Friends

The One Where Everybody Finds Out

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 11, 1999 on NBC

• One of the best episodes of all the comedy series.

My favorite episode ever. I guess it's probably the best of all. Ross is so funny when he's at Ugly Naked's apartment. Rachel and Pheobe, specially the last one, make everything look like a game where they can't lose. It's a great episode that put the other 13 episodes in just one. It's so cool that in tenth season, the most part of the flashback when Chandler and Monica tell the guys they're moving out is about this episode. With some memorable sentences like "They don't know that we know they know we know" and hilarious faces by Joey, TOW everybody finds out is the best episode and the funniest one.
  • "they know that we know that they know that we know!"

When the guys find out that Ugly Naked Guy is moving out, Ross decides to move to his appartment. Phoebe finds out that Chandler and Monica are sleeping together, which Rachel and Joey already know. Now this brings them on a game of who cracks up the first: Monica and Chandler telling them, or Phoebe and Rachel telling they know.

Thie episode, unquestionably, is one of the best episodes in season 6 and possibly in the whole series. This is off course one of my fave episodes. It was so so funny seeing them all trying to make the other talk, and seeing Phoebe trying to seduce Chandler was hilarous. The ending was awesome, with Ross finding out about Chanlder and Monica by the window! The whole episode is so amazing! Is so freakin funny!
  • So funny you can't watch

A perfect example of the show taking one situation and making it so funny, no more could possibly be done with it. The great part of this show is that they utilise all characters to their fullest potential, which makes it HIIIIILARIOUS. Just little character development moments which add so much to a scene. Monica cleaning up Joey and Chandler's bathroom. Joey opening up Phoebe's bra. They add so much to a scene

The episode has Alexa Junge doing what she does best, by creating brilliant situations. As Phoebe and Chandler get closer, sitting in your chair is not an option.The scene is given so much life by the facial expressions of the actors and the excited audience, Oh how i would have killed to go a taping.
    And to top it all off, after all the hilarity, we get to see, as Rachel Points out 'THAT'S NAKED ROSS'

and the tag scene.... ohhhh Ross poor old ross
  • This episode shows Monica and Chandler finaly announcing their love for one another and everyone knowing about their affair.

This is probably the best episode of all! A deffinite favorite. I laughed so hard throughout the entire thing, it was a classic freak out episode. It shows such a strong connection with the gang. In other episodes, everyone kind of deals with their own problems, but in this episode everyone has one main thing to focus on. It shows Chandler and Monica in a way that we have not really seen before, and Pheobe and Rachel are shown to be very sly. It's just a very funny episode, and I would name it the best one of all ten seasons.
  • This is propably my favourite episode of Friends!

I have watched this episode many many times and I don`t understand how it can still make me laugh so hard. Again and again. Just about everything in it is so damn hilarious. Best parts being: When Phoebe first finds out. "Aaaa!!Aaaaaa! Aaaa!!! Aaa!! My Eyes!! My Eyes!!!" And Ross coming in on that and they all just jump around screaming!! (I`m giggling inside to that image) Funny thing is (what isn´t) that all of the friends have first reacted a little loudly to the news.. Weird.. Anyway.. What a better way to deal with finding out that two of your best friends are together than to mess with them..Obviously. And even now Joey is the one getting stuck in the middle of their "war" and that´s always very funny to watch.
    Phoebe and Chandler´s "date" is, out of all the episodes, the thing that I can come back to and feel better about life because it gets me in a better mood. The dancing and flirting and kissing all of which are the most uncomfortable moments ever, ofcourse in a funny way.
    And Ross, trying to get Ugly naked guy´s appartment.. If you wanna bond with ugly naked guy, don´t buy him a basket of mini muffins...get naked yourself!! Another classic moment of this episode, for sure..
    Like all this wouldn´t be enough to make this episode perfect but Monica and Chandler finally REALLY tell each other that they love each other. Wonderful.
    This episode also ends perfectly with Ross seeing from the window of his new appartment Monica and Chandler getting pusy..Funny!!! "What Are You Doing!! Get Off My Sister!!

