Friends

The One with Rachel's Crush

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 29, 1998 on NBC

• A classic

This episode is a classic and has many important story lines throughout it. It has the start of the relationship between Rachel and Joshua and the end of Chandler's relationship with Kathy. Chandler believes that kathy is sleeping with her acting partner,Nick. Rachel in her new job gets a client called Joshua and immediately has a massive crush on him, hence the name of the episode. Monica is feeling left out in the boy's old apartment about not being the hostess and ends up cleaning whole apartment. The episode is great and ahs many hilarious quotes including a metion of the whole "we were on a break" situation. A must see!
  • It's like someone literally wrote down my worst nightmare and then charged me $32 to see it! - Chandler

Chandler and Ross go see a play where Kathy's the star in. Chandler is finally happy that he can have sex with the star of the play untill he finds out that Kathy has to have sex with a incredibly handsome man named Nick(we don't see him). He gets jealous and gets into a fight and they break up when Kathy actually sleeps with Nick and they break up. I didn't really like Kathy but I kind of wanted her to come back for one more appearance when Chandler was with Monica.
    Rachel gets a crush on a man named Joshua. Not that he was a great character but Rachel's crush and the way she acts around him is so funny. Monica can't stand the fact that she doesn't live in the big appartment anymore. Because she always has to be the hostess she gives the small apartment a makeover.
    The best part of this episode was when Joey told Rachel and Phoebe how he picks up women and we hear the famous line "Hey, how you doin'?" for the first time.
  • Kathy's final appearance.

Well after Kathy started this whole commotion wit Joey & Chandler & risks their friendship, she sleeps with another guy. That was pretty sad for Chandler. I like Rachel's plot. I have never seen a girl ask out a guy & I like the interpretation in this episode. Looks like Rachel has a new office & a new boss. The arc with trading apartments has continued. Monica's plot was one of the funniest. She always has to be the hostess. I like what she did to the apartment. At the end, It looks like this Joshua character is coming back for more. I love all these recurring characters! I will miss Kathy though.