Friends

The One with the Breast Milk

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 28, 1995 on NBC

• Awesome.

The guys are uncomfortable with Carol breastfeeding Ben and the situation is made worse by Joey and Phoebe tasting it, meanwhile, Rachel is uncomfortable with Monica's growing friendship with Julie. At his day job, Joey competes with a fellow cologne spritzer for the affection of a beautiful colleague. This episode is extremely funny - I lov ethe start, the way Chandler and Joey freak out about the breast milk, they are so funny especially in the earlier seasons - awesome characters. I love the way Rachel is in the early start of this season because of Julie and Ross. I love the way Phoebe is trying to guess what Monica bought so Rachel doesn't find out that she went shoppinh with Julie. I love the way Monica can't lie - like me. I also love the way Ross freaks out about the breast milk later on in the episode, he then tries to taste it but can't make himself do it - too funny. great episode.
  • Monica goes shopping with Julie. Rachel finds out and hurt. When Phoebe tries Carol's breast milk from the bottle Ross was about to give Ben, Ross is grossed out.

I really liked this episode because it showed the bond that Rachel and Monica have as friends. Its more of like a sisterly bond. This episode was also really funny I liked how Ross was so grossed out when Phoebe tested the temp of Bens milk and then licked it off her arm. I have always loved how Susan and Ross act twards each other. So I thought it was really funny when he finds out that Susan has tried it and he goes to try it but chickens out...multiple times. Over all this was a very good episode, I liked it a lot.
  • Good

The guys are uncomfortable with Carol's breast milk and Rachel is uncomfortable with Monica's growing friendship with Julie. Meanwhile, Joey competes with a fellow cologne spritzer for the affections of a beautiful colleague. This was a really funny episode Ross was on top form when he was about to drink the breast milk but he didnt. I love the scene where Chandler and Joey are talking like cowboys in a bar it was Hilarous and when they slide the cup of orage joice across the table lmao. This was a good episode and I will give it a good 9 out of 10.
  • Monica & Julie go shopping.

The beginning of this episode was hilarious! Julie with her new haircut is like helping Rachel out and everything, and afterward Rachel calls her a b***! That was hilarious. Anyways the main plot is that Monica cheats on Rachel with Julie. But seriously they just go shopping. I like how the writers made it seem that way though. Ross & the breast milk was another okay plot, but the end with the oreo cookies was hilarious. Joey's plot with Hombre was hilarious. I'm so glad that other guy got fired by spraying cologne in that poor man's eyes. The scene at the end with Monica & Rachel was great! A great episode!
  • Ross Doesn't Want To Drink Carol's Breast Milk, Monica betrays Rachel And Has Lunch With Julie, Joey Competes With A Fellow Spritzer For The Affections Of A Female Colleague.

The Gang Force Ross To Drink Carol's Breast Milk, He Doesn't Do It! Rachel Becomes Uncomfortable After She Finds Out Monica Had Lunch With Julie, Ross's Girlfriend.
    Joey Has A Job Working As A Spritzer And Competes With A Fellow Spritzer For The Affections Of A Female Colleague.
    They Were Selling Cologne For Men!
    Monica Betrays Rachel But Says Sorry In The End! :)
    These 3 Storylines Were So Funny, When Put Together Like That, It's Just A Laugh Out Loud Episode.
    Ross Is Grossed Out By Carol's Breast Milk, And Won't Drink It! Ross Also Dates Julie, His Chinese Girlfriend! It's Nice To See Them Incorporating A Little Bit Of Asian People In The Program!
  • Ross has a problem with people drinking breast-milk and Monica betrays Rachel and has lunch with Julie.

Another series classic. Rachel still hates Julie, but Monica decides to go shopping and have lunch with her. Rachel finds out and her and Monica get in a fight with similiar wording to a fight about cheating. Eventually Rachel and Monica make up with a hug and some "I love you's" (along with Phoebe). Joey is competing with a fellow cologne spraying who is better at the job then Joey. Joey almost give up but Chandler convinces him to keep trying and show this guy whose really the best. Joey does beats the competition, only because the other guy sprays a man in the eye, and gets the girl in the end. Ross can't stand seeing people drink breast milk and refuses to try it, only to crack and try it in the end with a plate full of oreos. A really funny episode. One of my personal favorites.
  • Ok, would people stop drinking the breast milk?

