Friends

The One with Ross's Wedding (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 07, 1998 on NBC

• OMG!!

Now this is an amazing episode of friends.

Monica and Chandler end up in BED together!!!

Ross says RACHEL!!!

and so many more exciting things happen in this episode.

I can still remember watching this episode when it was on TV. I think the Monica/Chandler thing shocked me the most!! And then... Ross says Rachel... which made you just go 'ahhhhh'.. especially as Rachel had come all the way to London to tell Ross how she really felt and then couldn't do it at the last second... I really felt for Rachel! Yet again this episode shows why I watch friends, its funny and some really shocking things happen!!
  • Ross and Emily wed, but there are many obstacles in their wedding.

This episode was so good. This episode was so entertaining to watch. I loved when Ross said that he takes Rachel to be his wife instead of Emily. It was so hilarious. Ross and Rachel do belong together. They keep fighting their love for one another. This episode was one really funny episode, though. The writers really know how to make a good season finale. Phoebe also gave a good performance in this episode. She was very funny. This episode was definitely a series classic. One of the best things about this episode was Phoebe being pregnant. This episode is the perfect installment to the fourth season.
  • Fabulous. Two of the most shocking events happen within 20 minutes of each other.

I love this episode. Monica and Chandler start their life-changing relationship and Ross and Rachel get back together, sort of.

One of the best moments of the episode is when Rachel walks in, hoping to stop Ross marrying Emily, but she sees them kissing, and she decides to congratulate him instead.

I think the appearences by Tom Conti and Jeniffer Saunders are great too. I think they're truly terrific actors, and they really did make this episode a lot funnier.

Another great scene is where nobody laughs at Chandler's toast (I'm guessing this was to make fun of the fact that English people have such a different sense of humour to Americans).

Anyways, I think this episode is underappreciated (even if it is currently the 5th highest ranked Friends episode on this site), because it is fabulous. It has a lot of similarities with 'The Last One' too, which of course, is only a good thing.
  • a good episode

rachael decides to go 2 london and tell ross she loves him but she forgets her passport then she finds it and is on the plane sitting next to a man played by hugh laurie, who says they were on a break and she is awful top ruin their wedding. and pheobe tries to get in touch to warn them of rachaels arrival. meanwhile ross and emilys parents meet at the wedding rehearsal dinnder and argue over the wedding costs and i like this episode very much, lol ha ha ha ha ha ha would recomend it to a fan.
  • Ross and Emily wed, but there are many obstacles in their wedding.

This episode was so good. This episode was so entertaining to watch. I loved when Ross said that he takes Rachel to be his wife instead of Emily. It was so hilarious. Ross and Rachel do belong together. They keep fighting their love for one another. This episode was one really funny episode, though. The writers really know how to make a good season finale. Pheobe also gave a good performance in this episode. She was very funny. This episode was definately a series classic. One of the best things about this episode was Pheobe being pregnant. This episode is the perfect installment to the fourth season.
  • Definently a very amazingly special episode!!!

First of all, it takes place in England, and being in love with Europe and London, it already gets an extra point. Plus there's Pheobe in America trying to make all these phone calls warning everyone about Rachel... She is just hilarious! Especially talking to the housekeeper. And Monica and Chandler! They are so great together, and they're so funny in this episode. Plus Rachel decides to come to the wedding, and at first you think it'll be fine, but oh no! Wait!!! Something's wrong!!! Did Ross just say Rachel??? And did it just end?? Oh MY GOSH!!! Plus I love Joey holding up the phone!
  • Fantastic episode with a shocking cliffhanger.

Absolutely great episode with many surprises. The three best ones are fantastic. Phoebe tries to warn Joey, Chandler and Monica about Rachel's arrival, but can't get through to them. Rachel does,eventually, get to London and despite Phoebe warning Joey, gets through and has a chance to tell Ross her feelings. After seeing him and Emily together though, she decides to keep her feelings to herself. The second surprise couldn't have been foreseen by anyone, as Monica and Chandler sleep together. The beginning of their 6+ year relationship couldnt have been at a better timing. When everything seems to be going well at the wedding eventually, there is one last bombshell the writers added. While saying his vows, Ross says 'I take thee rachel' instead of Emily. The minister asks whether he should go on, and a shocked Emily is silent and looks confused for a few seconds until the screen fades for the ending credits. A great season ending much better than season three's.
  • A fabolous episode of Friends that ends with a cliffhanger no one ever thought would happen.

Another great installment of Friends, but this time with a shocking and unexpectted cliffhanger.
    Rachel couldn't bear stay in New York city, knowing that the love of her Ross is getting married in another country. She boards the plane to London after a long journey with a woman (and Phoebe). As she goes to wreck Ross and Emily's wedding with her cofession to Ross that she still loves him, she spots Ross and Emily kissing. Her heart breaks and she feels on the verge of crying. She doesn't spill the beans, but just gives Ross a hug and congratulates him instead. At the wedding, which Rachel stays to attend, Ross messes up with his vows and says, "I Take Thee Rachel." The audience remain silent with a long awkward pause as the priest asks, "Shall I Go On?"

I think this episode is the best ever. It is well-plotted, well-written, and definitely above average!
    Just one of the best that makes the show the best.
  • Phoebe calls to warn about Rachel coming. Joey is homesick until he meets one of the brides. A drunken Chandler and Monica sleep together. During the wedding Ross says Rachel.

Loved the episode. Phoebe keeps calling and when she says to the woman that she will kick her ass! That part is so funny. The part where Rachel is telling people about why she is going to London and annoys that one guy is so funny. When Ross went into Chandler's room I didn't even know that Monica was in the bed with him. I think they are a great couple. When Ross and Emily's parents meet is very funny because Ross' parents start to complain about the cost. At the end is the best part when Ross is saying his vowels and says Rachel instead of Emily and Emily was shocked.
  • The fourth season finale, part two.

Hugh Laurie guest stars. I loved his character even though they did not reveal his name. It was sad to see Rachel upset seeing Ross & Emily making out but at least she didn't ruin the wedding, Ross did! He says Rachel when he;s getting married. Oh god I am so excited about the season 5 premiere. I like how they fit Phoebe in even she didn't go to London. I expected her having the babies in the season finale. Guess I have to wait for next season! I wonder what is going to happen with Chandler & Monica. Guess I just have to wait.
  • Rachel has rushed to London in an effort to stop the wedding while Pheobe tries to get in touch with Monica to warn her. Ross and Emily's parents try to negotiate wedding prices at dinner, Ross and Emily go forward with the wedding and there's a big shock

This episode includes many thrills and spills, you won't be dissapointed by the storyline, however you will be shocked! Chandler and Monica get together secretly, and there is a massive shock at the end. Be sure to watch this episode as it unfolds the rest of season five. We also see some beautiful English scenery as well as our favourite Friends characters. This is the perfect way to end a season with a real cliffehanger, you won't be able to wait to see season five to find out how this plot ends! The dramatic ending and twists along the way are brill, you'll just have to watch!