Friends

The One Where No One's Ready

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 26, 1996 on NBC

• Paranoia and obsession two words to describe a hilarious and classic episode of friends.

The night begins with Joey drinking a glass of nasty fat which is just plain Joey style. This episode really showcases the traits of Ross and Monica with Ross getting agravated that no one is ready for is big night and Monica obsessing with a message left by Richard. All the while Joey and Chandler are fighting over a chair like two 8 year olds this is what makes Friends great.
  • good one

This was a good ep it was chandler fighting about joey taking his chair monica was worring about a massege to richard and ends up putin her messege to the outgoing one that was funny and ross was gettin mad because only pheabe was ready and she spilled on her dress and ross yelled at rachel and then she was not going to go but then he was so close to drink a glass of fat and joey wanted to see what other things ross would do it was so funny!
  • Funniest ever!

When Joey returns wearing all of chandler's clothes and says: "Look at me I'm Chandler - could I be wearing anymore clothes?"
    and of course his line of - "can't go commando in another man's fatigues"
    And of course Monica getting the message from richard and that whole sequence
  • hillarious!!

In this episode all of the friends are in one room through most of the episode. Ross has this seminar to go to and they all are going. and nobody is fready. Joey takes chandlers seat and chandler trips. monica gets a message from richard that she isnt sure if it is new or old. And rachel and ross get into a fight aboyt her not being ready. but liek every episode they pull together as a group and do what they have to do. and they all end up going to ross's museum thing and have a great time.
  • This is so great!!! A real Classic!

Truly, one of the best episodes in Friends! My second favorite actually, just next to TOW Everybody Finds Out.
    So, what makes this episode so great? Character usage here was balanced, everybody did their part; their best. Also, we see a different side of the FRIENDS, which makes us love their characters more! We see Ross in a euphoric state, Joey and Chandler acting like little kids, Rachel in her I'm-in-the-mood-but-not-later-but-will-be-again-in-a-little-while, Monica in her lovesick state, and Phoebe, well, in being more Phoebe!
    And of course, this episode happened in REAL TIME! I really think that writing this episode was difficult, since it was like a stand-up-comedy, where a comic should make his audience laugh and laugh!
  • Hilarious episode!

This is a great episode. The writers did an excellent job. Who would have thought they could do a whole episode that takes place in Monica and Rachel’s living room, and everything happens in about 20 minutes? Very creative, and it pays off as one of the funniest episodes of Friends. All the actors do an amazing job and the comedy couldn’t have been performed any better. There's just the right amount of jokes and irony that makes this episode a true classic!
  • Friends take on Seinfeild... and win.

This episode was much like an episode of Seinfeld i thought. Great realistic proformances and writing. Not overly character developing, but who cares... it was awesome. Everything was enjoyable from Joey and Chandler fighting over the chair, Pheobe\'s stain, Monica\'s message and Ross and Rachael\'s tiff. Joey wearing ALL of Chandlers clothes was a definate highlight and mostlikely the most-remembered Joey moment. Oh, and who can forget the fat?
  • This is a sweet episode.

This is really funny. It's wierd because in this whole episode no one leaves Rachel and Monica's apartment.