So if I haven´t said it already, I truly loved this episode. Also you don´t see much of any secondary characters in this which is great because these are the people you really care about and want to see.
  • Monica and Chandler's relationship is finally revealed to all in this absolutely hysterical episode

This is absolutely the funniest episode in the entire series. The scene where Phoebe and Chandler try to seduce each other is a classic. Also funny scenes where Ross sits naked in Ugly Naked Guys' apartment as he tries to get the lease to move in; the total frustration of Joey having to keep this long secret; the whole "They don't know we know they know" mantra. And even the resolution where Chandler announces that he loves Monica. Finally, when Ross finds out by spying Chandler and Monica through the window. Fantastic, incredibly funny episode all the way through!!!
  • The best episode ever !

Well, I think that it is the best episode of the series, and undoubtedly one of the best performance of Lisa Kudrow. Her way of saying "my eyes" and her dance to allure Chandler are among the funniest moments of the show. Generally, I adore the funny dances in a TV show, like the "routine" of Ross and Monica or odd dance of Elaine Benes in Seinfeld.
    And Phoebe's "they don't know that we know they know we know!", hillarant ! It is also funny that this episode marks the first appearance of Joey's toy Hugsy and the final appearance of Ugly Naked Guy.
  • great!

AHAHAHAH.. how can you not be laughing while watching this episode?
    I just live the whole "They don't know that we know that they know we know...". Phoebe in this episode is really really great.. . My fave scene is when Chandler and Phoebe are about to kiss each other for the very first time.. I mean.. You have to laugh! Or when Phoebe sees through the window Monica and Chandler and then she and Rachel start to jump and scream to hide the "view" from Ross.. it's one of the best episode of the 5th series.. and maybe it's the best one.. .
  • Best episode ever

I was sitting at home yesterday looking for something to watch and I thought of a Friends episode I'd really like to watch. I started a few ones and then I stumbled upon this. I remembered it directly although it's been a while since I've last watched it.
    It's really my favourite episode of Friends! Phoebe and Rachel against Monica and Chandler - classic! And it was so amazing when Chandler and Phoebe kissed and Chandler backed away saying that he loves Monica. Wasn't that just so great???
    And how Ross found out in the end was so much fun. Did I mention how much I love this episode? Hilarious!!
  • This episode is awesome!

This episode is hilarious! It's all about everybody finding out about Monica and Chandler's relationship! It starts off by when the Ugly Naked Guy moves out of his flat and Ross want's to buy. Then Phoebe finds out about their relationship and Rachel, Joey and Phoebe secudes Chandler!
    It's really hilarious and cleverly-plotted!

I am a huge Friends fan and I luv this episode. This episode is one of my favourite.If you haven't still watched this episode then WATCH IT! :)
  • funny, truth spilling, HALARIOUS!!

this is my all time fav show of friends. it's soo funny how everybody finds out about rachel and chandler. my favourite quote is "No, no no, what are you doing, Get of my sister" it's soo funny. in this episode when monica and chandler found out that phoebe and rachel know, they go along with phoebe and her sexuality trick and then they almost end up kissing but then chandler breaks. everyone i knoe who is obsessed with friends says that this is their favourite episode. i recommend this episode to absolutley everyone i know because it is the funniest thing i have ever seen.
  • The episode with the best laughs, the best tricks and the best proclamation of love.

I had to classify this as "Jumps the Shark", for it is definitely the episode that reaches the highest level of comedy, no other episode ever came close.

Most episodes have chuckles and a few louder laughs, some episodes have moments where you are laughing so hard you're almost cheering. This episode has several of those cheering moments. It starts off in full speed and doesn't let you slow down and catch your breath, culminating in the moment where the strongest Friends couple prove that they are here to stay.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here...

Plot-wise this episode is close to perfect. Phoebe sees Monica and Chandler through the window, and in a scene that soon turns hysterical (in a good way) Rachel tries to calm Phoebe down and keep Ross from finding out at the same time.

Phoebe and Rachel soon decide that they want to get a little revenge on Monica and Chandler for keeping this a secret. Rachel is to try and get in the way of Monica and Chandler seeing each other privatly, but she'll do it in a way that won't make them suspect anything. Phoebe meanwhile is going to make a pass at Chandler to corner him. However Monica and Chandler soon figure out what they are doing and decide to give them a dose of their own medicine. Joey is stuck in the middle, but wants nothing to do with all of it.

