Friends

The One Where Ross Is Fine

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 02, 2003 on NBC

• Ross copes with Joey and Rachel dating, which has hilarious results. Frank wants Phoebe to take one of the triplets, which results in a really sweet moment. Monica and Chandler seek advice from a couple who've adopted before.

The great thing about Monica and Chandler's story line in this episode is that both of them are so true to their characters. Chandler makes inappropriate jokes with the couple, then accidentally does something stupid. Monica is hilarious with the hand-washing and the obsessiveness.

Phoebe and Frank's story is small, but results in some cute and sweet moments between them as brother and sister. And this is one of the times I found Frank's character written less obnoxious.

The Ross/Rachel/Joey triangle is a lot less weird for me this time around in watching it. I didn't like it at all when the show first aired, but watching the DVDs now has made the story feel less forced.

Ross is so funny as a drunk, and the scene with Joey and Ross at the end is really sweet - it felt like Friend's writing at it's best.