Everyone is in Rachel and Monica's apartment except for Pheobe. Everyone is going to watch Ross do a speech. Ross is the only one ready. Rachel is trying to figure out what to wear. Chandler is sitting in a chair, then he goes to the bathroom. Phoebe enters the room and she is ready. Chandler comes out of the bathroom and Joey is sitting in the chair that Chandler was sitting in. Chandler tells him to get up, but he doesn't want to. Ross keeps bugging everyone to get ready. Monica comes out of her room and talks to Phoebe for a bit, then she checks the messages. She gets a message from Richard. She can't figure out if it's old or new. Ross tells her to just get ready. Chandler is still trying to get is chair back, but while doing that, Joey flings some humus on to Phoebe's dress. Phoebe is really mad so she goes to borrow a dress from Rachel. Meanwhile Monica is still trying to figure out if the message is old or new. She sends Richard a message to ask if the message was old or new. She listens to her message on the speaker phone because she knows Richards code for his answering machine. After she listens to her message again, there was another message from a girl. The girl said she had a fun time on the weekend. Monica is shocked that Richard has a girlfriend. Then Monica thinks it might be his daughter, Michelle. Then Chandler leaves the room to go change. He comes back and Joey is still sitting in the chair. Chandler tells Joey that he has to go get changed now. He says okay and leaves the room with the cushions for the chair. Chandler's mad. When Joey comes back, he yells at Chandler for taking all his underwear. Then he says he is going to do the exact opposite of what Chandler did. He storms out of the apartment. Then Ross gets really mad because Rachel still hasn't picked out what to wear yet. He yells at her and she is about to cry. Then Monica calls Michelle to see if that was her voice on the answering machine. She calls and she figures out that it was. She hangs up, but Michelle calls her back because Michelle has caller ID. Monica answers the phone and explains everything. Michelle gets really mad and hangs up. Then Monica finally gets ready. Then Rachel comes out of her room and says that she's not going to go. Then Joey comes in with all of Chandler's clothes on. Every piece of clothing that Chandler owns was on Joey. Then Ross asks Rachel if there is anything to do to make it up to her. Joey says "Why don't you drink fat?" Rachel says that Ross should drink fat. Ross agree's to drink fat, if Rachel would go. Right as soon as Ross is about to drink it, Rachel stops him and says she'll go. She can't believe that Ross would actully drink fat for her. They make up and they have sex right in the middle of the table after everyone leaves.

I give this episode a 9.4 out of 10.
  • All in one room. All in 20 mins. Great. -SPOILERs inside-

Watching this episode I understand why producers keep saying that FRIENDS actor are best when acting all in the same room. You can literaly see the chemistry that has made this show the best ever. I especially like Schwimmer's Ross in this episode. He has done a great job portraying the anxious guy we all know, who almost becomes crazy since no one gets ready. Then he turns into classic Ross when Rachel is upset. Brilliant. In this episode we also see great comedy (Ross himself his hilarious but Chandler and Joey are great too) and a twist of romance (by Mon-Richard's story and Ross-Rachel's). A great example of the show FRIENDS was
  • Ross had to go to a banquet where he was giving a speech. Rachel couldn't figure out what to wear Ross gets really mad and yells at Rachel. Rachel decides not to go but changes her mind when Ross would drink a glass of fat if she would go.

I think that this was a really really really funny episode. I loved the part when Joey drank the fat because he thought that it was cider and then he tried to trick Ross and Chandler into eating it. Also I think that part when Joey takes Chandler's chair was really funny so Chandler takes Joey's underwear. Then Joey puts on all of Chandler's clothes even though he's commando (
  • joey and chandler fighting!

i love this episode and all shows that run on real time like 24.
    i loved joey and chandler in this episode it says so much about there personalities and friendship that they would get into a fight over something so small like who gets to sit in the comfy chair and it such a big deal even though they know that its ross' night i will always have the image of joey walking in with everything that chandler has on that was genious. i felt so bad for ross even though he is my least fave friend but then when he snaped at rachel and hated him all over again.
  • Every Friends-episodes are funny, and this one is too! I love it!

Ross is going to a museum-thing, and want to bring everyone. Rachel can't decide what to wear. Chandler and Joey starts to fight about a chari. Monica wonder about call Richard. She leaves a message on Richard's phone, but it turns out to be a little bit imberesing.... Ross is stressed about that Rachel can't decide, so he jells at her. She decides not to come. But then Ross shows her that he will drink a glass whit fat, just so she will have to come. Then she get dresssed up, and comes whit. Chandler and Joey are still fighting, so Joey take all of Chandler's clotes, and wears them. Just because Chandler took Joey's underwear.
  • Hilarious!

