Friends

The One Where Ross Finds Out

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 1995 on NBC

• Rachel is jealous of Ross. Joey helps Phoebe with a problem she's having with her boyfriend. Monica helps Chandler to lose weight.

Rachel finds out that Ross and Julie are getting a cat. She sees this as a big step in ther relationship, and she gets jealous. She goes on a date with another guy, and gets drunk because of how she feels. She calls Ross, gets his machine, and tells him that she is over him. He hears the message, and they end up getting into a huge fight. After the fight Ross feels bad, and comes back to Rachel, and they kiss. This is the best episode in the history of thw show. It was flawless in every single way possible.
  • Awesome.

A drunken Rachel is persuaded to call Ross and reveals her feelings for him on his answering machine. When he finds out, he must make the choice between her and Julie. Meanwhile, Monica finds work as Chandler's personal trainer and Phoebe has a hard time trying to get her boyfriend to have sex with her. Ross and Rachel argue, Ross says that he is with Julie and it's too late for a relationship between them. At the end of the episode, Ross and Rachel have their Emmy Award winning kiss. One of my favourite episodes of this season and maybe of all time. I love the way Monica is trying to get Chandler fit - so funny. I love Rachel and the fact that she gets drunk and rings Ross to tell him that she is over him, then the next morning Ross finds the message and finds out that Rachel fancys him - my favourite moment of Friends I think is when Rachel is on Ross's back. I love the ending - ahhh how I love Ross and Rachel.
  • A great episode

A drunken Rachel is persuaded to call Ross and reveals her feelings for him on his answering machine. And when he finds out, he must make the choice between her and Julie. Meanwhile, Monica finds work as Chandler's personal trainer and Phoebe has a hard time trying to get her boyfriend to have sex with her. Ross and Rachel argue, Ross says that he is with Julie and it's too late for them with Rachel. Later he comes back and they kiss. Brilliant episode my second favourite of season two, Chandler and Monica were great in this when they fight outside the coffee house was the best.
  • Probably the best of the season.

This episode was fantastic. Probably since finally Ross & Rachel finally reveal all their feelings for each other. I like drunk Rachel. She was funny. It was kind of sad how Ross just told her off about Julie. Of course I felt bad for Julie. But Ross & Rachel are meant to be in my opinion. I wish at least they could of got the cat. Phoebe's storyline was funny. She was sort of dumb on the that part. I love the Monica & Chandler plot! Them exercising. And Chandler is not fat. He is like a stick already. The end with Monica was kind of sad for her but funny for us!
  • superb!!!!!!

tow ross find out is the best one in second season the reaction of ross is amazing its great and chandlar what a great comedian the way he act is very excellent and monica is generous to help others and in this episode joey doesnot go out with somebody that is not obvious. phoebe is very cool no matter what happens everyone were great . there should be more series continued to season 10 . it is the best show ever . Can any one tell me when ross and rachel kissed then which music(guitar) was played in the background?
  • I can sum it up with, "You're over me? Well you're er...You're You're over me? When were you, when were you under...me?"

In remembering classic episodes of Friends, this will forever be one that sticks out. Coutless times I have found myself and some of my friends quoting the line, "And that my friend is what they call closure." Here you can clearly see just how in love Ross is with Rachel and never thought she'd reciprocate the feelings; when he finds out he is dumbfounded. It is so warm yet funny how Rachel jumps on the table to the couch and then leaps on Ross' back. From the "Throw her through the damn thing" to the "I don't need your stupid ship" to the poignant kiss at the end, this is a classic episode that will always be remembered as one of the sweetest ever where you were left feeling all fuzzy inside and dying for the next episode!
  • "When I first met you, know what I said to Chandler? I said, "Excellent butt, great rack."- Joey.

• I love Ross and Rachel

When I saw this episode I'm so exciting for Ross find out Rachel love him too.
    When he picks up the machine, I can't respire.
    But why Ross turn back with Julie together? It just 2 weeks, how dose 2 weeks compare with 10 years? Ross is a man like normal, he didn't know how to choose, we can't accept threesome!as pheebe's song:"he must decide".
    Chander was given a so bad idea"right each their cons on the computer".and it just was seen by rachel when ross telling her he was break up with julie
    But I belive they will together!
    I love Ross and Rachel!
  • one of the best episode ever!

i think that this episode is one of the best episode ever..
    even though is in TOW the prom video episode that finally Ross and Rachel became a couple, this is a very emotional episode with several emoltional moments. the first real kiss between Ross and Rachel is absolutely perfect.. they couldn't have made it more romantic, because it is perfect the way it is, with the falling rain, the look in their eyes.. wow..!
    after 2 and a half season finally the writers gave us what we wanted to see.. another of my favourite scenes in this episode is when rachel in the morning realized that she had told ross about her feelings and she actually jumped on him to get the phone.. absolutely hilarious!!
  • "You're over me? When were you under me?"

This is a great episode because you thing that FINALLY Ross and Rachel are goin to get together. Rachel gets drunk on a blind date and calls Ross's answering machine and tells him that she's got closer and that she's over him. Meanwhile Ross and Julie are trying to move forward with their relationship and they are supposed to be getting a cat together. When Ross finds out about Rachel liking him all this time Ross is shocked and doesn't know what to do. When he confronts her about it later they end up kissing at the end of the episode
  • IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR CAT!!!

