Friends

The One with Rachel's Other Sister

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 21, 2002 on NBC

• I watched this episode, once, twice, thrice, and time and time again, and I still laugh at it harder than at any other epiosode.

This episode is truly a masterpiece. There are so many funny parts, and they come so frequently, you never actually stop laughing after the first big joke (which I think is 'I will be careful, until told otherwize'). Rachels best line is 'Okay, I went to the zoo yesterday, so now I am a koala bear', Monica's best line is 'Emma is a product of a 5 year-old condom and a box of Morlot' or 'Let us go and blow our noses on my wedding dress'. Phoebe's best moment is 'How about the whole man walking on the moon thing? You can see the strings people!', 'Next week, stealing.' or 'Yes Monica, you're all about the fun(!) (as she cuts her vegetables in mid-air as Monica suggested). Joey's obsession with racoon's is very funny, as is his forgetting to go to the parade and pick up his mother at the airport. I love it when he says 'Let us throw some jello on them!' and 'Who has to die for me to get her?'

Chandler has some of the best lines too. '2 of my best friends die, then my wife dies, then the one tiny ray of hope left in my life takes taken away from me?' This followed by Phoebe's 'Thats a great movie!' and Joey's 'Who has to die for me to get her?' is enough to get you laughing non-stop through the 3 minute advert break which follows. Chandler saying 'Im not incompetant, because I managed to survive whatever it was that killed the three of you!' is also funny, as it 'By the way, that was totally arousing.'

Ross's sarcasm in this episode is great too.

Amy: You know what would be great? If you guys died!
    Ross: Thank You Amy(!)

Amy: You think you can spend Thanksgiving with your boyfriend, and then his wife comes back into town! Its not even worth dating married guys!
    Ross: Dont say that.

Ross: It will be like the pilgrims bringing the Indians syphillis.

I also like it when Amy rants on about Monica and Ross in the past, not realizing the same people are in the room.

The name-mixing thing is also hilarious.

Amy: I would like to change her name, Im not really a big fan on Emily.
    Ross: Emma!
    Amy: Emma! Ross wants you!
    Phoebe: PHOE-BE!
    Amy: Why does she keep making that noise?

Amy crying over her sister's Ralph Lauren discount is incredibly amusing as is her random sushi obsession.

So, what is it that makes this episode so great?
    It has one of the best guest stars in Friends's 10 year run.
    It has some of the best jokes.
    It is one episode in the later Season's where the Friends are all together.
    It has baby Emma in it, and Chandler wanting to be a father, yet it doesnt make the Friends seem grown-up like we all feared it would.
    It doesnt center about one character, but had all 6 characters playing equally major parts.
    A person can watch this episode an get familiar with all the characters and their personalities very easily.

I just can't believe how good this episode is. It definately did deserve an Emmy award.