Friends

The One Where No One's Ready

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 26, 1996 on NBC

• Hilarious!

"The One Where No One's Ready" is absolutely one of my favorite epsiodes. It's filmed in real-time as an homage to Seinfeld, and takes place solely in Rachel and Monica's apartment. Everyone is supposed to be attending a banquet at the museum where Ross is giving a speech, and they have exactly 26 minutes to get ready. Joey and Chandler get into an argument over an armchair, which escalates and results in one of my favorite lines from Friends: "Look at me, I'm Chandler. Could I be wearing any more clothes?". Monica is in mourning over her break-up with Richard and freaks out when she hears a message from him on the answering machine: she doesn't know if it's old or new. During Chandler and Joey's fight they get hummus on Phoebe's dress (she was the only one who was ready to go), so she has to find something else to wear. Rachel can't decide what to wear and keeps emerging from her room, still not dressed, asking everyone what they think of different outfits. Meanwhile, Ross is becoming increasingly agitated with the group and is just trying to get everyone out the door and into a taxi. Definitely a classic.