Friends

The One with Mrs. Bing

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 05, 1995 on NBC

• A forgettable filler.

Although the plot was still good, the writers should of added a serialized plot to go with this episode. Because when I re-watched this episode, I forgot that it even existed! So Ross kisses Chandler's mom but all is forgiven in the end, and then Chandler's mom disappears and doesn't come back ever. So it was a bit of a filler as well. All the Paolo scenes drove me insane. Ross belongs with Rachel which I guess was the whole point of the kiss. Monica & Phoebe with the coma patient, it was predictable that the guy wasn't going to like either of them again. So eh.
  • Awesome

Chandler's romance novelist mom comes to New York to visit him and he's not sure how he feels about it, especially after Joey catches Mrs. Bing and Ross kissing. Meanwhile, Monica and Phoebe compete for the "attention" of Coma Guy, who gets hit by an ambulance after Monica woo-woo's at him on the street. This was another awesome episode of Friends. you really felt for Chandler in this one when he argued with Ross and Joey. Coma guy was funny Monicas whistle was hilarous which put the dud ei a coma turns out he was a **** 9 out of 10
  • Awesome.

Chandler's flamboyant romance-novelist mother (Morgan Fairchild) comes to New York for a visit, and Ross makes the mistake of kissing her whilst being drunk. Monica and Phoebe cause a traffic accident. Chandler's romance novelist mom comes to New York to visit him and he's not sure how he feels about it, especially after Joey catches Mrs. Bing and Ross kissing. Meanwhile, Monica and Phoebe compete for the "attention" of Coma Guy, who gets hit by an ambulance after Monica woo-woo's at him on the street. Awesome episode. I love it, every time I watch it, it always makes me laugh. Some awesome lines and scenes in this episode.
  • Chandler: Hey, you kissed my Mom. Ross: We're rehearsing a Greek play. Chandler: That's very funny. Are we done?

• LMAO. like always!

ahh this episode was SO great. ok first off chandler's mom is such a mess. i mean the divorce CLEARLY messed with chandler. like how he cant eat thanksgiving food. which shows AMAZINGLY how parents dont ever consider their kids when they get divorced. i would know. but thats not why i love this episode. it just has one of my favorite lines every. i mean next to "heads is for ducks because ducks have heads." "what kind of scary ass clowns came to YOUR birthday party??" cause thats my all time favorite. but int he mrs bong episode i love when they're chandler is trying to say that his mom kissed ross and says "you kissed my best ross!"
  • Another Great Ep.

Well, season 1 episode 11 of Friends, The One with Mrs Bing is another great episode of friends! The main storylines involve Chandler with Ross and Chandlers mom. The other main storyline involves Monica, Phoebe and a coma guy. There is also an ongoing storyline, which involves Paolo the italian guy still dating Rachel. Chandler's mom, a romnce novelist comes to visit the guys in the city and Chandler only manages to find out about this because of his mom telling the entire nation on The Jay Leno Show. Once there, she goes out to dinner with the six plus Paolo. Ross is really drunk and depressed, and when he goes to the bthroom at the same time as Nora Bing, they end up kissing. Joey sees it, and accidentally blabs to Chandler, who is MAD! Monica and Phoebe 'woowoo' at a guy on the street and he ends up getting knocked over and is in a coma for a week, while this is happening Phoebe and Monica visit him at the hospital every day, hoping to go out with him when he wakes up.
  • Chandler's flamboyant romance-novelist mother comes to New York for a visit. Monica and Phoebe cause a traffic accident. (DVD Summary)

Another episode among the best of the first season. I love the character Nora Tyler Bing: a sassy, sexy novelist who happens to be Chandler's mom. Played by Morgan Fairchild, this woman can sure deliver a punchline. Introducing the somewhat unoriginal idea of a main character hooking up with another main character's mom, was performed brilliantly. The episode was able to end realistically with no one mad at each other. Monica and Phoebe's subplot was very funny. Poor Coma Guy never knew what hit him. Of course if it were me, I would have reacted the same way when I woke up. The girls were acting like crazy stalkers.
  • "Nora- um, Mrs. Mom- your Bing"

In this episode Chandler's mom comes to town to talk on Jay Leno about her new book. THe gang goes out to dinner with her. Ross gets drunk because he's upset about Paolo and Rachel and he ends up kissing Chandler's mom, Mrs. Nora. Meanwhile, Monica and Phoebe flirt with a hot guy in a coma. They compete by going up there to shave him and change his clothes. They guess what kind of guy he is and what is name is. Monica reads the newspaper to him while Phoebe sings.

"You don't have to be awake to be my man,
    As long as you have brainwaves I'll be there to hold your hand.
    Though we just met the other day, There's something I have got to say..."
  • ...

