Friends

The One with the Boobies

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 19, 1995 on NBC

• Funny and original one of the 1st seasons best

This episode is funny because it goes from everyone trying to find someone in the shower but ending up finding someone else. I find it awesome that they ended it with Monica finding Joey's dad in the shower. While that is going on they have Joey trying to figure out what to do about his dad. At the end when they have Joey's mom come in and say that she knew about it, that makes it seem like everything Joey did was a waste of time when really it wasn't since he didn't know but still that really helps you learn about Joey and his family.
  • This is what makes Friends, Friends. The plot that keeps on giving.

This is a classic episode that goes unnoticed by many fans. It might appear to be not as humorous as the rest of the episodes, but this one has a terrific sub-plot that makes the entire episode worth watching. The first sub plot is the gang hating on Phoebe's psychiatrist boyfriend Roger, who is able to clearly psychoanalyze each of the friends accurately. In the end she breaks up with him because of this. The second, and most brilliant and funny, sub-plot revolves around an exposed breast. In the beginning of the episode, Chandler accidently see's Rachel's breasts after she exits the shower. She wants to enact revenge...but when she goes over to his place, she sees Joey naked instead. Joey wants to get revenge, but he sees Monica naked instead of Rachel. Monica, in turn, wants revenge on Joey, and when she goes to get revenge, she catches Joey's father in the shower. It's just a classic episode.
  • But Funny

After Chandler accidentally sees Rachel wandering around topless after her shower, a chain reaction of nudity ensues when she tries to even the score by seeing his penis. Joey finds himself playing parent when he has to decide whether to hide his father's affair from his mom. And no one can stand Phoebe's new boyfriend, an irritating guy named Roger.

The nudity chain between the six friends becomes almost a competition - an extremely naked, hilarious competition.
  • Funniest Season 1 Episode!

This would have to be THE funniset episode of the first season of Friends. It was so well written. I have to have seen the episode at least 30 times and I never stop laughing. Granted I laugh basically before the joke is even said because I have basically memorized the scripts by heart, but that is besides the point! :P The whole thing was just so funny. Althought when I first saw the epsiode I thought it to be a little risqué. I mean you didn't see anything, but still she didn't have a top on. You guys know what I mean! :P
  • One of my favorite episodes of the season.

Chandler accidentally sees Rachel's breasts, setting off a chain of boobie payback events. It provided some good comedy, some funny mix-ups and some clever lines.

My favorite storyline of this episode though was Joey finding out about his father's affair and playing parent. It was really funny, there were some great lines and it let us get to know Joey a bit better.

The episode is filled with funny lines, great comic timing and some great chemistry between the actors, both regulars and guest stars.

• one of my favourite episodes

I love this episode and i watch it daily. The whole 'boobies' chain is hilarious xD We find out Joey's dad has an affair and Joey finds that out himself too, he acts like a parent, especially when he tells his dad that he can't sleep with his girlfriend and that he should "Go to my room". The ending of this episode is the best, Joey's dad cracks me up.

There were many funny lines and occurences in this episode which totally makes up for some other episodes of Season one. This is definitely one of my all time favourites.
  • It's Friends what do I even have to say.

After Chandler catches sight of topless Rachel just walking around when she is done with her shower . The whole thing causes Rachel to want to become even when she tries to catch sight of Chandler naked . Joey catches himself when he is caught between both parents about his fathers's affair . Phoebe's has a new boyfriend an annoying guy named Roger that no one in the entire gang likes or can stand at all ! You would know what I'm talking about if you just took the time to watch this amazing episode of the series of Friends.
  • a good episode!

Joey's father comes to stay with him for a few days and learns that his father is cheating on his mother! He convinces his father to tell his mother but the truth is his mother knew and preferred it that way. A very shocked Joey thought this was absurd but left his parents be!

Chandler happen to walk in on Rachel naked so she tried to get her own back only she caught Joey in the shower, when he tried to get his own back he caught Monica. But when Monica tried to get recenge she saw Joey's dad! !
  • Awesome

After Chandler walks in and accidentally sees Rachel wandering around topless after her shower, a chain reaction of nudity ensues when she tries to even the score by seeing his penis but ends up in every body seeing the wrong people naked. Joey finds himself playing parent when he has to decide whether to hide his father's affair from his mom or confess turns out his mum aready knew and gets angry at Joey for telling her(??). Phoebe has a new boyfriend Roger who irritates every one when he puts them down and depresses them with making then relive thier child hoods and worst memories.
  • ONE OF THE BEST!!

this episode is a great episode, it's funny, the way that the opening scene starts with chandler seeing rachel's boobies, and then when rachel goes to try and see chandlers "thing" it ends up being joey in the shower, so then joey try's to see rachel's boobies but then he ends up walking in on monica, so then monica ends up trying to sneak in to try and see "joeys" thing but then monica ends up walking in on joey's dad, joey snr. also in this episode joey finds out that his dad was cheating on his mom even though his mom knew that and did nothing.
  • "So, who's up for a big game of Kerplunk?"