THis episode is funny when the guys are uncomfortable with Carol's breast milk. She's over visiting at MOnica's and just pulls out her breast and starts feeding Ben. She doens't try to cover up her boobs at all. I think I would be covering myself up.

Rachel is uncomfortable when she finds out Monica is cheating on her in her house of worship. Monica become friends with Julie and Rachel doesn't like it.

Meanwhile, Joey is working at a department store as a colunge sells man and competes with another man who is cologne spritzer for the affections of a beautiful colleague.
  • ...

A really great name for this episode and great storyline with a really good use of all the ideas possible! A very enjoyable episode, and is definitly a great episode, WATCH IT! And a good starting sequence (started in the last episode) but is still a great collection of videos for a starting!

• so funny a must see

Everyone is freaked out when phoebe tries some of carols breast milk and ross becomes increasingly uncomfurtable when the others start to try it as well then he finds out susan has tried it and this makes him more determined to do it hime self.rachel finds out that monica is getting close to julie and they even go shopping rachels then becomes scared that she is going to lose monica and joey competes with a felloew colonge salesman for a woman
  • It's juice from a person!

I love everyones seeming inability to comprehend that someone would try breat milk, though the whole cast dones't become crazed about it. Ross and his inability to try this milk is the absolute best part, his on going head butting with Susan, makes for another great Ross "freak out".

You've tasted it?
  • Ross gets freaked when Phoebe and Joey try Carol's breast milk. Joey competes with a fellow cologne spritzer.

Man oh man, this episode was great!

First of all, it was hilarious how Carol started breast feeding in front of everyone and the guys got weirded out. It's so guy-like to get freaked out by breast feeding, and I thought this was funny because it was so realistic!

Later on, Phoebe and Joey try the breast milk, and that was even FUNNIER! Talking about how it tastes sweet, and Susan says that it tastes like cantaloupe juice made me crack up!

The whole "Joey as a cologne spritzer at a department store" was great! Bijan for Men and Hombre sound like terrible scents, which added to the funny-ness. At the end when the "Hombre guy" spritzes the man in the eyes, that was classic!

As for the whole Rachel-Monica-Julie love triangle, I loved it! It was funny how they made it similar to a conversation of a person who's just been cheated on.

Overall, a funny episode.
  • Second Episode, Second Season

Great Episode.

I was really worried after the first, stunning series that they would be able to keep it all up. But they managed to continue it straight on! Nothings changed which I love!
  • Funny a la antigua.

The great humoristic characters make this one another memorable episode to remeber.
    This episode is at the same time funny and silly, one can actually think that you can be in that situation, Rachels and also a typical fight between the feelings of a person and the one that is ruins your life and you want to get rid of one or another way.
    My favorite part is when the cowboys are in a duel and he accidentally reveals the stupidity because he actually hides his true personality, but the important thing is that he sprays the sir all over his eye and Joey wins the lady.
  • Adept parodies of dramatic dialogues

As they do in many episodes, the writers here skillfully parody standard potboiler dialogue--Monica's "unfaithfulness" to Rachel is treated in the manner of a soap opera confrontation between boyfriend and girlfriend ("Really, Rachel, I was thinking of you the whole time. Look, I'm sorry, all right? I never meant for you to find out"), and Joey's confrontation with the Bijan cologne cowboy is treated in the manner of a cheesy Western, complete with slo-mo action, grunted dialogue, and the requisite ride (or in this case, walk) into the sunset. And let's not forget the charming "saloon" scene when Chandler, in the manner of a spaghetti Western bartender, serves the depressed Joey a box of juice.

The breast milk scenes, while not following the same pattern, are nonetheless original (can't think of another show in which breast milk is actually sipped!) and well-written. All in all, a well-balanced episode giving each of the "Friends" memorable lines.
  • A truly interesting and funny episode

The fact that Chandler and Joey are afraid of Carol breastfeeding Ben is an awesome thing. Since it's something that you wouldn't think would happen. When Rachel has problems with Monica and Julie having a good time together is a terrible thing since Monica was just trying to get to know her because Julie was dating her brother. When Ross wants to feed Ben the breastmilk, Pheobe tests it on her arm then licks it off. Joey tries that after which pisses off Ross even more and grosses out Rachel and Chandler even more. That is a classic scene because only they could pull it off. Same with the fight between Monica and Rachel. Joey being switched over to a different cologne is different because he's not the best at that because the better man got the girl. You could tell that at the end of the episode Ross would try the breastmilk.