Friends

The One Where Rachel Quits

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 12, 1996 on NBC

• Not the most memorable Christmas episode, but funny anyways.

This episode has two good storylines and one bad.

The first good one is Rachel's, where she quits her waitressing job and goes out to get herself a career in fashion. Gunther's reactions to the happenings in the episode were hilarious, Chandler and Joey's comments were very funny too and Rachel's different moods were very entertaining.

The second good one is Phoebe's, with the Christmas trees. I love how Joey manages to make her believe in the fun of Christmas trees, and then steps up to save the old trees to make Phoebe happy. I also love how it is Monica who helps him and who allows her apartment to be the new home for the trees. That must be quite the nightmare for her to have all those dead trees there, but she does it for Phoebe and that's what I've always loved about Monica. As obsessive as she can be with her quirks she can still set it aside when it means helping out someone she cares for.

The bad one was Ross' about the girl and the cookies. It's one of the first time when we see Ross regress into childhood and I've never liked that about his character. I liked him better when he was the mature voice of reason.