Friends

The One Where Rachel Is Late

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 09, 2002 on NBC

The episode before the one hour season finale, a strong episode indeed. Jennifer Aniston has been great lately, and she did great in this episode too. She played a different character: A way more crankier Rachel. All of her lines were great and hilarious. Rachel is late, and that's why she's so moody since she wants to have the baby already.

Monica & Phoebe bid on when the baby will arrive, and Monica keeps on losing. Lately, the exaggerations of the characters haven't been too high, and this episode was acceptable, because Monica's quality of not liking too lose was definitely not exaggerated. Now for the weak spot of this episode. Hey, remember that movie that Joey filmed in the S7 finale, it's out, and Chandler falls asleep while watching it. Just a basic plot about their friendship, yada yada. Nothing special. What probably did keep fans on their toes was Rachel water breaking after a heated kiss between her & Ross. A great episode overall, and set us in right in to the finale.
  • Rachel turns evil!!

'We should probably ask the doctor how to deliver a baby that's half-human half-PURE EVIL' This episode was so funny. Rachel had the best lines. She turns from being happy about being pregnant to wanting Emma to get the hell out. Ross refuses to sleep with her after the doctor recommends sex as the best way to speed up the arrival until the very end. Meanwhile, with the release of Joey's movie approaching, he must decide which friend to invite to the premiere. Unfortunately, his pick, Chandler, falls asleep during it and Monica and Phoebe bet on when the baby will be born as Rachel's due date comes and goes.
  • Rachel's water breaks.

Great episode! Rachel is late and is turning evil. She just wanted to have this baby and do anything to get rid of it including having sex with Ross. That was so funny at the end when they were kissing and making out and the Rachel's water breaks. I can't believe Chandler feel alsleep during Joey's movie. Phoebe and Monica bet on when the baby will be born and Phoebe keeps winning. Monica was trying to get more money but Phoebe knew. Haha.
  • good

With the release of Joey's movie approaching, he must decide which friend to invite to the premiere. Unfortunately, his pick is, Chandler to pay for everything that he has done for him over the last years but he falls asleep during it promting joey to pay chandler back for everythign untill hesees the price. Monica and Phoebe bet on when the baby will be born as Rachel's due date comes and goes. The doctor tells Ross and Rachel that sex may help speed things along. Just as they start to do it, Rachel's water breaks leaving us at a crucial cliffhanger.
  • Rachel is late and desperate to have the baby. She'll try anything--even sleeping with Ross.

This is one of my favorite episodes. The dialogue between Ross and Rachel is so hilarious. We all knew that Rachel had the capacity to be a b!tch, but she really has fun with this episode. My favorite line is when Ross tells Rachel, "We should ask the doctor if she even knows how to deliver a baby that's half human, half PURE EVIL!" It cracks me up.

Plus, I think every Friends fan was excited for the Ross-and-Rachel moment that happens at the very end of the episode. With Rachel going into labor, we were all hoping for Ross and Rachel to get back together.
  • An irritated Rachel awaits the arrival of her baby girl.

With the release of Joey's movie approaching, he must decide which friend to invite to the premiere. Unfortunately, his pick, Chandler, falls asleep during it. Monica and Phoebe bet on when the baby will be born as Rachel's due date comes and goes. The doctor tells Ross and Rachel that sex may help speed things along. Just as they start to do it, Rachel's water breaks.

In this episode, there are some hilarious scenes between Aniston and Schwimmer.