Friends

The One with Monica's Thunder

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 12, 2000 on NBC

• Not working

This one (and at least the following which I'm watching right now) is really weird. As somebody mentioned Chandler is very absent in this episode (as he is in the next one), he's like not in the show, maybe he had some personal problems or something during the shooting of this one, or was on sedatives... too inert... which was very noticable since this episode focuses on his "problem"... Anyway the plot is so-so too, and the situations are very artificial... well they always are, but... Almost boring... after the last 6th season finale this new season opener is a real let-down.
  • it was ok

THis epsidoe wasn't one of my favorites. I thought Monica was a little to dramatic with the whole "you stole my thunder" bit. If she hadn't made such a big deal about it then they could had been at the plaza having drinks hours before they went. It was supposed to be about her and Chandler and she goes on and on about it and she ruined her on night not Rachel.

Joey trying to be 19 was of course funny and took the tension away from Monica's temper tamtrum. I was disapointed in this epsidoe. I think the season got better after this one.
  • Just an average episode. Matthew Perry was really weird in this episode.

7.1
    In the season premiere, the guys are celebrating Monica and Chandler's engagment, Phoebe wants to sing at their wedding, Rachel wants to get back with Ross for one night stand, and Joey has to play a 19-year-old.

I personally wasn't so surprised or anything with this episode, it is just an average episode of Friends. Monica is angry on Rachel for taking her thunder away, and of course, the scene, as well as other scenes, is funny, but I feel like the writers did this one already.

Rachel feels weird, because Monica is engaged, and she wants to have a one night stand with Ross, which I don't actually approve so much, considering their past. But, those scenes are also very funny, and I guess it's OK to have a one night stand, after so many years after their breakup.

Phoebe is, in my opinion, the best in this episode, as she is doing her best to convince Monica and Chandler to sing on their wedding, but Joey is good too.

And one of the things I hate about this episode is the fact that Matthew Perry was really weird in this episode. He was speaking weirdly, he looks like he drank before the episode, and I'm glad that he's much more better in the upcoming episodes.

All in all, a good, but not above average episode.
  • Monica and Chandler are now officially engaged. To celebrate \"Monica\'s night\", the friends want to go to the Plaza to have some champagne. However, Rachel steals Monica\'s thunder, Joey wants to pass for 19 for an audition, Chandler can\'t perform in t

Finally, Monica gets to be engaged. But as the friends are getting ready to go out and celebrate, Monica walks in on Ross and Rachel kissing. Monica is furious about Rachel stealing her thunder - again.
    While this was supposed to be Monica\'s special night, each of the friends has a problem of their own.
    The plot continues from the season 6 finale, in which the actual engagement of Chandler and Monica took place. Season 7 is all about the wedding, really. This episode sees the beginning of wedding preparations (Phoebe wants to be hired to play the guitar at the wedding celebration) but it\'s also about the characters\' individual problems.
    Pretty funny episode.
  • There's something about this episode that felt kinda off to me.

I think it's the bitter tone of the episode, with Monica being mad at Rachel. It was the night of their proposal, it should have been funner. To add to it, the reason that Rachel gave Monica for kissing Ross was kinda weak: because she was sad. There are some funny moments.

Like the beginning where Monica yelled in the balcony "I'm engaged" and Ross thinks it was a kid shouting "I'm gay"...and then it was explained that the kid moved.

I liked a lot of Phoebe's scenes trying to get Monica and Chandler to let her sing at the wedding. And Phoebe warns Monica, "Next time you touch my guitar, I'm gonna have to pound on you a litte."

The Joey having to audition as a 19-year-old was enjoyable, if only for the sight gag of seeing Joey's...I mean Chandler's boxers. The Chandler having problems in the bedroom was kinda okay if only for the line "We've take a nice walk on the Rue de la blakdflasdjf"...which is a joke I stole in one of my stories.

Speaking of Chadler, Matthew Perry's pain-killer drug problem could be seen again, as he is skinny, almost as anorexic as he was in season 3.

There's always a reason I look forward to if I see an episode, and that reason was Ross and his hands joke...and also his "hmph" as he walks to Rachel's room hoping he could get sex.

