Friends

The One with Ross's New Girlfriend

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 21, 1995 on NBC

• Ross comes back from his China visit with Julie, his new girlfriend, much to the dismay of Rachel and the gang. Meanwhile Chandler is violated by Joey's tailor.

I must say, there are only two bright-spots in this episode. The main being the sub-plot of Chandler and the "cupping" incident with Joey's tailor. The look on Chandler's face when the tailor gets up-close and personal with his inseam is to die for. That moment alone caused his show to go from average to above average. And the moment when Phoebe finally cuts Monica's hair, but mistakes Demi Moore's hair-style for Dudley Moore, also hysterical. But other than that, I thought this was just alright for the Friends cast and the script. For being a two-parter episode, there was no sense of closure, especially on the Ross-Rachel relationship, since he is now involved with Julie. The story-line with Julie jumps the shark. For Ross being so in love with Rachel, he sure was able to move on quite fast. And Rachel having another one-nighter with Paolo after what he did to her in season 1? Just not believable. I felt the whole main plot was filler. Could have done a lot better.