Friends

The One with Joey's New Brain

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2001 on NBC

• Ross practices bagpipes to play at Monica and Chandler's wedding. Dr Drake Romorey is getting written back into DOOL and Susan Sarandon's character is being killed off. Phoebe and Rachel fight over a cute guy's cell phone.

This is one of my favourite episodes ever. The end, where Phoebe sings to Ross\' bagpipes gets me crying every time. In fact, the whole bagpipes storyline is hilarious. Ross rocks! Also, the cute guy/old man storyline is great. Phoebe\'s so funny when she strikes the deal with Rachel. And Susan Sarandon is fabulous. I also love the opening sequences when Joey tries to explain to Ross that his DOOL character, Dr Drake Romorey, is getting a brain transplant and Ross goes all \'sciency\' on him. Just a classic episode, reminds me why I love the series so much. I recommend this one to everyone.
  • Ross plans a surprise for Monica and Chandler's wedding. Joey is coming out of his coma of Days of Our Lives. Phoebe and Rachel fight over a cell phone left but a cute guy in Central Perk.

This episode wasn't as good as last weeks. I don't know why Rachel always gets the guys but Phoebe did get this one but like all the other times Rachel gets them. Its not like she is the best looking. Phoebe is! Monica and Chandler are sure taking their time with their wedding. Joey sleeps with that Jessica girl. He sure played her character good!
  • joey get's a new brain!

Joeys character finaly wakes up from his coma to take another characters brain from Days of our Life. Ross has a hard time understanding how this can happen and Joey tells him "I thought you where a scientist?" I think thats the probelem. Becasue this could never happen. Espcially the way the woman dies is by being eletricuied. If that happen then her brain would be fried. Anyway, Joey learns how to become Jessica and learns how to slap other characters. While doing this Joey sleeps with her. Jessica is offered a part in a movie in Mexico and leaves.
  • funny

Ross plans a surprise for Monica and Chandler's wedding that is less than desirable when they see him practicing his bagpipes. Drake Ramoray is coming out of his coma on Days of Our Lives. A diva will be killed off and her character's brain will be transplanted into Drake's so oey goes over to talk to her as it is his favourite character and they end up sleeping together. Phoebe and Rachel fight over a guy who left his cell phone in Central Perk who was a hot guy, bit the real persons cell phone was an old mans, and rachaels lets pheobe go with him because pheobe liked him. a funny episode.
  • Just an okay episode.

Probably the low point of the season. I don't think this episode deserved to be extended. But Susan Surandon guest stars. I don't get the romantic relationship with Joey & her. She was like 15 years older than Joey probably. So the plot with Joey, I didn't like too much. Ross playing bag pipes at the wedding was very filler. I didn't really find it funny. It was very uncharacteristic of Ross to do that. The good plot was Phoebe & Rachel fighting over the phone. Phoebe still thinking the man was cute after she found out he was way older. Was just weird. The whole thing was weird. Eh.