Friends

The One Where Rachel Finds Out

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 18, 1995 on NBC

• Where Rachel Finds Out

Chandler accidentally lets it slip out that Ross is in love with Rachel.
    Rachel rushes to pick Ross up from the airport to tell him how she feels (Ross had gone to China), but Ross is getting off the plane with Julie.
    This episode is good, they almost hook up, and then it doesn't happen!
  • Rachel finally realizes how much Ross cares for her...but only when he has already left for an archeological trip to China.

This is the episode to finally 'start' all the true romance story lines between Ross and Rachel. True, before this episode there were many episodes that centered on Ross' affection and love for Rachel. But not until this episode, when Chandler accidently tells Rachel how Ross feels, that "it" begins. She soon looks at Ross differently. He is no longer just a friend or just the brother of her best friend. He is a man that she is in love with. A man who loves her as much as she loves him. She rushes to the airport to greet him as he returns back from his visit to China, excited to tell him about her feelings. Only she has no idea the surprise that is in store for her when he arrives.
  • Why do they always have to have perfect, suspenseful season finales?

I loved this show. The way Chandler reacted when he realized he let the big secret slip was fantastic, and I'm sure everyone watching was just waiting for Rachel to realize not only that he loved her, but that she loved him. My favorite part was when Rachel was thinking about Ross, and then he kissed her. Plus, I love the writers for always thinking of something to say that means nothing at all (electric car)! I personally hate endings where you have to wait to find out the answer, but it was really well played. Great ending to a great season!
  • Actual Season Finale

Joey's new girlfriend wants to go to bed with him but he can't yet. He's participating in a fertility study. During Rachel's birthday party, Chandler accidentally lets it slip that Ross is in love with her. However, Ross is on his way to China to identify a bone for the museum. Monica is excited about becoming friends-in-law with her roommate but gets defensive when Rachel can't decide about whether she wants to be more than friends with Ross. But when she finally makes up her mind, it may be too late. Returning from China, with Rachel waiting at the gate, Ross is with another woman with whom he is obviously involved.

Trivia: The reason why this episode may not seem like a proper final episode compared to its previous one is because originally this episode was not going to exist seperatly.

It was at first going to be a joint episode with the birth and the relevation, but as the season presented itself, it seemed more realistic to seperate the two events from eachother - But still close together.
  • A good and funny season finally.

7.9
    I really liked this episode. It had a lot of good comedy, and even though I'm not a fan of Ross and Rachel I thought it was a good storyline for them with a good cliffhanger in the end. It had realism and some logic reactions from Rachel, rather than the kind of "now I know so I love him automatically" thing you sometimes see on sit-coms.

Joey and Chandler's short little number as cave men was really hilarious and one of my favorite moments of the season.

Joey and his "experiences" with his date in this episode cracked me up a lot too. Especially when she sends Joey tons of fruit baskets and Chandler sarcastically asks if they have any fruit at home. The thing I found the funniest about the storyline though was Joey finding so many perks about his new ways, yet still deciding to go back to his old ways by the end of the episode. That felt very true to his character.

Aside from the finally of season six, I think this one is my finally favorite.

• Chandler spills the beans

Joey participates in a fertility study, so he tries to be there his new girlfriend Melanie, The gang has a party for Rachel;s birthday, and everyone's there except for Ross, who's in China on a fossil dig. Ross leaves his present, a beautiful brooch, that Rachel mentioned she liked a long time ago. As they're admiring the pin, Chandler mentions how when Ross fell in love with Carol, he bought her a ridiciously expensive crystal duck, and Rachel finds out about her crush who everyone else has known about almost all season. Phoebe and Monica convince Rachel to go for it with Ross but she misses him at the airport. Then when she goes to pick him up, we see Ross and his new girlfriend Julie getting off the plane, and Rachel outside waiting for Ross with flowers, not knowing he's with someone.
  • Funny and a shocking series finale of "Friends".

The first series finale of the show "Friends" ends wth a sudden and shocking cliffhanger where Rachel finally finds out about Ross's crush on her after Chandler spills the beans. But as Rachel plans on going to the airport to meet Ross from his small visit to China, he turns out to be coming to New York city...with a woman.
    This series finale is actually pretty funny, hilarious, shocking ending and a series classic. Loved it!!

8.6 is my rating. I think it's pretty good.
  • Suspence

• Rachel finally gets it!

