Friends

The One with Russ

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 04, 1996 on NBC

• Russ and Rachel

Ahh, Rachel, you and your taste of really geeky guys is very amusing. Monica gets Fun Bobby to stop drinking, only to find that it was drinking that made him fun. Bobby ends up breaking it off with Monica because she drank around him to make him seem fun. Ross discovers that Russ is just a replacement from himself for Rachel.
  • Monica & Fun Bobby Get Back Together, Joey Plays Dr Drake Ramoray On 'DOOL'And Rachel Dates Russ Who Bears An Uncanny Resemblance To Ross

Monica & Fun Bobby Start Dating Again, Joey Finally Makes It Into Showbiz When He Is Chosen To Play A Neurosurgeon On 'Days Of Our Lives', Rachel Dates A Guy Named Russ Who Bears An Uncanny Resemblance To Ross, And He Acts Like Him & Everything! Fantastic Episode, I Loved It, Monica Discovers Fun Bobby Was Only Fun When He Had Alcohol In His Hand & Encourages Him To Give Up Drinking, Rach Dates Russ, Who Is Like A Clone Of Ross, But Rach Doesn't Know That! :)
    Fun Bobby Is Funny, He Makes Me Laugh,And Monica Is Right To Encourage Him To Give Up Drinking!
  • "Russ Ross, Ross Russ"

Rachel starts dating a guy who looks a lot like Ross. His name is Russ. He talks like him, looks like him and even acts like him. The gang trys to get Rachel to see that she's dating a man just like Ross. It takes her some time to realize it and when she does she breaks it off with Russ. But don't worry he finds Julie at the coffe house and they hook up. Monica starts dating Funny Bobby again and convenices him to stop drinking. This turns fun bobby into unbelievably dull bobby.

THis is when Joey gets the part on Day of Our Lifes
  • This is the episode where Russ the the guy that looks like Ross comes out .

Russ is Rachels new boyfriend and not only is his name similar but looks like Ross too . And the friends find it weird because Rachel and Ross just ended there relationship after the longes time and Rachel happens to find a new guy that is like Ross . Anyways the whole episode is about the crew trying to convince Rachel is another Ross but weirder and eventually they don't have to keep convincing her because she decides to call it off anf brakes up with the guy that look and has the similar name like Ross because she claimed he was like him personality wise and still missed Ross not Russ :) ! !
  • ...

A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant! A great Storyline and a really entertaining episode with great amouns of humour, and several funny and enjoyable parts! A definate must see episode if you are in the mood for a laugh! Brilliant!
  • Funny - Ross Vs. Russ

Monica gets back together with Fun Bobby, but discovers that when he\'s not drinking, he\'s not so fun. Joey wins the role of Dr. Drake Ramoray, a neurosurgeon, on Days of Our Lives. And Rachel, dating a guy named Russ, can\'t see his uncanny resemblance to Ross.

Meet Russ (Schwimmer).

Trivia: Watch carefully the scenes with both Ross and Russ in. The camera is not quite on the dot.
  • Awesome.

Monica gets back together with Bobby, who has problems with alcohol. Monica successfully tries to help him give up drinking, but once he does, he is not happy and funny anymore. Joey gets chosen to play the role of Dr. Drake Ramoray, a neurosurgeon, on Days of Our Lives. Rachel begins dating a guy named Russ, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Ross. Eventually Rachel dumps Russ telling him he reminds her of someone, though she can't figure out who. In the end Russ and Julie hook up. Funny episode from Friends - like always. I love the storyline with "Fun Bobby" drinking too much. i love the way the gang freak out about Rachel having a date with somebody else other than Ross, but then turns out it is just like Ross. His name is Russ, he looks like Ross, everything about him is Ross, which is extremely funny. I love the ending - F-U-N-N-Y!
  • Good

Monica gets back together with Fun Bobby and encourages him to stop drinking. Joey gets chosen to play the role of Dr. Drake Ramoray, a neurosurgeon, on Days of Our Lives. Rachel begins dating a guy named Russ, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Ross. People dont like this episode but I found Russ and Ross argueing to be very funny and the part where Rachel realized they where a like was priceless so I dont know why it is seen as one of the worst episodes of the show. So im going to to give this a respectable 9 out of 10.
  • Ross, Russ. Russ, Ross. See the similarity yet?

Rachel dates some guy named Russ who is exactly like Ross, but just slightly different. The rest of the friends see it except for Ross and Rachel. When Ross finally meets Russ, it's like a boring competition between the two. They compete in doing a puzzle and even compete against who is a "real" doctor. Although the two are splitting images of each other, Ross seems to dislike Russ and points out parts of his personality that irritated him. However, the things he pointed out were exactly the things he did himself. After given a closer observation, Rachel finallt realizes that Russ is just like Ross. She's freaked out and dumps him.

This episode was pretty funny. The idea of Russ is somewhat a little less mediocre than genius. Whoever thought of that should get some kind of reward. To make it even better, David Schwimmer played the part of Russ as well. Only he could get the character down so perfectly.
  • funny

Monica gets back together with Fun Bobby, but discovers that when he's not drinking, he's not so fun and she cant date him if he drinks but she cant date him if he doesnt drink. Joey wins the role of Dr. Drake Ramoray, a neurosurgeon, on Days of Our Lives. And Rachel, dating a guy named Russ, can't see his uncanny resemblance to Ross. and russ and ross battle to see who is the smartest every time they see each other
  • Overall just an okay episode.

In this episode, joey learns he sucks as an actor and then goes on to days of our lives. Monica has a boyfrind woh is a drunk and racheal dates russ who lokos just like ross. The only thing i liked is that Vincent Ventresca is monicas boy friend. I love Vincent Ventresca Vincent I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca Vincent I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca Vincent I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca Vincent I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca I love Vincent Ventresca
  • David Schwimmer guest stars as Russ! Um wait, what!?

A very strange episode. David Schwimmer plays two people on Friends! He plays Russ! Which ends up with Julie. Now I don't feel that bad for Julie now that she ends up with Russ. Ross & Rachel don't see the resemblance of Ross & Russ. So much R's! They act and look exactly alike. Fun Bobby returns! Later on in the episode he turns in to Depressing Bobby when Monica convinces him to stop drinking. Then Monica starts drinking, then she becomes an alcoholic! That was hilarious. The first episode in the Dr. Drake Ramoray arc. A great episode and a start of a wonderful arc!
  • Not a good episode.

4.8
    This episode annoys me alot. The character Russ is not that interesting I don't really care that he is basically identical to Ross and everything I mean it didn't really make the episode that good. Fun Bobby not being fun brought the episode down alot to. This episode seemed to be too serious in a way and not that fun. If they made them into two separate episodes then it may have been interesting because you won't get a chance to fall asleep because it would have been interesting. They could have done this episode alot better than they did.