Friends

The One Where Nana Dies Twice

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 1994 on NBC

• Monica & Ross Go To Their Nana's Bedside, She Returns To Life Then Dies, Everyone At The Office Thinks Chandler's Gay

Ross And Monica Go To Their Nana's Bedside Seeing As She Is Dying, She Returns To Life Momentarily And Then Dies.
    Ross Falls Into A Empty Grave And Breaks His Back.
    Everyone At Chandler's Office Thinks He Is Gay After A Work Colleague Arranges A Date For Him, With A Guy!
    This Episode Cracks Me, Especially Chandler, Who Is So Sarcastic, And Ross Falling In The Grave Was Hilarious, Albeit It Hurting A Lot!
    Another Brilliant Episode, Man I Love Friends!
    Ross And Monica's Parents Don't Like Monica As Much As Ross, Because Ross Is A Medical Miracle, This Creates A Lot Of Tension Between The 2 Of Them.
  • Ross and Monica go to the bedside of their dead grandmother, who momentarily returns to life. Chandler questions his sexual persona when a colleague wants to arrange a date for him-- with another guy! (DVD Summary)

Truly a heartfelt episode. It takes intelligent writers to make decent humor in a loved one's death. Dying twice is quite original. It seemed a little weird at first to see the friends on location, but it worked well. I love when Ross is helping pick out Nana's clothes and it starts raining sweet and low packets. I still tear up during that scene even though I have seen it a hundred times. I also love after the funeral at the Gellers' home. Ross is hilarious as a drugged out buffoon. And poor Monica struggles with her mother yet again. As for Chandler: you do not have a gay "quality." Straight men can be polite and clean too!
  • Chandler's Gay

This is another funny episode (do you see a trend going on here? lol) This episdoe starts with Chandler eating lunch when a woman comes in and tell him she's met the perfect guy for him. "He's cute, he's smart.." "he's a HE?" Come to find out everyone else thought CHandler was gay too.

Ross and Monica's Nana dies not once but twice. At the funeral Ross falls into a grave and takes to many pan pills that make him go goofy. Chandler still trys to over come the whole Gay thing. Joey brings a tv to the funeral gathering to watch a football game.
  • A very special episode

Chandler finds out a lot of people think he's gay when they first meet him; he tries to find out why. Paolo gives Rachel calls and shoes from Rome. Ross and Monica's grandmother dies... twice; At the funeral, Joey watches a football game on a portable TV; Ross falls into an open grave and hurts his back, then gets a bit loopy on muscle relaxers. Monica tries to deal with her mother's criticisms.
  • Fine.

This episode was fine, quite good. In this episode; Chandler discovers that a lot of people think he's gay when someone from his work tries to set him up with a guy. The main storyline of the story is Ross and Monica's nana dying twice. Then after that their mom recruits Ross to sort out their nana's clothes. While their doing this, Monica and her father discuss getting buried at sea. They have the funeral and the 6 are invited. Ross gets high from tablets after falling down a pit and tells some girls that Chandler is gay Monica tries to deal with her mothers criticisms. Joey watches TV at the funeral, and all the other men do to.
  • Monica and Ross' grandmother dies, meanwhile Chandler is trying to find out why people often think he's gay

At first it seems this episodes is a bit dramatic but then that mood is ruined by all the jokes, Joey watching a football game and Jack Geller saying he wants to be buried at sea. This brightens up the episode and makes it so funny even though it's mostly about a funeral. I like the way the charaters interact with each other in this episode, the only downfall was Ross on pills. It was an attempt to make Ross funnier but it didn't appeal to me much. Throughout the series he does get funnier though, mainly because of his moods.
  • Gay - 'It's a Quality'

Monica and Ross mourn the death of their grandmother Nana, and Monica and Mrs. Gellar come to an unspoken understanding about the relationship between mothers and daughters. Meanwhile, Chandler is irritated by office speculation that he's gay.

The scenes that feature Chandler threating over why people think he is gay is stomach-clenchingly funny.

You made need to use the loo half way through the episode.
  • ...

A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant!
  • Chandler: I just have to know, okay. Is it my hair? Rachel: (Exasperated) Yes, Chandler, that's exactly what it is. It's your hair. Phoebe: Yeah, you have homosexual hair.

Ross and Monica go to the bedside of their dead grandmother, who momentarily returns to life. Chandler questions his sexual persona when a colleague wants to arrange a date for him with a man. Another awesome episode from "Friends". I love it. It's so funny when Ross is saying goodbye to his "dead" nana. And when they come out fromt he hospital room, there is some awesome lines, I alsway find myself laughing when I watch this episode, Well I laugh at all the episode of "Friends", but this one is really funny. I also love this episode because everyone at Chandler's office thinks he is gay and when the group first meet him they thought he was too. Really funny episode. Oh and Chandler has a "quality".
  • This episode was quite funny, and it was indeed funny, too. I liked it, it wasnt the best, and the substory was a tsd boring. Other than that it was goood, and in a way, a "filler" episode. Also, it was reffured to later in the series, once or twice.

