Friends

The One Where Old Yeller Dies

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 04, 1996 on NBC

• Friends

Phoebe's world view is shattered when she learns how "Old Yeller" really ends. Monica becomes jealous when Richard begins going out with other people, namely Joey and Chandler. And Rachel becomes upset when she learns that Ross has planned their whole life together. Phoebes reaction to the movie was very very funny and she was great through out the episode. Joey and Chandler copying Richard was hilarous and them comparing them to there fathers was funny. But this wasnt the best episode of the season so I will give it a 8.5 out a possible 10, still it was decent and funny
  • Ross plans the next 20 years.

This episode was really great. The title comes from Phoebe missing out on all sad endings in movies cause her mom blocked it out. And she finally sees Old Yeller die! My favorite plot was Ross & Rachel. Ross plans the next 20 years. "I read a book, and found a good baby name, Emily." -Ross "Really, what book was this?" -Rachel "The Big Book of Children Names" - Ross. That was hilarious! And the first "I love you" which was so sweet. I love how R&R make up. Richard is one of the guys! Er.. maybe not. He is a father figure? I love how they incorporate Richard. He's a great character! A really good episode.
  • "Alright, for the bizillionth time, yes I see other women in shower at the gym, and no I don't look."

Phoebe finds out that her mother did not show her the end to certain movies for it might upset her. However her mother killed herself later in life. Monica gives Phoebe the moive it's a wonderful life. She tells her that you can't go wrong, happyness is written right in the title. But she ends up not watching it all because it was too depressing. Joey and CHandler starting having richard hang out with him becasue they think of him like a dad. When Richard find out it makes him fell old. He thought he was just one of the guys.
  • so much better without eddie

Phoebe's world view is shattered when she learns how "Old Yeller" really ends and then learns the same thing with many other sad movies and turns out her mum used to turn the tv off before the end wehen they were younger. Monica becomes jealous when Richard begins going out with other people, namely Joey and Chandler and spends more time with them than her. And Rachel becomes upset when she learns that Ross has planned their whole life together.
  • A good friends episode. may contain SPOILERS

I think this isn't one of the best friends episodes. Yet I cannot pull something lower than 8.8 because it's still pretty great referred to other shows than friends. The comedy is fine, well done. I love Richard's role into the show as the "cool and smart" guy and he is rewarded by having a good storyline with Joey and Chandler that kinda suck him away from Monica before he relizes they think of him as a "dad". Lots of laughing there. Phoebe story is nice too, good action by Lisa Kudrow in this episode. Then we finally see Ross and Rachel's relationship growing deeper since they say, for the first time, "I love you" to each other.
  • Great episode, especially after Eddie!

So glad Eddie's gone. Hilarious'ly Phoebe oriented episode.