Friends

The One Where Joey Speaks French

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 19, 2004 on NBC

• I don't even understand how this 'joke' got through the writing procedure. "Yeah, uh, wouldn't it be funny if Phoebe tries to teach Joey French but all he like does is, speak gibberish?"

There are a few episodes in Friends that were suposed to be funny, they just weren't executed well. Joey speaking French was on a completely different level. I don't even understand how this 'joke' got through the writing procedure. "Yeah, uh, wouldn't it be funny if Phoebe tries to teach Joey French but all he like does is, speak gibberish?"

And that same problem makes this episode silly, weird and just plain insulting. Even if Joey speaking gibberish was funny, what is the point? Joey is the dumb one, we get that. What bothers me is that he stupidty differs from episode to episode. Sometimes he's just a little dim, the next he's just a complete retard And yes, Joey was a complete retard in this episode.

I wasn't laughing at this episode at all, I did however pity him.

What makes it worse for me is how he doesn't even realize he's doing it. One failed audition later just when Phoebe gets a perfect change to get her revenge she decides to humor Joey?

Their last scene together (drinking a galon of milk) was slightly better but once again, when did Joey go from being a bit slow to a complete retard Seeing him covered in milk grinning just made me feel sorry for the guy, like he needed serious medical attention.

The Ross and Rachel scenes were better although once again I found myself screaming at the TV. It seems the producers always, no matter what the argument is, try to make Rachel seem like the poor innocent victim. Ross once again showed how much Rachel means to him by not taking advantage of her in her time of despair and not only does she decide to give him the cold shoulder the next day she tries to justify why it is ok to sleep with someone just because they feel they need it. Does that mean she can just call Ross for a booty call whenever she wants?

The Chandler and Monica scenes were good, not amazing but I don't think I was in the mood to actually laugh after all those akward scenes.