics. The scene with Chandler and Phoebe in Chandler's apartment is one of the funniest in television history. So after all, this episode i

OHH MY GAWD!!!! Could this episode BE any funnier? This episode and "The One With the Embryo's" are like series classics. The scene with Chandler and Phoebe in Chandler's apartment is one of the funniest in television history. So after all, this episode is classic among classics in Television history.
  • One of the funniest, laugh-out-loud episodes of the series!

"The One Where Everybody Finds Out" marks what might be the funniest individual episode of the series. After several months of Monica & Chandler sneaking their relationship behind everyone's back, particularly to Joey's dismay, the cat is out of the bag... well, almost. Before Rachel & Phoebe broadcast the newly learned information that Monica and Chandler are 'doing it,' they devise a plan to mess with Monica's and Chandler's heads in order to freak them out, which puts Phoebe and her sexuality on the spot with the intention of seducing Chandler. In order to somehow disprove their relationship, Chandler must play the victim to Phoebe's sexuality and act as if Phoebe's seduction has worked perfectly on him. Both are determined to win the contest, but how far will they have to go before one of them snaps? This episode might pass the test for most moments of side-splitting laughter and cheers from the entire series, as it also introduces Joey's bedtime penguin pal Hugsy, and may or may not let Ross work past his rage problem. One of the show's most classic episodes!
  • One of the best episodes of all the comedy series.

My favorite episode ever. I guess it's probably the best of all. Ross is so funny when he's at Ugly Naked's apartment. Rachel and Pheobe, specially the last one, make everything look like a game where they can't lose. It's a great episode that put the other 13 episodes in just one. It's so cool that in tenth season, the most part of the flashback when Chandler and Monica tell the guys they're moving out is about this episode. With some memorable sentences like "They don't know that we know they know we know" and hilarious faces by Joey, TOW everybody finds out is the best episode and the funniest one.
1 2 >