The One with the Ballroom Dancing

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 16, 1997 on NBC

• In order to save his friends from eviction Joey takes dancing lessons with the super. Chandler tries to quit the gym. Hillarious.

I don't really like when writer make up a habit of a character to make a story work. In this case the story line depends of the constant crying of Rachel. But as you can see - she does this very rarely. But this time I can forgive them fully.

I think it is the first Friends episode written by Andrew Reich and Ted Cohen. They didn't try to bring the main story forward, they just made three nice sketches of everyday situations. Well - not really everyday situations , but not as unusal as giving birth to you brother's triplets. Have you ever asked yourself why there is still space left in gyms, while everyone seems to be member of at least one gym? This episodes eyxplains everything - the gyms have their special methods to keep their clients. Ross and Chandler work great together to explain this mystery. Joey srews up and provokes the super. In order to make it up he has to do ballroom dancing classes with the full figured Mr Treeger which culminates in a hillaroius ballroom dancing on the roofs of New York. Phoebe got a story line too, but her part is not as intersting as the adventures of the boys. She is in love with an massage client and gets fired. Nice, but not great.