Friends

The One with Ross's Grant

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2003 on NBC

• Gladys and Ichiba together in one episode means comedy gold...

This is one if the funnier season 10 episdes because it has some of the funniest stories. The less funny was Hobart trying to sabotage Ross and dn't make him get a grant unless he breaks up with Charlie, but even that one had funny lines, like the pbrotofalosaus or something like it. Next we have OHebe needing to toss Gklayds if she wants t move in with Mike, and a misunderstanding leads MOnica to keep it. She sells it to Joey, but Racheld doesn't weant it in her apartment either so she invernts a curse of the painting to scare JOey. Phoebe makes a much creepier painting to give the onethat doesn't get Gladys, called Gleenis, leading to M&R actually wanting Gladys. And for the last Joey asks Chandler to pass a tape to his boss to get a part on an advertisment and Chandler lies telling him his boss hated the tape because he thinks Joey doens't fit the part. The funniest pàrt f this storyline was whaty was IN the tape: a commercial for lipstcik for men called Ichiba, and was only sold in Japan, plus, it was BLUE. ANd the peisdde ends with Rachel using GLadys to scare JOey, funny episde, watch it.
  • Finally Charlie is gone!

In my opinion (and my friends and family), Charlie was a very hard character to like, firstly she dumps Joey for Ross and then to dump Ross for her ex (Benjamin Hobart played by Greg Kinnear) and she hated Rachel aswell. Finally she is gone.

It was very funny watching who got Phoebe's ugly painting out of Monica and Rachel, as Phoebe was making room for Mike to move in. In the end Phoebe made another one even worse. So they each got one.
  • "lipstick for men" funny

Rachel and Monica fight over who will receive an ugly painting from Phoebe's apartment when Mike wants her to get rid of it. Chandler gets on Joey's bad side when he lies about watching Joey's audition tape which was for male lipstick, so he knew he was lieing. Ross is up for a big grant, although Charlie's ex-boyfriend is in charge of who gets it. Dr. Hobart tries to trade--Ross breaks up with Charlie and he'll get the grant but prior to that he asks him loads of stuupid questions. Eventually, Charlie and Dr. Hobart reconcile after he reveals his feelings for her leaving poor ross all alone.
  • Greg Kinear

7.9
    Greg Kinear as Professor Hobart was probably my favorite part of this episode. I already liked his as an actor but after this cameo I liked him even more. As Charlie's crazy or...crazy ex he made for a great way to exit Charlie off the show without making it seem like she just vanished or was pushed down an elevator shaft.

But Joey's commercial! Oh my gosh. I mean there are just no possible words to describe this. Excellent, just excellent.
  • Gorgeous episode with two funny stories and a great guest star Greg Kinnear!!!

This episode has not only one but two really funny stories.
    First there is Ross being in the position of getting a grant with his girl-friend's ex-boyfriend in the jury. Chosing Greg Kinnear for the role of Charlie's Ex was obviously a superb decision. Him and Ross have such funny dialogues that you just can't stop laughing. The questions Ross has to answer in order to get the grant are just too comical.

The other story is the one with Phoebes painting "Gladys". It is so funny how Rachel makes fun of Monica when she gets Gladys as a present and how both of them try to get rid of her. This whole situation gets even better when Phoebe presents Glynnis to them!!!

I don't know who made these paintings and who had this funny idea but this was just unbelievable!!! Especially the end when Rachel scares Joey and is scared herself by Monica!

Joeys commercial for that lipstick for men is so funny too especially because it really is the kind of crazy things Japanese people would do. The whole style of the commercial was just totally authentical.

All in all a superb episode!!!