Friends

The One Where Rachel Has a Baby (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 16, 2002 on NBC

• Season eight finale.

The cliffhanger of this episode seemed way too forced. I felt like the writers forgot a cliffhanger, and just thought one up at the spot to end the season. Not the best of cliffhangers, considering not much could happen. It's obvious that not much is going to happen between Joey & Rachel regarding marriage. So why have a cliffhanger like this? It was forced because oh so conveniently Joey was on his knee when he found Ross' ring. The fact that Rachel actually listened to what Janice said was ridiculous and out of character, the fact that Rachel said yes to Joey's "proposal" was strange as well. So like I said, it felt forced because the characters were pushed to make out of character decisions for shock value.

Phoebe messes things up with a guy. What else is new? But she manages to fix it which could lead to future romance possibilities for next season for Phoebe. Monica & Chandler trying to have a baby, this is the best. Reminded me of the glory days of Monica & Chandler. When I didn't want to rip my hair out every time they had a plot together. That was the case this season, but their plot in this episode was flawless, so maybe next season is better. So what does the future hold? We'll have to wait till the ninth season. Great episode, with a forced cliffhanger.