Friends

The One Where Underdog Gets Away

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 1994 on NBC

• Great.

This is a really special episode of Friends, because, it's the first Thanksgiving episode. No one planned this Thanksgiving dinner with all the gang, or the dinner that eventually happens, but, it turns out they are all together anyway. Monica and Ross are supposed to be going down the traditional route and going to their parents house for Thanksgiving dinner, but they find out that their parents are going to Puerto Rico. Monica decides she will make her own Thanksgiving dinner, and invites Phoebe and Ross. Joey is supposed to be going to his family, but after a photo shot, they all think he has VD. Chandler doesn't participate in Thanksgiving, so he has no plans. Finally, Rachel wants to go skiing with her famil in Veil, but can't afford the ticket. They all end up at Monica's, but, when they go outside to see the underdog, the thanksgiving dinner gets burnt and Rachel's ticket is inside the apartment. In the end, the all make up and have their first thanks givng dinner together. I loved these lines - Chandler: Alright I'd like to propose a toast, a little toast here. Ding, ding! I know this isn't exactly the kind of Thanksgiving that all of you planned, but for me, this has been really great. You know, I think because it didn't involve divorce or projectile vomiting. Anyway I was just thinking, I mean, if you had gone to Vail or if you guys had been with your family or if you didn't have syphilis and stuff ... we wouldn't be all together you know, so I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm very thankful that all your Thanksgivings sucked.

Chandler: (To Joey) And this from the cry-for-help department. Are you wearing makeup?
    Joey: Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model.
    Chandler: That's so funny, 'cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman.