Friends

The One with Ross's Sandwich

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 10, 1998 on NBC

• Great episode, especially the scenes with Ross.

This is an episode I can watch again and again and not get sick of it. Ross and his delicious sandwich. Man. Monica must make such great food if Ross got so crazy about it. The scene with his boss was awesome.

Rachel pretty much got what she deserved from Phoebe. The scene where she steals the answer from Phoebe was irritating thus,loses .1 of the score. I understand that it's something Rachel definitely would've done in high school but I just found that scene rather annoying.

All in all,it's a great episode and one of the best episodes in season 5.
  • Love several scenes

Watch Phoebe during Rachel's talking about Jane Eyre. She has her fingers by her mouth but not blocking it and when Rachel finally mentions robots, she smiles in a wonderful way.

I also love the scene when Ross wanders in high on drugs, eating cotton candy. It just shows how great the actors are on this show. David Schwimmer has to figure out how Ross would talk and act when tranked out.

Of course, some of the best scenes are when items from Monica & Chandler's relationship are misinterpreted. One of my favorite comments is Rachel's when she accuses Joey of taking nude pictures, then looking at them while he eats chicken! Makes me laugh every time!
  • Joey is embarrased in order to keep Monica and Chandler's relationship secret. Phoebe and Rachel take a class together. Ross has a problem with rage after someone at work steals his sandwich. He scares his co-workers, yells at his boss, and getsupset at a

This episode is hillarious. Ross' bit is even funnier, with the classic "You ate my sandwich? MY SANDWICH"... Joey is embarrased but is so funny how he makes it look like Monica is obsessed with him. My husband is not a big Friends fan. I have the Complete series, so he watches the dvds with me. We started on Season 1 and are currently on disc 3 season 5. He loves this episode, he even said that this episode is his favorite one, and I agree.
  • Joey the disgusting pervert?

This episode is hilarious. To cover up for Monica and Chandler's slip ups, they make up things about Joey and push it all off on him. Monica claims Joey is a pervert who keeps ladies underwear. The funniest thing is when he embarrassedly said "I'm Joey.....I'm disgusting...." It goes on for a while until Joey has had enough embarrassment placed over his head just to cover up themselves. He then turns the tables and makes up things about Monica. Before we know it we hear "I'm Monica.....I'm disgusting....." I think those are my favorite quotes throughout the whole 4th season.

Ross has developed anger issues. He took his own specailly made sandwich to work and put it in the fridge until lunch. When he went to get his sandwich, he found out that somebody has already eaten it and threw more than half of it away. He yells to the guy "You ate my sandwich? MY SANDWICH?" It echoes from the buildings.
  • My sandwhich!

7.2
    I swear Ross freaking about his sandwhich was the funniest thing that had happened on the show so far. It was so great watching him freak out about the one good thing in his life, a sandwhich.

Monica: Phoebe, you are a badass!
    Phoebe: Yeah, sometime I'll tell you the story about the time I stabbed a cop.
    Rachel: Phoebe!
    Phoebe: Well, he stabbed me first!
  • This episode is one of the many reasons why this show was on so long!

Joey gets fed up with keeping Chandler and Monica secretly being a couple. Which was putting hi in akward sitchuation! So when Rachael and Pheebe find out they use it for their advantadge! Later on, Monica and CHandler find out that they know they about them. SO they all play a game where Pheebe and Chandler pretend to like each other to see which one cracks first. Chandler cracks first and says that he loves Monica. Monica hears and says the same thing to him. They all think that they are okay, but Ross is the only one that doesn't know. But they think that he'll find out on his own. Meanwhile, Ross is getting mad that people at work are eating his food. So Pheebe writes a note for him, which scares them off, until his boss eats it. Then after he gets mad at him, he invites him to his house trying to show him that he's harmless. Thats when he sees Monica and Chandler getting it on. WHich causes him to get angry, and scare his boss away!
  • Joey starts having a hard and emabrassing time keeping Moinca and Chandler's secret. Ross gets angry when someone steals his sandwich.

Great episode. The whole Ross and the sandwich think that was awesome, a little childish but awesome still! OMG Chandler's underwear in Monica and Rachel apartment was just funny! Joey getting emabrassed because Monica and Chadler are not careful enough. Wouldn't Chandler know about his underwear because that means he would of went to hi apartment with no underwear on unless he was naked but would he remember when he gets changed anyway? Man Ross can make people scared of him I love that side of Ross. I think Phoebe isn't getting as much airtime on these last two episodes like everyone else unless its just me.
  • one of my favorites

this is one of my favorite episodes, definately wt makes this show amazing. David ws great in this episode, not tht ross is my favorite character but he made me laugh in this one... ! Ross is still down from yet another failed marriage, this time with emily. He takes a sandwich to work, a great thanks giving left over sandwich with the "moist maker" he completely freaks out when some one else eats it and has to take an absence because of his rage. Meanwhile Joey has to take the blame for all the hints that are about to reveal monica and chandler's relationship

it is truly a great episode 10000 million times recommended...if you liked ross in this episode you should watch "tow ross is fine" "tow ross' tan"
  • ...

A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end. A great episode, with a really interessting storyline and a good and funny cast. And like all episodes it has it's great wave in the storyline and a good cliff hanger at the end.
  • Ross is upset when somebody eats "the one good thing" going on in his life. He has to toughen up. Joey is tired of covering up for monica and chandler, and looking like a pervert to the rest of the group.

I absolutely love this episode. Mainly because we get to see Straight nail ross completely lose it. It is really hilarious when he walks in the Coffee house, he looks almost drunk.
    Monica having to pretend that she is "Disgusting" and that she is obsessed with Joey so that the rest of the gang won't find out about her and chandler is histerical. Pheobe is just, well pheobe in this episode. She reveals more about life on the street when she has to help ross get mean. I was in fits when she says "I'll tell you about the time I shot the cop... He shot me first".
    This episode is trademark, a real classic. It is one of the episodes where you can repeat the words "My sandwich!" to anybody and they will sure as hell know what you are talking about. Definately an episode to remember.
    By the way this is my first ever review so sorry if its kinda suckish.
  • "MY SANDWICH!!!!!!" - Ross

Ross was hilarious in this episode. He is however getting a little bit sad. Someone from work stole his sandwich wich was the only good thing in his life. So with a little help from Phoebe he writes a note that scares all his coworkers. So he has a word with his boss and when he finds out that his boss was the one that ate his sandwich he gets really really mad. So he is force to take a leave of abscene because of his rage.
    Phoebe finds underpants in Monica and Rachel's apartment and to cover for Chandler Joey says that the're his. One thing leads to another and Monica ends up saying she slept with Joey. Which is kinda weird because after this episode they never talk about that again.
    Phoebe wants to take a serious literature class with Rachel but Rachel just wants to have fun. It was funny when Rachel started talking about robots in Jane Eyre.
  • MY SANDWICHHH... I slept with monica... I'm joey. I'm disgusting. i make low-budget adult films and so many more

this episode was totally hilarious... i just could not stop laughing and the scripts... David crane and Marta Kauffman are absolute geniuses i mean the tighty-whiteys - that belong to chandler but joey pretends are his, Ross' anger - "MY SANDWICH", joey shaving his legs - to cover for Mon and chandler, Joey / Monica's reason - I'm joey. I'm disgusting. i make low-budget adult films and so on, Monica's naked photo - how Rachel finds joey looking at it and gos and shows it to everyone (including Ross), Monica in class - "I know, I know, I know" and phoebe denying knowing her, street phoebes bad ass note - everyones shock after reading the note, mental Geller - Ross thinking hes cool,joey's excuse - i slept with Monica, just phoebe: - someday I'll tell you about the time i stabbed the cop,
    Monica: phoebe? Phoebe: Well, he stabbed me first!. and so many others :)
  • Monica slept with Joey?!

I forgot to mention in previous reviews that Joey know Chandler & Monica's secret, and basically in this episode he gets called a pervert by Rachel due to hiding the secret. I love Rachel's reactions to the whole thing. Overall she is hysterical! I like how Joey got Monica & Chandler back. Finally the look bad because I seriously felt like they were taking Joey for granted. Anyways now the whole gang thinks Monica slept with Joey! Ross' anger management thing was hilarious! I found myself laughing through the whole plot. Rachel being dumb in school is always a fun plot to watch. Great episode.
  • Ross gets angry, Joey is getting tired of covering Monica and Chandler's secrets and Phoebe goes to literature class with Rachel.

"I'm Joey, I'm disgusting"
    Joey always covers Monica and Chandler so the other friends won't find out about their relationship, but it puts him in very embrassing situations like when Phoebe finds Chandler's underwear in Monica's house and more. Joey's answers are funny and he faces it like a man although the friends thinks he is disgusting.

Ross's crisis makes him very angry, especially after someone at work eats his sandwich, which, in the end, makes him stop working for a while to relax (I liked the part when he became calm after the doctor gave him some drugs...He is so stoned )

and Phoebe goes to literature lessons with Rachel, but because Rachel doesn't take it seriously Monica comes instead of her and ruins the lessons.

A great episode, all the friends has funny parts and there are alot of good quotes. A GREAT episode.