"The One Where No One's Ready" is absolutely one of my favorite epsiodes. It's filmed in real-time as an homage to Seinfeld, and takes place solely in Rachel and Monica's apartment. Everyone is supposed to be attending a banquet at the museum where Ross is giving a speech, and they have exactly 26 minutes to get ready. Joey and Chandler get into an argument over an armchair, which escalates and results in one of my favorite lines from Friends: "Look at me, I'm Chandler. Could I be wearing any more clothes?". Monica is in mourning over her break-up with Richard and freaks out when she hears a message from him on the answering machine: she doesn't know if it's old or new. During Chandler and Joey's fight they get hummus on Phoebe's dress (she was the only one who was ready to go), so she has to find something else to wear. Rachel can't decide what to wear and keeps emerging from her room, still not dressed, asking everyone what they think of different outfits. Meanwhile, Ross is becoming increasingly agitated with the group and is just trying to get everyone out the door and into a taxi. Definitely a classic.
  • Friends, the play.

This episode is amongst the very best of the whole Friends series. It has a rather unique style and setting making it stand out from the rest.

The whole episode takes place in one single room, the main living room of Monica and Rachel's flat. While on paper this might sound somewhat boring, it is executed quite brilliantly with great interplay between the actors and, it has to be said, great writing.

The story centers around Ross having a diner party at his museum and of course, all our friends are invited. We pick up the story with about 30 minutes left until they all have to leave... but no one is ready. Every character has a problem or situation to overcome in the short period of time, but the banter between Chandler and Joey is most certainly the pick of the bunch.

This episode is part of the legacy of Friends, part of the series peak. Therefore a true classic.
  • Ross has to make a speech at a banquet and is excited that he can take Rachel as his girlfriend but in panicing about them not making it in time he inadvertently upsets Rachel. Meanwhile Chandler & Joey have a CLASSIC argument.

One of my all time favourites. Usually Chandler with his wit has it slightly over Joey but I think in this episode Joey holds his own. Especially the part where he mentions going 'Commando!. Also I loved how Monica was all stressed over the Richard thing and was not her usual super on-time self!!
  • a good episode

in this episode ross is in haste about going to a banquet. all of the other friends are not rushing or ready so ross tells them to get ready. rachael is upset when ross yells at her so she gets changed and decides no to go. but then ross was going to drink the fat so she forgives him. joey and chandler fight over a chair ending with joey walking out with all of chandlers clothes on, after he stole his underwear. monica phones richard and leaves a desperate message on the answerphone. so this is a good episode. lol.
  • One of the funniest, and sweetest, episodes.

Ross is frantic to get everyone out the door and on their way to a gala. Phoebe is the only one who's actually ready. Rachel still needs to decide what to wear. Monica is obsessed with whether or not Richard is trying to get back together with her. And Chandler and Joey have one fight over the other concerning hiding clothes, chair cushions, and going "comando". And during all this comotion, some food spills on Phoebe's perfect outfit. So now she's not ready, either. Ross is going balistic aat everyone's lack of readiness, he offends his girlfriend Rachel, and she decides not to go after all. But he apologises, and will do anything to get her to change her mind. Including driking the fat drippings from a chicken Monica made earlier. Such a hilarious episode with a sweet outcome! One of my faves!
  • A simple episode, yet one that really stands out

This was such a great episode. Although the storyline is just simply Ross trying to get everyone to get ready and dressed for dinner, the laughs are many and each character's quirks and likeable qualities really shine through. Ross is excited about a benefit dinner at the museum, but the gang is very slow in getting ready and dressed to join him. Monica is upset about a voicemail that she left Richard and her neuroticism and obsessiveness really come through. Chandler and Joey spend their time fighting for a chair, which leads to a hilarious scene where Joey dresses in ALL of Chandler's clothes. This scene had me rolling in laughter. After becoming upset with Rachel for taking so long, Ross explodes at her and belittles her in front of the gang. This causes her to refuse to go which leads to more trouble for Ross as he tries to prove to Rachel that he is sorry. This episode will always be one of my favorites, especially since it opened me to the phrase "Going Commando". Don't know what that is? Watch this episode!!
  • looooooool