After rachel finds out that ross and julie are getting a cat toghter she doesnt know what to do she is in love which ross but he is moving on fast with julie so when she gets drunk on her date out that night she discusses it with her date Michael and he persuades her she needs closuer and without really knowing what she is doing tells ross her true feelings over the answer phone. And when he finds out, he must make the choice between her and Julie. Meanwhile, Monica finds work as Chandler's personal trainer but chandler quits after she makes him work too hard and Phoebe has a hard time trying to get her boyfriend to have sex with her.
  • And that, my friend, is what they call closure.

One of the most sweet episodes that ever made for FRIENDS.

Not just it's the episode where Rachel finally tried to tell Ross how that she's like him,but when she find out how much he's so exciting about his relation with Julie she got jealous and date another one, and some funny stuff come out.. end by breaking up with him on phone,even without being together yet..

It's also not just how did Ross react.. how confused he got. and how everything end at this episode.

It's also got one of the funniest story lines that have been between Monica and Chandler -Before they get together ofcourse- ..

After all it's one great funny ,romantic episode you'd ever see for the six F.R.I.E.N.D.S

• This is one of the best of the series

It was interesting to read a while back that the kiss between Ross and Rachel in this episode was voted the Best Kiss of All Time on TV, although I forget who ran the survey. It really is such a great moment, especially when Rachel slowly opens the door to let Ross in and then BAM, the kiss hits. It really makes you want to cheer for them!

Another great moment was when Rachel tells Ross to "hang up the phone" while she jumps on his back. That moment when he realizes her feelings for him is so classic!!

It was also interesting to see that the portion with Ross and Julie looking at cats was edited out from the televised version.
  • It's all About To Come Out!

Just what is going to happen now? Ross Knows and so does Rachel.

Ross is with Julie, but Rachel loves Ross?
  • contains the funniest friends line ever when Ross finds out chandler told Rachel Ross loved her....\'Chandler? When did he when did he when did he?\'

Ross: \"okay, i need to lie down, no you know what i think i\'ll stand, i\'m standing, i\'m walking and i am standing\"
    The end scene is pure GENIUS, romance for those who are pining for Ross and Rach, suspense for a perfect cliff-hanger.
    Isn\'t that a kiss we all wish we could have? you know the rain, the dark the music, the plane of glass seperating them.....and what about JULIE?
    BRILLIANT
  • Ross finds out that Rachel has feelings for him and Monica tries to remake Chandler

OMG, so funny. When Ross gets the message from Rachel is the best sequence of the episode.
    "you're over me? when were you under me?" and then when he finds out Chandler told Rahcel... "when did he when did he when did he?"
    So good and the kiss at the end of the episode was so great it was something Friends fans were waiting for!
  • I love this episode. It's hillarious. One of the best from the 2nd season.

I really enjoyed this episode. Monica sets Rachel up with a friend, but earlier that day Ross goes to get a cat with his new girlfriend. It's all Rachel can think about, so during her date she gets drunk and can only talk about Ross. Finally, the guy she's with says that she needs closure. She decides that this means telling Ross that she's over him. She gets some random persons phone and calls him and tells him everything. Meanwhile, after finding out that everyone thinks that he's gained weight, Chandler is stuck with Monica as a trainer. After 3 painful days with the overly cheery Monica he's about to explode. At the same time Pheobe doesn't understand why her new boyfriend won't sleep with her. After Ross hear's Rachel's message on his machine he freaks out and can't pick a cat. Chandler makes Monica depressed after talking about how sad it is that she lost her job and gets out of exercising. Pheobe finally sleeps with her new boyfriend after telling him that he never has to call her. Ross yells at Rachel because he couldn't get a cat because he was soo confused. And then after a huge fight they kiss. A great episode, hilarious like all Friends episodes, dramatic, and with a great Ross/Rachel scene.
  • I love this episode it is one of my favorites!

This episode is great is hilarious, but still makes you go on the edge of your seat during the last episode with Ross and Rachel. I love this episode because I LOVED the Rachel and Ross plot and this episode has a lot to do with their relationship. I LOVE the last scene.
  • Ross Finds Out

One of the best episodes. Ross and Rachel get together. Ross finally finds out that Rachel feels the same way about him, as he has for her since 9th grade. The problem is, he is already dating Julie.
    The last scene is the best, they fight, but then Ross comes back and they kiss.

ROSS: The point is I... I don't need this right now, OK. It, it's too late, I'm with somebody else, I'm happy. This ship has sailed.

RACH: Yeah, what're you saying, you just sort of put away feelings or whatever the hell it was you felt for me?

ROSS: Hey, I've been doin' it since the ninth grade, I've gotten pretty damn good at it.

RACH: Alright, fine, you go ahead and you do that, alright Ross.

ROSS: Fine.

RACH: 'Cause I don't need your stupid ship.

ROSS: Good.

RACH: Good. [Ross leaves]

[Rachel gets up and opens the door, yelling after him.]

RACH: And ya know what, now I've got closure.
  • Funniest. Episode. Ever.

This was the greatest episode of Friends made. It was pure comedy right the way through. Chandler getting pushed over by Monica, Rachel in the resturant and the whole scene with Ross and Rachel just had me in peices. Brilliant episode right the way through. Excellent magic from Friends!
    Some good quotes from Ross:
    ROSS: When did he, when did he, when did he?
    ROSS: You're over me? When were you under me?
    ROSS: (In funny voice)- I'll be right down!