Friends

The One Where They're Up All Night

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 11, 2001 on NBC

• I'm actually surprised the rating for this episode is only 8.8. I would have thought it deserved above a 9.

This episode produced a classic moment as well as some of the funniest Phoebe scenes I could think of. The classic moment is of course Ross and Joey trying to get down the fire-escape. When I think of Joey and Ross...this scene is one of the first thing that comes to mine...closely followed by when they were nap partners. I mean, how classic is "When we said face-to-face, I don't think we thought about it all the way through."

The funniest Phoebe scenes is dealing with her smoke detector. Just recently, the smoke detector in my house had similar problems so I can relate to this storyline even more. God I love all the ways of her dealing with the problems. and then when the fireman brought back the firealarm that she thew in the trash. "Phoebe?"...."Fire alarm?"....Too hilarious.

Rachel and Tag disproving each other about the note was fun and so was Chandler and Monica's bedroom problems, but of course they pale in comparison when you compare the other two storylines.

So overall, one of my favorite episodes of the season.