The One Where Nana Dies Twive was quite funny, and it was indeed sad, too. I liked it, however it was not the best, and the substory was a tad boring. Other than that it was goood, and in a way, a "filler" episode. Also, it was reffured to later in the series, once or twice. I rate it an A-. It was a tad weird that the grandmother died then came back alive, then died, but other than that, it was fine. It was sad the scene where Ross was in the closet, and found all the Sweer N' Lows. And it was funny the ending scene with the war between Monica and her mom. Haha. I rate this episode 9.2, which I call A-
  • Monica and Ross gieve the death of Nana ... twice while Monica and Mrs. Gellar come to an unspoken understanding about the bond of mothers and daughters. Chandler is mad about his office thinking he's gay.

Yet another amazingly written show with the whole cast supporting everyone in the cast. The episode truley proves why the long lived 10 season series has the title of Friends. Monica and Ross are struck with horrible news of the death of Nana, their grandmother ... not just once ... but twice! Chandler is thought of as being gay and is pushed when someone says it around him at the funeral for Ross and Monica's grandmother. One of them has to take pills that makes them loopy and they act some right -- hilarious and amazingly true to what their character should.
  • Awesome.

• Nana dies... TWICE!!! Haha!

You see on any normal show, when the grandmother died, it would be sad... but on Friends Nana dies twice and you have to do everything you can to stop from dying of laughter! Plus with Ross falling into the grave, and all the Sweet and Low raining on him... and professing his feelings to Rachel! Great!

Everyone thinks Chandler has a gay quality! Haha, how funny! I loved the beginning, when the poor woman was trying to set him up! Hysterical! Poor guy, he just can't figure it out.

Plus I loved Monica's unsucsessful heart to heart with her mom. Haha!!! Great episode!
  • average episode!

This episode was one of those average episodes! Where you like to watch in but nothing really AMAZING happened! But there were many things I enjoyed! I liked alot of aspects from it, especially the speculation of Chandler's sexuality!

Everyone thinks Chandler is GAY but he is completely straight and apparently there is something about him which just makes him see the gay type. The problem is no one can tell him exactly what so he can rectify the problem! This is becoming an issues when several people say the same thing! But the gay people dont want him either!
  • Chandler's gay innuendo begins!

Not the best episode of Friends but still had some moments, at the beginning it started out slow, but then it started to become sad, with The Sweet n' Low's falling, the death of Nana. The funeral service. Was all very sad. But then it started to have a completely different plot as it started to be about Ross being high on pain pills and almost revealing his feelings for Rachel, while Chandler finds out everyone thought he was gay when they first met him, which makes him insecure. Which was another light side of the episode. The other sad part is when Monica & her mom have a mother/daughter talk about Nan & became about her earrings & it turns out to be Nana's. An decent laughable episode.
  • The death of Monica & Ross' grandmother turns this comedy into a more dramatic venue, even with the fact that the other plot line revolves around Chandler's office thinking he is gay.

Whether it is intended to be a tearjerker, or not, I am not sure. But it does require kleenex, which is rare for a thirty minute comedy. Monica receives a phone call saying that Nana, her grandmother, is in the hospital and is very sick. By the time her and Ross get to the hospital, the nurse announces that Nana died. Monica & Ross enter the room to say good-bye, but when Ross goes to kiss her, she moves. Monica gets the Nurse who says "this hardly ever happens". But a few seconds later, Nana died again and stayed dead this time. During the funeral repection, a poignant moment is finally shared by Monica and her mom. Meanwhile Chandler is upset that people think he is gay.
  • The funest funeral I've ever been too.

It was ok. It was nothing to shout or write home about. I would say it was a typical friends episode. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The funeral was funny. I liked when the guys were watching the football game. I liked the sweet n' low part too. That was the most touching part of the episode and that wasn't even that touching. I didn't get the feeling anyone really gave a damm about "Nana". Football games. They really didn't care. I guess if they wanted a dramatic episode they would have gone for it . They took the comedic road. It is a comedy after all. I just wanted somthing. Some emotion. They definitly didn't play the part in any way of a griever. They would have gone to disney land. I didn't like how ok they were with the death. Give me some emotion.
  • Good

Nana dies twice, Monica and her mother come to an understanding, Ross falls into an empty grave, and everyone at Chandler's office thinks he's gay This episode wasnt the funniest episodde of the show in fact it was a long way off but it still made me laugh at times. Ross on the pills was hilarous "Oh I dont get it" Jack Geller shouting " Now im depressed" when watching the game at a funeral very very funny. Ross being jealous of Rachel and Paulo is one of the funniest parts of season 1 . I award this a 8 out of 10
  • Awesome episode

Monica and Ross mourn the death of their grandmother more than once and whilst at the funeral Joey watches the game on a hand held TV which turns out pretty good, Monica and her mum come to an unspoken understanding about the relationship between mothers and daughters and still monica cant please her mum. Meanwhile, Chandler is irritated by office speculation that he's gay and cant figure out what it is about him him that make people think that
  • Ross and Monica mourn the death of their grandmother, and Chandler is annoyed when he discovers that some people thinks he's gay.

7.9
    Ross and Monica visit their grandmother Nana at the hospital after receiving the notice she is dead, but she suddenly ressurects and dies again. Chandler is shocked to know that some people think he's gay, and even Rachel did for a while. He asks everyone he knows if they think he's gay. Ross gets commoted when he finds Nana's sugar sacks collection. All of the Friends go to Nana's funeral and in the family's reunion, Monica talks to her mother about how Nana was and nother and daughter finally get into terms. When Chandler talks to the guy his friend wanted to date with him,he discover the guy is gay.