Friends

The One Where Underdog Gets Away

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 1994 on NBC

• I don't get how Underdog became a part of the plot? They should have focused less on Underdog and more on the gang spending their first Thanksgiving together. Meanwhile the plot line of Ross speaking to his baby is very sweet.

7.1
    I found this episode to be a little blase. Maybe they rushed it out because of the holiday season, I don't know. Monica decides to make Thanksgiving dinner for the gang when everyone's plans fall through for the day. It sounds promising, but it delivers just adequately. I always thought the writers were capable of better. A truly fabulous moment, however, occurs when Monica is making potatoes and finds out that Ross wants lumpy mashed potatoes, Joey wants tater tots, and Phoebe wants creamy mashed potatoes with onions and peas. So Monica, frustrated but trying to make the day special, goes about to cook 3 seperate potatoes. When Underdog's balloon goes missing the gang goes to the roof of the apartment (which they never showed...I found that odd) and when they get back, they are locked out of their apartment. By the time they can get in, dinner is ruined and they are forced to eat Chandler's version of Thanksgiving: grilled cheese.