Friends

The One with Joey's Award

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 29, 2001 on NBC

• Soapie and dinosaur noise!

This episode is about Joey's nomination for Soapie- "the third most prestigious soap opera award there is":)! I loved the part when he got up on the stage and started giving his speach for someone else's award:" And I'm sure that Jessica would like to thank my parents who always believed in me. She'd also like to thank my friends, Chandler, Monica, Ross, Phoebe, and Rachel who's sittin' right there!"
    Best part of this episode was Ross's lecute about Velociraptor's high pitched noise that he tried to imitate :) for his student. I laughed so hard... well written episode.
  • love it!

This episode is another great one to add to all the great Friends episodes. I love Joey's reaction to not winning the award, when he was supposed to be happy but ends up having a rant to Rachel on camera!

and then when he presents the award for actresses and doesn't let the audience clap... and then his tune changes when the winner can't collect the award and Joey accepts it on her behalf 'I'm sure Jessica would like to thank my parents...'! so funny!

And then the fact that he steals an award is hilarious, given that it has no relevance to himself!!

Overall I think that Joey is the best in this episode.
  • Joey gets a Soapie Award.

Another great installment to the preparation of Chandler & Monica's wedding. The C plot, dealing with Monica while Phoebe gets a new boyfriend, Monica starts having doubts about being married, since she will never sleep with anyone else, which is what everyone goes through! The B plot in which Ross' student says he loves him to get his grade raised, my favorite part is when Ross yells at him & the teachers are right behind him, it seems like they're in a relationship. The A plot which leaves a hint of a future relationship of Joey & Rachel, I love how they steal the award at the end. A great episode.
NICK 2