Little by little the plot thickens and things get more complicated. Soon nobody's really sure who "knows that we know they know we know" and so forth. Phoebe and Chandler are to meet to have sex, with Monica and Rachel listening in on their respective ends to see who will break first.

While all of this is going on Ross is out to get Ugly Naked Guy's apartment, and likes Rachel's suggestion that he should try and bond with UNG. However Ross only knows one thing that UNG really likes... We see Ross paying UNG a visit, then we return to the other storyline. In the middle of one of their scenes they notice that UNG has a naked friend, and in one of the funniest moments in Friends history the five gathered friends realise that it is Naked Ross.

This revelation does not get in the way of the rendezvous between Phoebe and Chandler however. They both try to seduce each other and make the other break, in a scene that includes awkward touching, dancing and some very strange sex comments. The contest is finally won when Phoebe and Chandler kiss. Chandler just can't kiss her when he loves Monica, and he declares that Phoebe has won and that he can't have sex with her. Phoebe triumphs, but is stumped when Chandler tells her why - he is in love with Monica. Phoebe is shocked, Monica comes darting in the room, and Joey and Rachel hurry in as well. Chandler declares again that he loves Monica, and in a very sweet moment they profess their love for each other and kiss.

Ross is still blissfully unaware of it all, but on the day when he is showing his boss his new apartment he looks out the window and sees the same thing Phoebe did in the beginning of the episode...

This episode has the cast giving one of their all-time best performances, especially Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry and Lisa Kudrow are at their best. The writing is brilliant, the direction excellent and the whole episode has a feel of something very special.

And last but not least, it is the episode where Chandler and Monica come out into the limelight and secure their place as the strongest, most devoted and most loving couple in the show. Sorry Ross and Rachel, they win.

• This episode in particular was priceless because it was not just funny; it also showcased the character development of each of the Friends as well as moving my favorite plotline to the next level.

Friends was a feel good, funny, quirky show for the 10 seasons that it was on the air. And, as a sitcom, many episodes were hysterically funny and can be watched again and again. However, I found this episode in particular to be priceless because it was not just funny; it also showcased the character development of each of the Friends as well as moving my favorite plotline to the next level.

Certain scenes from this show are mentioned frequently by other reviewers: Phoebe first finding out from the Naked Guy's apartment across the street; the continuing "but they don't know we know they know... etc."; Phoebe's dance when she is pretending to seduce Chandler; et al. My favorite moments in the episode are slightly more subtle: Phoebe's claim that she would fight with her best weapon - her sexuality; the audience's first glimpse at Joey's stuffed animal; and one of my favorite lines of the show: Chandler asking Monica if she cleaned up the bathroom while she's hiding from Phoebe in the bathroom of the boy's apartment. (Of course she did.)

This episode managed to show not only how seamlessly this cast fit together, but, at the same time, it gave the audience glimpses into the psyche of each individual character.

And, of course, Chandler and Monica proclaim their love for one another!
  • This is one of my favorite Friends episode, or maybe of any TV show. Hillarious, cute, and sweet this episode is definitely a must-see.

This is a fantastic episode and if you haven't seen it you have to. This is my favorite episode of Friends I have seen, actually this and the One with all the Thanksgiving Flashbacks, or whatever it's called. This is one of my favorites because it's so hilarious. Pheobe finds out about Chandler and Monica in the beginning and she and Rachel decide to play tricks on the couple. Pheobe pretends to have feelings for Chandler and Rachel makes it more difficult for them to have time to see eachother. When Monica and Chandler discover what's going on they try to turn the tables on them and then the games begin. I also love this episode because of Chandler's confession of his love for Monica. Oh, and there is a great side story of Ross trying to get Ugly Naked Guy's apartment. All in all, this is a must-see classic episode of Friends.
  • OHH MY GAWD!!!! Could this episode BE any funnier? This episode and "The One With the Embryo's" are like series classics. The scene with Chandler and Phoebe in Chandler's apartment is one of the funniest in television history. So after all, this episode i

OHH MY GAWD!!!! Could this episode BE any funnier? This episode and "The One With the Embryo's" are like series classics. The scene with Chandler and Phoebe in Chandler's apartment is one of the funniest in television history. So after all, this episode is classic among classics in Television history.
  • One of the funniest, laugh-out-loud episodes of the series!

