Friends

The One Where Ross Can't Flirt

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 22, 1999 on NBC

• LOOOOOL

Ah ah ah.. I can't stop laughing.. seriously.. When Ross is flirting with the pizza delivery girl it cracks me up!!
    First he said that he "happened to lake 8-year-old boy" and then he started talking to her about gas smell.. OMG!! I think this is one of the best episode ever.. even thoug there isn't very much going on there.
    I must say I was really surprised by Chandler-good-at-flirting.. I think that all the episode where the guys are all at Monica's or at Joey's are pretty good (like TOW noone's ready..).
    And I also laugh a looooot evry time I see Chandler singing "Space Oddity".. A very well-done-episode!!!
  • the last five minutes were deffinately the best

i have got to tell you that the last like 5 mins or so i just cracked up - i could not stop laughing oh where do i start joeys video that he made so his nonna didn't know that he wasn't in law and order was so hilarious and chandler singing that david bowie song after it and phoebe thinking that joey's video was the real thing i was on the floor laughing and when phoebe said she lost mon's earings she was all ok about it than when rach admitted it was actually her and mon full went like all mean and when monica put in different earings and chandler didn't know because he didn't chose them and probably never even looked at them so it was a win win situation oh and of course ross' flirting
  • I love the episodes with all Friends together. This is no exception.

The Friends all gather in Monica and Rachel's apartment to watch Joey on "Law and Order" before Monica and Chandler go out on their 10 month anniversary dinner. Joey's grandmother visits, and things get troublesome when Joey realises he's been cut out of the show.

There were a lot of great scenes in this episode. I loved the bit where the Friends keep happy faces even though talking about how Joey's grandmother would be devastated if she found out Joey had been cut out. Especially Chandler's comment that "if we keep talking this way, aren't we gonna freak her out soon?"

I also really liked Chandler and Monica's discussions about flirting and whether or not it is okay. Especially Chandler's explination for why it's okay for him to flirt but not for her.

All in all I think the Friends played off each other very well in this episode. All six of them worked seamlessly together blending in to each other's storylines. The only weak part was Ross's embarassing flirting and Rachel's far from believable little helpful push towards the end.
  • Ross' flirting is hilarious

This episode is brilliant... and all because of Ross.

The 'cute pizza delivery girl' (Caitlin) comes round to drop off pizza, and Ross decides that he wants to flirt with her, so orders more pizza... but lets just say that his flirting skills leave a lot to be desired (but are very funny...)

Caitlin: One, uh, vegetarian pizza. That's $12.15.
    Ross: Oh. Uh, by the way, if it makes it feel any better, I happen to like 8-year-old boys.
    Caitlin: What?
    Ross: No, I mean, uh, uh... no, no... the, uh, your hair. Before--your hair. You said you thought that your hair looked like an 8-year-old's, and I'm... I'm just saying I like it. The hair.
    Caitlin: Oh. Thanks.
    Ross: You understand I don't actually like 8-year-old boys.
    Caitlin: Y'know, all I'm looking for is the money.
  • ...

A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end.
  • A bottle episode!

I think this is the second bottle episode of Friends. Reminded me of the season two episode, "The One Where No One Is Ready" They practically stay in the apartment for the whole episode. I like how Ross really freaks out that Pizza girl by talking about gas. It was so nice of Rachel to get the pizza girl to go on a date with Ross. Whatever happened to that girl from Ross' apartment? That's what I would like to know. Joey hiding the fact that he wasn't on Law & Order was hilarious. His Nonnie was funny too, so a great bottle epsiode.
  • "If this is the way all the Gellers flirt, we don't have a problem." - Chandler

This was a hilarious episode and the title pretty much says it all.
    Chandler is getting ready for his 10 month anniversary with Monica. But first the're all gonna watch an episode of Law & Order that Joey got a very small role in. So of course they order pizza. Chandler flirts a little bit with the pizza delivery girl Caitlin which makes Ross very mad because he would like to become Mr. Pizza Delivery Girl. So he orders another pizza and flirts with her. For all the guys out there if you like a girl, talking to her about gas isn't the best way to win her over.
    Chandler and Monica have a conversation about flirting when he tells her that some things aren't the same for men and women.
    Joey gets cut from Law & Order but finds a way to make his grandmother think he was still in it.
    Rachel loses Monica's earrings so she gets yelled at.
    These where all funny storylines but the Ross flirting was without a doubt the best part of this episode.
  • Joey lands a role in Law and Order. Ross trys to flirt with the pizza girl but can't.

I love this episode. Chandler flirts with the pizza girl but Ross is just jealous because he couldn't! Its already a year since Chandler and Monica started dating! I thought it was too early. I watched this with my cousin and we laughed like a lot seem it was so funny with the Italian speaking girl who falled for the Joey in his apartment video! And WTF!!! Chandler! Oh My God that was funny! I want to see more of Phoebe and Gary because they are so funny together. Rachel gets the pizza girl to give Ross her phone number.