A great episode, with 2 brilliant storylines, such as; the coma and the kiss, the kiss was a really funny and the drag out of the kiss was really good as Ross is so scared of stepping out of line, when he actually does it's a really great piece of comedy! Plus the coma was brilliant, especially when he wakes up at the end of the episode and they both expect him to ask them out or something like that and he does nothing but a small thanks. Thank You For Reading My Comments. Please Read My Other Comments And Reviews.
  • excellent

Chandler's romance novelist mum comes to New York to visit him and he's not sure how he feels about it, especially after Joey catches Mrs. Bing and Ross kissing at the resturant after Joey suggest Ross should tell Chandler Ross has a very hard time but eventually does and turns out its not the first time Mrs. Bing has done something like this. Meanwhile, Monica and Phoebe compete for the "attention" of a guy in a coma who got run over after Monica woo-woo's at him on the street. At the resuturant Ross becomes increasingly jelous and depressed about Rachel and Paolos relationship.
  • excellent episode!

Pheobe and Monica see a cute guy on the street and so Pheobe encourages to wolf whistle at him while his crossing the road. Monica woo woo's and he turns around only to get run over by a bus and go into a coma! They both compete with each other to see which one does the most for him. But when he wakes up the only thing he has to say is 'i'll see you around'

Chandler's mum comes to New York and her and a very VERY drunk Ross share a kiss which is interupted by Joey and eventually causes sparks with Chandler!
  • Jay Leno?! SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!! I love this episode!!!! Chandler is sooo cute!!!

This episode is soooo funny, Chandler's mum, Jay Leno?! I loooooove it! In this episode everybody are sooo funny!!! Mrs. Bing is soooo funny.... Monica and Phoebe, too!!! Man in coma!!! Mrs. Bing kissing Ross!!! Rachel writing a book! Sooooo funny!!!! Chandler is soooo cute!!! ps: I don't know what to say anymore....
  • What a great show where Chandler's mom comes in town

Chandler's book writing mom takes a trip to New York to come see him and he's unsure about the whole thing. Later when they are out to dinner Ross goes to make a call and so does Mrs. Bing Joey finds Mrs. Bing and Ross kissing. Monica and Phoebe try to impress the same guy,Coma Guy, but when Monica later trys to get his attention he is struck by an ambulance coming down the street. A true Friends classis that should really not be missed and should be cherished for such good writing, acting and the whole works for this one.
  • A great episode.

The beginning is funny when Monica whistles at this guy and he ends up getting hit by an ambulance. This episode is hilarious since they start to take care of the coma guy and in the end he has no idea who he is they basically did all that work for nothing. My favorite storyline is the other one though with Chandler/Chandler's Mom/Ross. The way they did it is the only way they could have done it to make it work. Because only bad things come out of Ross drinking and having to put up with Rachel and Paolo kissing all through dinner.
  • Guest Star Alert

Chandler's romance novelist mum comes to New York to visit him and he's not sure how he feels about it, especially after Joey catches Mrs. Bing and Ross kissing. Meanwhile, Monica and Phoebe compete for the "attention" of Coma Guy, who gets hit by an ambulance after Monica woo-woo's at him on the street.

We watch the friendship between Ross and Chandler get into a knot in this episode - But realise that there is nothing that can tighten that knot too tight.
  • Overall a great episode.

This is actually one of my favorite season one episodes, partially because Chandler was always my favorite Friend. I think Morgan Fairchild as his mom was great; and as people in their twenties, these characters still have parental things going opn, especially Chandler coming from the family he does. The story played out with Chandler, Nora and Ross, with Joey in there too, was good characterization. Joey doesn't like secrets, something that continues through the series, and he doesn't like lying. Great set up of that side of Joey. Ross is a loyal friend who is only human and will thus make mistakes, but he was truly sorry and felt truly horrible about it. As mad as Chandler got, he was forgiving. That's what this episode was about.

The Monica/Phoebe/Coma Guy subplot was just hilarious.
  • When Monica causes a guy to get hit and go into a coma, her and Phoebe fight for his attention in the hospital while Chandler's romance novelist mother comes to town and kisses Ross.

This episode never got my attention. I found it boring. Perhaps because they focus on Mrs. Bing rather than on the characters. The show is supposed to be about the 6 of them as adults, not the 6 of them trying to deal with their issues with their parents. And it is never clear why Chandler was embarrased by his mom in the first place. Most guys would love a mother who is open-minded and liberal enough to buy their teenage sons condoms. It just didn't make sense as a plot line and that is why the entire episode failed. The coma guy sub plot was mildly interesting...but they rushed the ending of it. As soon as he wakes up he has no idea who they are. If I got hit by a vehicle due to someone calling my attention, I would think I would remember their face.