Chandler walks into the apartment without knocking and accidentally sees Rachel wandering around topless after she took a shower. When Rachel trys to see his "pee pee" she ends up seeing Joey's. Then joey ends up walking in on Monica who walks in on Joey's dad. Joey finds out that his father has been having an affair with another woman for the past few years. He tells his mom about it but she gets mad because she already knew.

Phoebe has a new boyfriend but no one likes him. Roger is a shrink and trys to pick at all their personalities when he's around.
  • Chandler sees Rachel in the nude and Joey learns that his father is having an affair. (DVD Summary)

Another episode that finds the perfect combination and funny and serious. The subplot in which Chandler sees Rachel naked; then Rachel sees Joey naked; then Joey sees Monica naked; then Monica sees Mr. Tribbiani, is hilarious. It is counter balanced by the seriousness of Joey's subplot. Joey discovers that his father has been having an affair for years. Trying to do the right thing, he forces his father to tell his mother. The writers used an original idea that also allowed the audience to move on from this plot after the episode: Joey's mother not only knows about the affair, but she prefers it!
  • Great

This episode is simply great! It's a classic episode of Friends and possibly the best of Season 1. Chandler bursts into Rachel and Monica's apartment unannounced, Rachel doesn't realize that he's there and walks out of the shower naked. This starts a chain reaction of nudity. Rachel looks for Chandler and finds Joey, Joey finds Monica and then eventually Monica finds Joey Sr. It is totally hilarious. Joey finds himself playing parent to his father, when he finds out about his adultourous ways. And no one can stand Phoebe's annoying and psycho analyzing new boyfriend, Roger. Really, Really Great episode. .
  • Another fantastic episode of Friends...

When Chandler accidentally sees Rachel's breasts, Rachel tries to get revenge by seeing Chandler's penis but things do not go as planned. Meanwhile, Joey learns that his father is having an affair and everyone hates Phoebe's new boyfriend.

This isn't one of the best episodes of Friends, but it's still another great installment with the classic Friends humour that everyone has grown to love. The "shower wars" scenes are the most memorable event in this episode, even though it is not necessarily the main storyline.

Overall, this is another entertaining and funny episode of Friends that is recommended for anyone to watch; whether you're a Friends fanatic or not.
  • Chandler: If I turn into my parents, I'll either be an alcoholic blond chasing after 20 year old boys or... I'll end up like my mom.

After Chandler accidentally sees Rachel wandering around topless after her shower, a chain reaction of nudity ensues when she tries to even the score by seeing his penis Joey finds himself playing parent when he has to decide whether to hide his father's affair from his mom. And no one can stand Phoebe's new boyfriend, an irritating psychologist named Roger. Oh my god, what a funny episode. What can I say about it? I mean it is awesome. One of my favourite in season one. Chandler is so funny, he is my favourite escpecially in the early seasons. I lvoe them all in this episode, I love them all anyway. But this episode is so funny, lots of funny lines and scenes I love the way they try and get back at each other for walking into the shower. It is so funny. Roger is abit annoying but I like him for it.
  • Awesome.

• Chandler walks in on Rachel.

The beginning scene of this episode is hilarious. A very unexpected plot, definitely towards the end as well. We see Rachel walking in on Joey, Joey walking on Monica, and Monica walking i on Joey's father. There were some boring scenes in this episode like between Joey's mother & Joey. like the family things. My favorite plot would have to be the shrink that is dating Phoebe. Memorable quotes: "You and your big cups, which might as well have nipples on them" Probably the funniest quote of season one. I like how they referenced private parts as little kids would say them you know? Anyways amazing episode.
  • Funny

After Chandler accidentally sees Rachel wandering around topless after her shower, a chain reaction of nudity ensues when she tries to even the score by seeing his penis Joey finds himself playing parent when he has to decide whether to hide his father's affair from his mom. And no one can stand Phoebe's new boyfriend, an irritating guy named Roger. This was one of the funniest episode if not THE funniest episode of season 1. Rogers rant about the coffee cups was cool everyone hating him was cooler. The whole boobies things was some of the funniest scene s in the show.
  • Hilarious

Great episode with three plot threads that are all engaging and funny in their own way. The man plot of involves Joey's struggle with his father's infidelity with leads to a funny reversal of the roles 'as long as you live under my roof, you'll obey my rules'
    Chandler is without a doubt the funniest in this episode
    'Joey there's the woman we ordered'
    The second plot involved Chandler seeing Rachel topless which led to the expression 'tit for tat' im using that sometime soon.
    As for the psychiatrist talk about the producers of friends poking fun at their ensemble and its reflection on adolescents making it on their own in New York City. Hilarious episode.
    Fav Line: Chandler: I am confident that when the right women comes along you can look her in the eye and say...sorry i'm married.
  • The nudity symbolises the character development in my oponion.

We got to know alot more about the characters here. We find out about Joey's past and we meet his parents. Thanks to the psychologist we also wonder about wether Chandler's humor is just a defense mechanism, and Rachel's sensitivity to little things like the weebles. It really felt like we were bonding with these lovely characters and in a funny, sweet way.