So overall, it's not that the jokes that was bad, it was just the tone and mood which didn't feel right for the episode.
  • Everybody toasts the engagement. Phoebe wants to be the musician at the wedding. Joey prepares for an audition where he must play a 19-year-old. After Chandler can't get it up for Monica, he worries about the consequences.

Good episode. Rachel and Ross should of just told Monica from the start. Monica is yelling at everyone because she is encaged. Their wedding isn't even until the end of season 7!! They are so talking their time. Joey did you 19 for a minute when he was dressed like that. And oh my god! I can't believe that Joey is 31!! He doesn't look that old and he still isn't married?! He is good looking!
  • "Whenever I get married, guess who won't get to sing? Somebody named Geller! And somebody else named Bing!" - Phoebe

It's Monica engagement night aka Monica Night. Rachel feels a little bit lonely so she tries to hook up with Ross saying that they never had a bonus night. Unfortunaly Monica catches then and gets very angry that Rachel is trying to steal her thunder. Joey has to audition for a 19-year-old so he puts an interesting outfit. Phoebe is hoping that she can sing at the wedding so sings a couple of songs. Great songs, I always love Phoebe's music.
    Rachel and Monica fight but they make up when Monica realizes she did the exact same thing with Chandler at Ross' wedding. I thought it was a great season opener.
  • Great season opener setting the tone for season 7.

This episode takes place about 5 minutes after the season 6 finale. Monica and Chandler's engagement is official and all Monica wants is a night just about her. She feels this doesn't happen though when she sees Rachel and Ross kissing. Soon Phoebe Joey and Chandler know about it and Monica feels that Rachel is stealing her thunder. After an argument, where monica states that Rachel is only jealous because her formerly fat friend is getting married before she is. Rachel gets mad and wants to steal Monica's thunder. In the end they apologise to each other. Phoebe wants to play the guitar for Monica and Chandler and after talking to Joey demands a deposit. Chandler has his own problem and Ross just wants Rachel. A fantastic episode which sets the tone for the rest of season 7.
  • Another one of those bottle episodes.

This episode was an amazing season opener. And it start up just where it left off. Monica & Chanlder are engaged. And now their going to celebrate! Or not. The flame between Ross & Rachel starts up again. As they kiss. I like how through the whole episode, Ross is trying to have sex with Rachel. And Rachel is stealing Monica's thunder. That was hilarious! "Come on Ross, lets go have sex!" - Angry Rachel to Monica. Chandler can't get it up. And Phoebe wants to be a musician for Monica & Chandler's wedding. No one ended up celebrating but everyone made up!
  • a good episode

Everybody toasts the engagement of monica and chandler. Phoebe wants to be the musician at the wedding but they wont let her. Joey prepares for an audition where he must play a 19-year-old boy and everybody tells him that he looks stupid in his costume and that he cant do it. After Chandler can't get it up for Monica, he worries about the consequences and asks joey who says he has had the same problem. Ross and Rachel debate a "bonus night." and Monica catches them kissing and thinks Rachel is trying to steal her night. but it was that she was upset as she had no one and they don't have sex.
  • sigan haciendo peliculas son muy buenos actores, aprendan de joy. Besos.

me encantan los episodios, me encanta cuando speak spanish i loved. son su fnatica y ademas veo todas sus peliculas y todo o demas son un amor. estoy en la temporada 7(no la he visto todavia), pero cuando tenga tiempo la compro!.tengo las temporadas 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 y el final, pero como no fe visto la 7 pues no puedo ver las demas porque me gusta segir la secuencia. los Amo. Bye!
  • An interesting episode!

This is a cool episode, everybody is ready to do the toast for Chandler and Monica's engagement, and they want to go to the Plaza Hotel to celebrate. After a while, Chandler and Monica have sex and Chandler is "not active", so he tells Joey about it, who after believing they are talking about it, he tells everyone else. Meanwhile, Monica spots Rachel and Ross kissing and they steal out Monica's night whcih causes a discussion between Rachel and Monica, and Ross is trying to have sex with Rachel with his hands. Joey also tries to pass himself over for a 19 year old, and Phoebe wants to sing at their wedding. A great episode!