You know, if someone asks me "what episode descibes Friends the most?", I surely will say TOW noone's ready. In this episode we see how Monica is obsessed with things, how Joey and Chandler's friendship is..
    The funniest part in this episode is for sure the whole Chandler-and-Joey chair situation!
    Phoebe and Rachel are trying to get ready before "the big vein in Ross' head pops", and Monica is trying to sound "breezy" in a message that she leave on Richard's answer machine, but with a castastrophic but yet hilarious consequence.. I crack up every time.. "could it *BE* any funnier?!?"
  • Classic episode!

This episode is so funny! Everybody's part in it makes me laugh. The funniest part throughout the episode is when Chandler and Joey are fighting over the chair. This eventaully leads to Joey wearing all of Chandler's clothes. Also, Rachel is taking forever to get ready and then Pheobe has to fix her outfit because of Joey and Chandler fighting. Then Monica is obsessing over the message that Richard left which leads to pretty funny things. In the center of it all is Ross, and he is trying to get everyone to hurry up so they can leave museum thing. This is a must watch episode! One of the funniest!
  • "I wrote a song today, it's called GET UP!"-Chandler Bing.

Ross is in a hurry to get everyone dressed for an important banquet at the museum but no one is co-operating. Amazing Joey and Chandler were on top form in this episode absolutly brilliant the episode was full of great jokes that had ne laughing for about ten minutes, every character was great with loads of great lines, but Joey and Chandler stood out with there childish argueing over who was sitting in the chair, Monica was great aswell and Pheobe as usual. No doubt that TOW No ones ready was my favourite episode of season three of the brilliant sitcom called friends.
  • Comando!! Lmaoo ...

What can I say about this episode? I think this episode is my favourite from season three. Its so funny. I can watch this episode over and over again and never get bored of it. This episode always makes me laugh! I love it so much, Its defently in my top ten episodes of the whole show. Chandler and Joey were so funyn together liek always. Ross was great too. He was going to drink the fat, that was so funny. Rachel and monica where always enjoyable to watch, i loved at the end where Rachels says she is comando. That was so funny. Pheobe didn't really do much in this episode but she was still funny. Well all in all an awesome episode!
  • Best Ever

This Series 3 episode of Friends - The One Where No Ones Ready - is one of the best ever episode of Friends! The whole episode revolves round the fact that Ross wants everyone to get ready for a mueseum speech. It's one of those few episodes just in the apartment and with no guest stars (except after the credits). So, whats wrong with everyone?? Rachel can't decide what to wear and then she gets in an arguement with Ross and decides no to go. Joey and Chandler are arguing over cushions and chairs. Phoebe is ready but then joey spills stuff on her. Finlly, Monica hears a message from Richard and starts obssessing.
  • Brilliant episode! A frustrated Ross trying to get everybody ready for an important night at the museum without seeming to get very far with the task as everyone seems to have "more important" worries.

This is one of my favourite episodes of all time. It is in "bottle" format, i.e. the six of them are in the same space throughout the episode and there are no guest stars. This immediately gives actors the chance to create an outstanding ensemble performance.

The storyline takes place over a minimal amount of time compared to the couple of days of a normal storyline. Here it is only just under 30 minutes and it is emphasized by Ross constantly checking the time and counting down minutes.

The multiple storylines in this episode are smaller and more connected than in regular episodes. This is one of the reasons I find this episode so funny: the problems are absolutely minimal and the characters have to start arguing about them just when they are in a hurry, even if they normally get on so well with each other. We can also see how the mood of one person can affect the whole group. Ross seems to be the one who causes all the frustration in the first place. He thinks he is helping but is really making things worse by making everybody angry. It feels nice when you see everybody making up with each other at the end even if you have expected this. Of course the small storylines are brilliant themselves, especially the childish argument about the chair between Chandler and Joey. I think that this episode really highlights the different qualities of the six of them, which is one of the reasons I would especially recommend it to people who are maybe not very familiar with 'Friends' yet. It is a nice lighter episode without any significant effect on the main storyline giving the real familiarity and feel of a sitcom. Absolutely classic.
  • Best Episode!

