Friends

The One with All the Thanksgivings

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 19, 1998 on NBC

• This is one of my favorite episodes of Friends.

This is one of the best episodes of Friends. After Thanksgiving dinner, everyone reminisces about their worst Thanksgivings. Chandler talks about the time when on thanksgiving he learned about his father and the pool boy. Pheobe talks about her past life and getting her arm blown off during a war. When Rachel mentions that she knows Monica's worst Thanksgiving, Pheobe thinks it's the time when Joey got the turkey stuck on his head, which is hilarious. Monica tells the story of how Chandler called her fat, but we find out later that it was when she accidentally cut Chandler's toe off and brought a top of a carrot instead of a toe, so they couldn't sew it back on. All in all, it's a great episode, filled with lots of laughs and a very sweet moment when Chandler accidentally confesses his love to Monica.
  • Funny as can be

It's an awesome episode as you have some bizarre moments provided by Pheobe (one of the things I like about that character) as naming her previous lives as an everyday kind of fact, and you also learn a lot about the characters.
    Evenmore you have some cute Monica-Chandler moments (not as wearn off as in the following season).
  • Monica fat, Rachel with her original nose and Chandler and Ross as idiots - too funny

One of the best parts is when Joey had the Turkey stuck on his head - so funny.
    "Plus it smells really bad in here" "Of course it does, you have your head up a dead animals ass" so funny.
    Monica was great fat too. I find it hard to believe though that through out the series that story never came up before that. another great line is when Joey complains he cant remember his past lives and Pheobe says "of course you can't you're brand new"
  • Funny!!!

I love the episodes where they go back in time. They are soo funny. All the characters are pretty much the same they all have the same personallity and that is what makes it so great. i love the fact that most of them new each orher when they were younger and can share that later on in life.l it is always nice to have life long friends.
  • One of the top 5 Friends episodes!

Monica fat + Ross and Chandler as 'college boys' + Rachel's nose + Jack and Judy Geller = hillarious! I have seen this episode a million times and still laugh as hard as the first time! They all did great jobs and kept the tradition of the Thanksgiving episodes being the best of every season!
  • The gang has just been 'killed' by the greatness that is Monica's home made thanksgiving dinner and talk about their past bad thanksgivings

This is exactly why I watch this series, it's over the top funny and filled with flashbacks. The 'more turkey mister Chandler?' part was simply hilarious. Even though this episode contributes to the trivia of this series it's still great. Monica and Ross' dad cracks me up, he's so funny xD Fat Monica and Rachel with 'the nose' is sp funny and the Thanksgiving after that when Rachel had her nose fixed. It was so funny when Jack told her about the removal of his mole xD This is without a doubt one of the best flashback episodes ever made.
  • The best EVER friends episode. Chandler made Monica loose weight, Ross and Chandlers ridiculous fashion, Chandler "Sir limpsalot" and Joey with a turkey on his head and ending with Chandler teling Monica he luvs her wile shes wearing a turkey, classic!!!!

This episode is by far my favourite episode of friends because it has so much information in it. We find out that Chandler is missing a toe because Monica wanted to get him back for calling her fat. We see Chandler and Ross's weird college fashion sense of 1987 and 88, the seagull hair and the weird roll-up sleeves thing. And we see Rachel before and after her nose-job which is funny. And its a typical Joey mistake when he gets Monica's turkey stuck on his head in 1992 and it scares Chandler, but it's so funy when Chandler gets him back in "the present day" when Monica is trying to make it up to him by dancing around in the turkey and Joey runs off screaming. And its a great touch at the end when Chandler accidentaly tells Monica he loves her. A great ending to a great episode.
  • The Thanksgiving meal is great, Chandler is still moodt over his parent's divorce and Ross with his 2nd divorce. The group remebers their worst thanksgiving memories and Monica's worst memory is revealed.

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes of season 5. I like the flashbacks but Monica's didn't seem that bad at least she got back at Chandler even though it was worst and the whole sexy thing was like Oh My God! Monica couldn't do it right but Rachel could. Joey had the turkey was funny and he couldn't get it off. I wouldn't be scared I would just keep laughing out the person if he/she had a turkey in her/his head. Monica's turkey head was the best because she had a hat and sun glasses on. I think this episode needed more of Phoebe and Joey in it.
  • ...

A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end.
  • The six friends look back on past thanksgivings. Rachel suggests to hear Monica's worst thanksgiving, which involves Chandler getting hurt!

This episode was hilarious the first time i saw it on TV and i still find it hilarious every time i watch it. When the knife was falling and the psycho theme played i just couldn't stop laughing. also Phoebe and Joey's thanksgivings were funny: joey getting a turkey stuck on his head and Phoebe's "imaginary thanksgiving" in the war. This episode would have been even better if it showed one of Ross' and Rachel's thanksgivings. When Monica came onto the screen when she was fat in the flashback it was so funny, she looked so different than she normally looks.
  • The Friends All Think About The Worst Thanksgiving They Had, And Monica's Worst Memory Is Revealed!

All The Friends Remeber The Worst Thanksgivings They Had, Monica Reveals Her Worst Memory To The Shock Of Chandler, He Finally Finds Out Why He Lost His Toe! But It Was His Fault..He Called Monica Fat! Then Monica Was Trying To Seduce Him, But Ended Up (Accidentally) Cutting His Toe Off With A Knife.
    "Sir-Limps-A-Lot" Haha..That Was Funny! :)
    Then Monica Was Trying To Cheer Chandler Up By Wearing A Turkey With A Fez And Sunglasses On Her Head! Joey Panicked When He Saw This Though And Ran Out Screaming!
    This Episode Always Makes Me Laugh, It's Just Laugh Out Loud Funny! I Love Friends!
  • Another brilliant episode in which we see flashbacks of the group's worst thanksgivings. Where Chandler's parents split up, Monica is called fat, Chandler loses his toe, Joey gets his head stuck inside a chicken and Pheobe revisits her past lives.

This is a great episode to watch, with clips from various thanksgiving dinners. It is one of the best flashback epidodes of Friends and shows Monica in her Chubby days, Rachel with her pointy nose and Chandler and Ross in their 80's outfits. It shows just what the gang were like before 1994. Although we do not see much of their current thanksgiving,this is still a great episode to watch. We also see Chandler's parents breaking up in part of the flahbacks. This is one of my favourite episodes and is great entertainment, it will get you in the mood for any holiday and is bound to cheer you up.
  • I really love this episode.

Well I guess the writers decided to go on a new leaf with Thanksgiving episodes. I like how this episode seemed to give a lot of trivia and mostly a filler in ways but ended up being a fight between Monica & Chandler, and then Chandler says "I love you" to Monica. Maybe his first "I love you" ever. I like how all the actors got to dress up in different costumes. I'm sure it was fun for them. The flashback that I liked the most is when Monica was fat. We learn in this episode that Chandler has half a toe due to Monica's clumsiness. hilarious great episode.