Friends

The One Where Joey Speaks French

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 19, 2004 on NBC

• This one is probably's "Friends" at its worse.

Season 10 is not the best season of "Friends". In fact, it may easily be the worst season. Either way, there's no doubt that this episode is the worst episode - and not just on "Friends". Joey's storyline was silly and boring. So the guy doesn't speak french. We get that. Having Phoebe trying to teach him to speak french and have him repeat after her with anything but french is the dumbest plot. My newborn nephew could come up with something more clever then that. Phoebe and Joey, two that could easily be the funniest of the Friends are the worst in this episode. The story with Rachel and Ross... Well, it has a nice idea behind it, but it's done badly! Rachel's dad was in the episode, but other then one or two jokes at Ross' expense, he did nothing. Very dissapointing, since this man actually brings alot of fun to the show. In addition, the way they dealt with Rachel coming on to Ross was badly written and played. The only good thing about the all thing was her reaction to Ross the next morning (telling him she felt humiliated and unsatisfied), but that's the only good thing in this story - and in the episode. I won't even talk about Monica and Chandler who are my favourite couple and most their stories I really do love. They dissapointed me so much in this episode, I don't even want to remember it. And one final remark: Joey drinking a gallon of milk in 10 seconds was probably a good ending to a terrible episode. And no - it wasn't a funny scene, nor was it sophisticated. It was so bad - that it reflected the entire bad episode of the best comedy on television.