After a stellar first season, Rachel finally figures out what is going on. I loved how Chandler was the one to spill the beans. He is so socially awkward sometimes and I love when he gets talking and stuff just comes out. How adorable! Rachel running to the airport at the end is so great, but seeing Ross with Julie in the end is heartbreaking. The suspense left at the end of the episode only makes all the viewers' anticipation for season 2 that much greater. A fabulous ensemble comedy with a great first season finale.
  • ...

A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant!
  • "Wow, ooh, you're gonna be making money hand over fist!"

Joey is participating in a fertility study so he can't sleep with his new girlfriend. SO he learns how to please her.

During Rachel's birthday party, Chandler accidentally lets it slip that Ross is in love with her. However, Ross is on his way to China to identify a bone for the museum. Monica is excited about the possiblity of Rachel and Ross getting together but Rachel can't decide about whether she wants to be more than friends with Ross. But when she finally makes up her mind, it may be too late. Returning from China, with Rachel waiting at the gate, Ross is with another woman with whom he is obviously involved.
  • The start of great love

In this episode, a great love begins (Ross and Rachel). Ross goes to China for 'some big bone thing'. when he goes, the gang have a birthday party for rachel (the second this series) and Chandler accidentally lets it slip that Ross is in love with Rachel. When she's to talking to Monica lter, she decides that she loves him too and goes to the airport to tell him... unfortunately Ross has met someone in China called Julie and he's now taken. There are some good oines, including - Chandler: Men are here!
    Joey: We make fire! Cook meat!
    Chandler: Then put out fire by peeing, no get invited back!
  • What a FANTASTIC way to end the season.

At Central Perk, the gang is there. Ross shows baby pictures to the group.
    Rachel grabs the pictures & just wants to kiss him all over. Ross is basically drooling over her at this point. Chandler makes a "pfft" noise at Ross' fawning over Rachel.

Chandler walks over to Joey, who is looking at his check. Joey is in need of some money & asks to borrow some from Chandler. Chandler wants to know where his money is going. Joey tells him he is participating in a research program at NYU Med School. Ross overhears and wants to know what kind of research. Joey tells the group it's a fertility study. The group makes fun of his "contributions." But he gets $700 in 2 weeks for his time. Monica & Phoebe are preparing for a barbecue for Rachel's birthday. Joey & Chandler enter the apartment with charcoal.
    Phoebe asks Joey how is his relationship with Melanie going. Joey says it's tough because she wants to have sex but he can't for another week, until he is finished with the program.
  • Rachel finds out.

A start of a very dysfunctional on & off relationship. Well sort of. See what I mean by dysfunctional? Ross gets off a plane with another woman wight when Rachel is about to declare her love for him. I l;love the fantasy scene with Ross standing there in Rachel's mind, telling her she should be with him while she is talking to Carl. I love how Monica gets upset and Ross & Rachel aren't even dating yet. The plot that brought the rating down, was Joey's plot. It should of all been about Ross & Rachel. Not a filler to mess up a perfect finale. That's just my opinion. Can't wait to see what happens next!
  • One of my favourite seasons of the show.

Joey's new girlfriend wants to go to bed with him, but Joey's participation in a fertility study is preventing this. During Rachel's birthday party, Chandler accidentally lets it slip that Ross is in love with her. Ah great season finale of the show, friends never dissapointed with its last of the season episodes I loved them all it is rare this happens nly this and lost I can think of that are good all the way through. The season was awesome one of my favourites it is very diiferenbt to the other seasons and it is always great to revisit the season and see how it all started.
  • Ross leaves for China for a week. Rachel opens her very expensive gift from him and is shocked and Chandler accidently tells her that Ross loves her. She doesent know if she feels the same way untill she decides to pick him up at the airport.

I really loved this episode. In my oppinion it was one of the defineing moments in their relationship. This is the first time it was brought to Rachels attention and she had to decide if she felt the same way about him. The moment when she decides that she does want to take that step was awsome but it feels like your heart is breaking with her when Ross steps out of the terminal with Julie. I have always been a fan of the Ross and Rachel relationship and I am one of the few who liked it better when they were together. I loved the way they brought the fact that Ross was in love with her to Rachel's attention. In my oppinion this was one of the best episodes of this show.
  • Awesome.

Ross has to go to China for a fossil dig before Rachel's birthday. Chandler tells Ross to find another girl and get over Rachel. Ross gives his present for Rachel to Chandler and goes. Joey's new girlfriend wants to go to bed with him, but Joey's participation in a fertility study is preventing this. During Rachel's birthday party, Chandler accidentally lets it slip that Ross is in love with her, and a big decision presents itself. Rachel finds out about Ross's secret love for her - so funny how she finds out, thanks to god old Chandler. But yet another surpise awaits her - which is an awesome way to end the first season!