"The One Where Everybody Finds Out" marks what might be the funniest individual episode of the series. After several months of Monica & Chandler sneaking their relationship behind everyone's back, particularly to Joey's dismay, the cat is out of the bag... well, almost. Before Rachel & Phoebe broadcast the newly learned information that Monica and Chandler are 'doing it,' they devise a plan to mess with Monica's and Chandler's heads in order to freak them out, which puts Phoebe and her sexuality on the spot with the intention of seducing Chandler. In order to somehow disprove their relationship, Chandler must play the victim to Phoebe's sexuality and act as if Phoebe's seduction has worked perfectly on him. Both are determined to win the contest, but how far will they have to go before one of them snaps? This episode might pass the test for most moments of side-splitting laughter and cheers from the entire series, as it also introduces Joey's bedtime penguin pal Hugsy, and may or may not let Ross work past his rage problem. One of the show's most classic episodes!
  • Definitely the best show of the season and one of the best of the entire show.

This episode is so great because all the characters are involved in the same storyline. All the characters are funny and they each have their own moment to themselves in the show.

In the episode Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler, so she and Rachel decide to use it to their advantage as Monica and Chandler don't know that they know. Monica figures it out soon though and eventually Phoebe realises that: they don't know we know they know we know! The way Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler couldn't be funnier.

The entire episode builds up to Phoebe and Chandler pretending to like each other and in Joey's apartment all of the friends (except Ross) are waiting to see who cracks first. Chandler does and, by mistake, he also reveals that he loves Monica. Ross isn't in the episode much but he finds out about Monica and Chandler over the ending credits just like Phoebe did and he doesn't take it very well...

Another reason this episode is so great is because it isn't very serious and it's like you get to see the Friends normally when nothing is going on in their lives and they are just hanging out. It is definitely one of the best episodes of Friends ever.
  • When the Friends find that Ugly Naked Guy is moving out, Ross tries to bribe his way into getting the apartment. Pheobe finds out about Chandler and Monica, so she and Rachel try to seduce him. When he finds out, he has a little fun of his own.

This episode is a classic, it shows all the group in a hilarious situation. For any Friends fan, this episode will have you laughing out loud. With the two funniest characters, Chandler and Pheobe, in a plot like this, what could be better? It includes romance between Monica and Chandler, comedy and pure Friends moments. It is a must see Friends episode, and definately my favourite. This is a unique episode of Friends and one that you will definately remember, having won several awards. I gave this episode a 9.5 for it's brilliant stroyline and hilarious moments. You simply have to see it!
  • Top rated on TV.com?

Well I love this episode and it probably is my favorite of the season but best episode of the series? I really don't know about that. there is some funny moments. But "The One With Phoebe's Embryos" is probably the best in my opinion. So I think this is a little overrated. Anyways, yes all the development is Ross gets a new apartment, gets naked for Ugly Naked Guy. Phoebe finds out so then Rachel, Phoebe & Joey all start to play games with Monica and Chandler. Funniest scene would have to when Phoebe kisses Chandler and then he says that she wins and then he declares his love for Monica again. Then it was sort of a cliffhanger when Ross finds out. What will happen next?
  • "They don't know that we know they know we know!" - Phoebe

This was one of the best episodes ever and the ultimate Chandler and Monica episode. Ugly Naked Guy is moving out so Ross tries to get his place so that he can live across Rachel and Monica. So Rachel, Phoebe and Ross go check out the place. Phoebe looks out the window and sees Chandler and Monica doing something that well, hurts her eyes. The screaming part with Phoebe, Rachel and Ross was so funny. And Ross really screams like a girl. So now Phoebe knows and she thinks they should have some fun with it so she hits on Chandler. He tells Monica about this and she immediately knows that Phoebe knows because there's no other explanation.
    To get back at Phoebe Chandler flirts back and wonders if she wants to go on a date. She would love to (well actually she wouldn't but she wants to win. Did I mention this was a confusing episode). So they go on a date in Chandler's appartment and as they awkwardly kiss Chandler admits that he can't have sex with her because he's in love with Monica, and she loves him too. All very cute.
    Meanwhile Ross gets Ugly Naked Guy's apartment by being Naked Ross. He shows his boss his new apartment and just as his boss says that he can go back to work he notices something through the window and becomes Mental Ross again. That's the story of how everyone found out about Chandler and Monica. I wonder if the're ever gonna tell their kids this story.
  • "Well, my grandfather was Swedish and my grandmother was actually a tiny little bunny."-Chandler Bing

Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler, so she and Rachel play practical jokes on them. Monica and Chandler realize something's up so they play along. Ugly Naked Guy sublets his apartment and is greeted with a number of applicants - including Ross. Wow it was really tough to pick which episode as my favourite of season 5 but it has to be The one where everyone finds out, another superb episode of Friends probably my second favourite episode of the series, after the brilliant one with the embryos. This episde was another fast episode which will have you in stiches.
  • Phoebe and Rachel decide to have some fun when they find out about Monica and Chandler's relationship.

This episode is one of the best, not only in season 5, but in the whole series of FRIENDS. I was cracking up the entire episode. The scenes with Phoebe seducing Chandler were hysterical. I was laughing out loud for the whole thing. In this episode, Phoebe and Rachel have some fun with Monica and Chandler when they find out about their hidden relationship. Of course when Monica and Chandler know they know, they have some fun as well. Then, Phoebe and Rachel know they know that they know so they continue. This leads to Chandler and Phoebe trying to seduce each other to make the other one crack. Eventually, Chandler cracks and confesses his love for Monica which gets the whole group happy except Ross who witnesses them "doing it" and is very angry.
  • Funniest episode in the history of funny episodes!

Oh how I love this episode!! I laughed soooo hard when it first aired, and I couldn't stop talking about it for weeks! Ok, maybe I STILL talk about it... Anyway, it was just too funny how Monica and Chandler were trying sooo hard not to let anyone know they were together as an official couple. Joey found out a while back. And then Rachel accidently. Now Pheobe sees them "doing it" from Ugly Naked Guy's apartment across the street, and knows too. It leads to a hilarious game between Chandler and Pheobe- Chandler trying to prove he's not involved with anyone, least of all Monica. And Pheobe trying to get him to confess that he and Monica are a "thing". Just too funny, and the biggest laugh-fest I've had in a while!
  • Monica and Chandler's relationship is discovered by all of their friends and causes some very exciting and funny events. A classic episode with great plot development.

If somebody would ask me to find my favorite episode of Friends, this episode would be certainly my choce. It is one of the earliest episodes I have seen and one of the funniest ones.
    Monica and Chandler kept their relationship a secret for some time, but now their friends one by one find out about it. Joey, who knew it for a long time and had to cover their slipups is very excited to find out that Rachel knows about M&C's relationship, too. When Phoebe (by accident) finds out, she and Rachel make up a plan to cover up M&C's relationship. In the end even Ross finds out about the secret love.
    There are so many great moments in this episode that I can describe only a few:
    Joey's attempt to settle all things Phoebe's reaction to Monica and Chandler's kissing plus the dancing afterwards
    The "love-game" Chandler and Phoebe play although they both know that it is a game
    Chandler declaring his love
    Phoebe's flirting
    ... and so many more

All in all, in my opinion thist is one of the best episodes ever written and worth to watch: A series classic.
  • a good episode one of the best ever.

When the friends discover that Ugly Naked Guy is moving out of his apartment, Ross leaps at the opportunity to get his own place again by sening him a gift basket of mini muffins, the small on as lots of people want the appartment. Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler's relationship, and tries to get them to reveal the truth by seducing Chandler and then chandler and monica find out about them knowing and over and over again untill they r going to have sex and then chandler confesses, rachael also knows at this point. to get the appartment ross and ugly naked guy sit together naked. and also ross ends up getting the appartment and a museum guy comes telling ross he can get his old job back and then he goes beserk after seeing chandler and monica having sex. a very goos episode, lol ha ha lol.
  • As Ross tries to get Ugly Naked Guy's apartment, Phoebe finds out about Monica and Chandler.

"CHANDLER AND MONICA! Oh, my eyes! MY EYES!" With these words yelled out in anguish and pain begins one of the funniest episodes of the series.

While looking at Ugly Naked Guy's apartment with Ross, Phoebe sees Monica and Chandler doing "it". Rachel fills her in and Joey is glad because now everything can be out in the open. But things are never that simple.