I could never get sick of watching this episode. It is written so well and i think alot of people can relate to it. I can especially relate to the Ross-Rachel storyline. I find myslef taking forever to get ready to go out and my boyfriend is always telling my how much time i have left and that everything looks fine! The Chandler/Joey story line is halarious! Monica stressing about Richards call and her message is classic and accidently changing his outgoing message was great. I laugh so hard everytime Phoebe walks out with that big christmas decoration on her dress. And the look on Ross and Chandler's face. Classic episode!
  • A bottle episode.

A bottle episode in which they stay in the apartment the whole because of funding. But it worked out amazingly well. Probably like the best of the series. Plus it is a definite classic. Rachel & Ross fighting, Ross was so mean to her. Rachel was just trying to look nice for Ross, and he throws shoes! Phoebe's stain. My favorite plot is Monica's plot. It just keeps getting worst. When a message she doesn't know is new or old, from Richard. And then she sends a very embarrassing message on Richard's phone. The way R&R made up was perfect! Joey going commando! That was hilarious! Over a chair! An amazing bottle episode!
  • But you left the chair areaaa

In my opinion, this is one of the series' all-time best episodes. The action is in the girls' apartment the entire time (except the end, which ties the whole thing together) and it never gets boring. So many things are happening at once...Monica is on the phone and while she starts to leave a message you get a whole story line with Phoebe and the hummus...plus the classic "Joey-being-Chandler" line, "could i BE wearing any more clothes??" The episode is neatly wrapped up at the end when the man at Ross's benefit dinner argues with Chandler over sitting in the chair to which chandler replies, "alright, gimme your underwear."

Classic. No other words apply.
  • Ross is in a hurry to get everyone dressed for a banquet, but no one is co-operating.Rachel can't decide what to wear, chandler and joey fight over a chair, Monica's desperate to delete a message she sent to Richard and phoebe has a stain on her dress.

From this episode you could really tell how caught up Monica was on Richard when she tried to send him a message but when getting into his answering phone she realizes it isn't breezy and tries to delete it.
    My personal guess is that the writers couldn't think of a reason why phoebe would be late so they made the bickering boys, chandler and joey, spill humus on her dress.So she uses a large Christmas bow thing which is expected of her character.
    Also like her character was Rachel not being able to decide what to wear and after Ross shouts at her she puts on her 'sweats' and decides not to go.
    After chandler goes to the toilet, joey steals his chair, causing them to steal parts of the chair, hide each others underwear and wear all their clothes!
    It was a bottle-episode, with only one room, no guest stars and sort of like an episode of 24, with time running out.
  • Classic

This episode is one of my all time favrouties !
    The lines that they gave these charaters were excellent and the whole dare thing to drink chicken fat was just out of nowhere but funny. I think that poor old Ross was really tring to help out but ending up making things worse by being too nagy. Some of the best quotes came from that episode such as
    Chandler - "What are you going to do show me my clothes?!"
    Joey - "Oposite!"
    Little while later....
    Joey (wearing all of Chandler's clothes) - "Look at me I'm Chandler.. Could I be wearing any more clothes?"

Classic episode definate 10/10 from me.
  • One of the best episodes!

This is a very funny epsiode that nothing much happened. They are all staying in getting ready to go to a reception where Ross is giving speach. Rachel and Ross are fighting because Rachel is very slow while dressing up. Monica leaves embarassing messages to Richard and talks to his daughter. Phoebe is as funny and weird as ever. Joey and Chandler are fighting for the chair.
    Funniest story: Monica leaving messages to Richard and nervous as ever. She is so hilarious when she is nervous and even messes the things worse than they were.
    Funniest moment: Joey with all Chandler's clothes on.
    Funniest friend: Monica