Friends

The One with Five Steaks and an Eggplant

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 19, 1995 on NBC

• The One With Five Steaks and An Eggplant

A woman calls the wrong number, Chandler pretends to be the man she is calling to try and meet her. Income issues divide the friends: the well-off Ross, Chandler and Monica versus the not-so-well-off Phoebe, Rachel and Joey. The well-off friends don't realize that the others can't afford the things that they can.

CHANDLER: Yes, how 'bout a verse of Killing Me Softly. You're gonna sneeze on my fish, aren't you?
  • Happy Birthday Ross - Or, not so much.

When a sexy woman calls the wrong number, Chandler seeks to make the most of the situation. And income issues divide the friends: the well-off Ross, Chandler and Monica versus the not-so-well-off Phoebe, Rachel and Joey. This all changes, however, when Monica is accused of taking kickbacks and fired.

Just Watch it, you'll understand.
  • Fancy pants Ross, Monica and Chandler...charity case Joey, Pheobe, and Rachel.

It's Ross's birthday and they should all do something nice. Nice requires money, which half of the group just doesn't have. They start to feel low because they don't make as much money as the other half of the group. They don't want to bring it up, but couldn't help but doin so after they went to a fancy restaurant. Joey, Pheobe, and Rachel order the cheapest things they can since they cannot afford alot. Then when Ross wants to split the check 6 ways, and then 5, the "charity cases" refuse to pay for the little stuff that they got.

As feeling like a charity case, they refuse to go to a Hooty and the Blowfish concert that Monica, Ross, and Chandler were willing to pay for. Instead, they sit at home and "guess Joey's hands". At the end, Monica get's fired and they forget about their money troubles...except for Joey who asks Chandler for five bucks.
  • well written

7.9
    When a sexy woman calls the wrong number, Chandler seeks to make the most of the situation and pretends to be this womans ex and after arranging to meet her knowing the real bob wont turn up as he has no idea he swoops in to comfort her. And income issues divide the friends when ross' birthday aproches and joey rachel and phoebe cant afford anything
  • ...

A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant!
  • "How much do you think I can get for my kidney?"

When a sexy woman calls the wrong number, Chandler pretends he's the ex boyfriends she's looking for so he can sleep with her. But when he thinks he's scored big with her he finds out it wasn't so hot for her. When Monica get's promoted at work the gang goes out to celebrate but not everyone is having a good time. Rachel, Phoebe and Joey let it known that they don't make as much as the others do and they can't afford to go out as much as they would like to. For Ross's birthday the gang had planned on taking Ross to a hootie and the blowfish concert.
  • Friends fall apart.

The friends split up for the first time on Friends. A serious episode I would say. The poor Rachel, Joey & Phoebe against the rich Monica, Chandler & Ross. I guess Monica got what she deserved by ditching the other friends by getting fired in the end of the episode. Now we know why the title. Five Steaks & the Eggplant ere so important to thee episode. Chandler starts getting messages from a woman who wants to see Bob. A very strange situation. It was also strange to see Chandler turn to Ross instead of Joey. The ending was pretty funny though. Great episode.
  • Good

When a sexy woman calls the wrong number, Chandler seeks to make the most of the situation. Income issues divide the friends: the well-off Ross, Chandler and Monica versus the not-so-well-off Phoebe, Rachel and Joey. This was the season where Friends really started to find that form that would define the entire series but this episode was not one of those episodes it is a forgettable outing but still proves to be funny at times. I liked the way the gang was split in this one and it was sad when Monica was fired at the end. 8.5 out of 10.
  • Awesome.

When a sexy woman calls the wrong number, Chandler seeks to make the most of the situation. Income issues divide the friends: the well-off Ross, Chandler and Monica versus the not-so-well-off Phoebe, Rachel and Joey. Monica loses her job after accepting dodgy food from her work. I love this episode, I love the storyline and the way Ross and Chandler are, their greta in this episode - plus they're my faouvrite characters in this show. Chandler is trying to be Bob - so funny. I love the storyline between Rach, Phoebe, Joey earning less moeny than Chandler, Ross and Monica too - I thought it was really funny.
  • The One with Five Steaks and a Eggplant

I love how they were watching Midget Wrestling and They Get a Message on the Answering Machine being meant for a Guy named Bob I love How Ross and Chandler Listened to the Message before Chandler Answers It pretending to be Bob Which to me was the most funniest part about this Episode and the Whole Who makes more Money then who was also in this episode Great Episode