Most of the humor doesn't really start until Phoebe devises messing with Monica and Chandler. Rachel and Phoebe have all kinds of fun at the new couple's expense. But once "they know they know", the rivalry is non-stop hilarious.

The highlight of the episode is Phoebe. While she has always had a quirky humor, this is one of the few times she drives the comedy herself. Her in full on flirting mode is her absolute funniest. And when Chandler joins in, the two of them playing off of each other is priceless.

This episode ends with Ross finding out about Monica and Chandler the same way Phoebe did. It marks the last appearance of Ugly Naked Guy on the series, and also introduces Huggsy, Joey's stuffed penguin. This episode is important storywise and flat out funny, and an instant classic for the series.
  • This is the best 'friends', episode, by far.

This is a very funny episode. Its starts when Monica and Chandler still are dating but they want to keep their relationship a secret from Febe, Joey, Rachel, and Ross. While Febe and Ross are at Ross's apartment. Febe goes to his window. She see's that Monica and Chandler are making out from the girls apartment across the street. She then starts freaking out. They then try to be sneaky and Febe starts hitting on chandler. Chandler and Monica finnaly realize this. They start to play along as well. Then Febe and Ross figure out that they figured out that they knew Monica and Chandler were dating. And it just keeps going back and fourth thru the entire episode. Pure Fun.
  • One of the funniest episodes of anything I've seen.

The friends peer across the road and see Ugly Naked Guy's apartment. After seeing many boxes, most of which are labeled clothes, they assume correctly he is moving. Ross, Rachel and Phoebe go to check it out after Ross feels he could get the apartment. He loves it and goes to check out the rest of the apartment. Phoebe is looking over the road and sees Chandler and Monica having sex. Chandler and Monica still think only Joey knows about them, except Rachel does too after hearing a phone call between the two. And now Phoebe does too, but they try and keep it discreet to prevent Ross from finding out. Joey thinks this means they could tell Mon and Chan they know, but Phoebe and Rachel decided to play games with them. Phoebe starts hitting on Chandler, who is very flattered. But, Monica suspects something. The day after, Phoebe continues to hit on Chandler, in front of Monica. Monica convinces Chandler she knows. They question Joey and he lets slip Rachel knows too. They respond to this by reacting flirtatiously to Phoebe. Initially confused, her and Rachel make Joey confess he told Monica and Chandler they know. So, yet again they decide to react to Chandler flirting back. Meanwhile, Rachel advises Ross, whom is having a tough time winning over Ugly Naked Guy who is subletting the apartment himself, to find a common interest with Ugly Naked Guy. This ends up with Ross becoming naked with Ugly Naked Guy much to his friends horror. After the final showdown between Phoebe and Chandler, Chandler backs down first telling all the witnesses he loves Monica. At the end of the episode, Ross gets the apartment and finds out about Monica and Chandler. This episode is fantastic and will remain forever a favourite for many Friends fans.
  • this episode is legge u neva stop laughing!!!! i loved it lol

this episode neva let me take a breath because i was always laughing!!!!! omg its great when phoebe first finds out with all the screaming!!! love it!!!!!!!!!! then when she tries to make chandel say that he was with monica and he admits that he loves her!!! that was great!! the episode ends with a great laugh when ross sees them together!!!! " my best friend and my sister!" love it to the max!!! it a great episode to see that their relationship can go somewhere now that everyone knows about them!!! this is my favourite episode now and it will always be lol
  • Racheal and Joey already know about the Mondler, but Phoebe and Ross don't. While they are checking out ugly naked guys apartment Phoebe sees them through the window. Throughout the episode her and Racheal try to get them to admit it.

This is my favorite episode. All my favorite quotes are in it such as "get it of fat man get it off!!" , "my eyes my eyes!!" , "we know we know we knowww!!" and "omgg he wants me to come over and feel his bicep and more!!!" The way that Phoebe finds out suits her perfectly and the way that chandler admits it is perfection. I have watched this episode so many times that i can recite the whole entire thing. i have lost count how many times i have watched, in all its probably around 50, literally. So for all the episodes i have seen so far this is definently my favorite. I think i might just watch it when i get home.
< 1 2