Friends

The One with Joey's Bag

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 1999 on NBC

• Ursula reprises her role.

Well I have to say besides being funny, it was just a filler episode. And that just brings the episode rating down a bit. The thing I did like about this episode is that Ursula reprises her role and it's funny cause she is on the show "Mad About You" So that made me smile. You might be wondering why I think this is a filler if Phoebe finds her father. Well she finds him and acts on nothing, in the next episode claiming she isn't ready yet. So didn't understand that much. He isn't even mentioned in the next episode. Joey's bag was an okay plot.
  • When Joey decides to change his image in order to land an acting gig and Rachel offers to help. Phoebe's grandmother passes away and she plans funeral.

Interesting funeral! 3-D glasses! Awesome. Not a normal funeral but cool. Joey and that bag! Doesn't he know its a girl bag! If he wasn't so obssed over that bag he could of got the job. Joey needs to get back into acting because he is just letting Chandler pay for everything. Phoebe meets her father and asks him all those weird questions. That was so funny. When he was talking about Lily did he mean Phoebe's not real mom because her real mom was Phoebe. I hope we see more of him and see if Phoebe forgives him or not.
  • Missus Joseph Tribianni.

This episode is full of comedy...more than usual. I have to say that the best plot of this episode is Joey and his bag. Joey thinks he looks so great carrying the bag, but his friends ridicule him. They make comments as if he's a woman. My favorite quote from this episode is "You look just like your son, Mrs. Tribianni." from Chandler. But Joey argues that it's quite practiacal. It hold your wallet, your keys, your address book, ...and your make up as implied by Ross. Later at Pheobe's grandmother's funeral, he pulls flowers out of the bag. Chandler humors him and tells him that pulling flowers out of the bag makes it look more manly. Afetr Joey is denied a part due to his bag, he finally decides to give up the bag and use a more manly item called a wallet.
  • ...

A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end.
  • a good episode

When Joey decides to change his image in order to land an acting gig, Rachel offers to help by hooking him up with the latest fashions from her store which is a womens bag and joey loses his audition because he loves his bag so much. Meanwhile, Phoebe's grandmother passes away and she plans for the funeral and at the funeral she meets her real father frank but doesnt tell him who she is and plans to meet him again, or is that the next episode?. any way it is a good episode and would reccomend it. lol ha ha lol.