Friends

The One Where Joey Loses His Insurance

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 14, 1999 on NBC

• Another fantastic episode.

Better than the previous episode, TOW Joey loses his insurance is actually an average episode for Friends. As the title suggests, Joey loses his health insurance. He gets a hernia but refuses to go to hospital. Phoebe is worried she will die and Ross is worried his new students won't like him. This episode is full of hilarious moments, and for once Ross's story is probably one of the funnier ones. I was actually surprised by this, especially since the other major storyline was with Joey. Monica and Rachel make fun of Ross's british accent; which he uses to get his students to like him. To top it all off, Rachel finds out that her and Ross are still married. This is a great episode, although by far not the best of season 6.
  • This episode shows off the characters of Joey, Phoebe, and Ross very well!

This episode is one of my favorites from my favorite season of this show. It portrays the characters so well keeping the comedy very strong. Joey is typical Joey by still trying to act while having a hernia. This episode gives a real life consequence to Joey not being able to find a lot of acting work. For once, we see the characters in a real life way, not in an over-exaggerated we can spend all our time in the coffee shop and never have to work kind of way.

This is one of Ross's best episodes as he shows off his nerdy side. It is not Ross gets the girl or loses the girl. It is a very nervous Ross trying to become a university lecturer on paleontology. It is one of the best episodes in showing off Ross's character.
  • Wow!! Hilarious!

This episode provides the funniest moment I have ever seen in television. Joey is auditioning for a part where he has to be enthusiastic about buying his son a new swing set. However, there is a set back, Joey has a hernia and is in serious pain. He cannot accommodate, and end's up completely making a fool of himself--in the worst possible way! Wow, it's so freaking funny! If you love Friends, or love Joey, this is a must see episodes. It's one of those moments you have to see for yourself. I mean, words can't describe it. Hell, even if you hate Friends, this is guaranteed laughter. Oh, and Ross's accent, wow! This episode was awesome!
  • Ross is asked to give a lecture at NYU. Phoebe learns from her psyhic that she has a week to live. Joey losses his insurance.

This episode was not as good as the one before. I still liked it but I felt like something was missing. I don't know why everyone gest board with Ross. I don't! Well may the speech but everything like his British accent and then he kept changing it and everyone was like WTF? Joey is funny with his naked chic stuff and his side thing. During the movie the kid was just standing there! And then Chandler shows him that thing and he crys! I would be like OMFG!!!! The best Joey part was when it was like I can get hit by a bus or set myself on fire! Love it!
  • a good episode

Ross is asked to give a series of lectures at NYU an he gets nervous so he puts on a phoney british accent. Phoebe learns from her psychic that she only has a week to live but doesnt stay around find out when as it would cost her money. Joey learns that his health insurance has lapsed due to a lak of actig roles. what a time for him to get a hernia. he then tries to act with his hernia and finally succeeds. and in the end rachael finds out and confronts ross that she knows the marraige wasn't annuled.
  • Dieing and Lieing, all in another great episode of Friends.

This is one of my favorite episodes of Friends. It is one of the funniest episodes. The main plot, Joey losing his insurance, ironically, isn't actually that funny. Ross' and Phoebe's are though.
    Phoebe has a normal ditzy plot, after being told she's going to die before the following Friday and she's trying to prepare everyone. There's a hilarious scene with Rachel where Phoebe pretends to die standing up.
    Also, a classic Friends moment, Ross' Fake Accent. Monica and Rachel go and see Ross at his new job, at NYU, he's a guest lecturer. Monica and Rachel walk in half way through only to hear him using a fake British accent. Monica and Rachel then try there own fake accents.
  • Fun's over for Ross.

This episode was really great and funny. I think Joey's plot was the funniest, him having the hernia and not having insurance. Then trying to get a job in the meanwhile, hilarious! I like how he scares that little boy, with his inviting comment about his surprise. My favorite part, and probably the most important part of the episode, is when Rachel finds out Ross didn't get the annulment. She was freaking out! Also how they synched that plot with the fake accent plot was also very funny. Phoebe thinking that she was going to die was pretty funny, something to keep the episode livelier. A great cliffhanger.