Friends

The One with Ross's New Girlfriend

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 21, 1995 on NBC

• Season 2 Premiere

A momentous episode of Friends. I'm sure the entire fanbase was waiting in anticipation for this episode. This was definitely a series classic to say the least. We've got Rachel waiting at the airport and Ross getting off the plane with a new girlfriend. That's definitely a way of complicating matters. We got some really great scenes from Jennifer Aniston tonight. All her interactions with Ross were fantastic and she was easily the one who stole the show tonight.

As for the subplots, they could have been a bit better. I mean we got great comedic timing from both story lines. But the haircut thing just seemed like a drawn-out explanation on why the actor's hairstyles were different. Also Phoebe gave the guys a haircut right when Rachel was going to pick up Ross? Where's the realism? Although the whole gag as Monica as a patient thing was quite funny.

Matthew Perry also did a terrific job with his comedic timing. "You stop when there's resistance!" Although I think this was the point in time where Joey's stupidity was greatly exaggerated. Last season, it was at an acceptable level but you can really tell the difference here. And it only gets worse as the seasons continue. Anyways, overall, this was a great season premiere of Friends. Definitely did the cliffhanger justice.