Friends

The One with the Butt

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 1994 on NBC

• Joey finally gets a film role as a stand-in for Al Pacino's butt. (DVD Summary)

In this episode we finally get to see Joey's acting, um, talent... The musical Freud is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. Hilarious. Also Joey gets his first acting job "based on this play?" "Based on this play!" Which makes sense when we discover his role: the butt double. Apparently Joey's butt overacts... Meanwhile Chandler dates a beautiful women who dates many others. He makes the right choice in ending their relationship. We see the sensible side of the Chandler we will grow to love. Also, we finally get our first taste of Monica's anal retentiveness. I love her clean obsession. Another great installment.
  • HAHA!

Wikid episode! I reallly enjoyed it! We see more of Monica who we have already come to realise is an obsessive complusive clean freak! Only in this episode she trys to prove to everybody she does not need to be permeanently in control! Joey gets an offer to star is a movie with Al Pachino! This is his break, what he hasn't realised yet is that he will not only star in this movie with Al Pachino but he will star AS Al Pachino, as his butt double! The rest of the group are ecstatic and find it hilarious! !
  • Comedy

Everyone attends Joey\'s new musical, Freud! While there, Chandler meets a beautiful and exotic woman, Aurora, and begins dating her. Joey gets picked up by the Estelle Leonard Talent Agency, which gets him a job as Al Pacino\'s butt double. However, he loses the job by overacting. Rachel cleans the apartment by herself for the first time; however, she moves the green ottoman, which starts Monica obsessing. Chandler finds out Aurora is married and already has another boyfriend. When she picks up still another, Chandler isn\'t sure he can take it.
  • FREUD!

This episode starts with Joey paying Freud in a play! It was too funny seeing him sing! At the play Chandler meets an amazing woman, but finds out that no only is she married but she has a boyfriend too. She was Chandler mainly for intercourse. Joey gets a job as Al Pachino's butt double. But has problems performing well. THe director tell him that he's clenching too much. needless to say he gets asks to leave. He's upset becasue he's told everyone about it and he knows his mother will know it's not him on screen "there's something very disturbing about that" says Chandler.
  • Great.

This is the 6th episode of Friends, and of the 1st season. In this episode the main storylines are; Everyone goes to Joeys musical Freud! and they all think that it awful, while at this play he gets picked by Estelle Leonard talent agencies. They get him a job as Al Pacino's butt double, which he loses because he 'overacts'. Chandker meets a beautiful womam called Aurora, but he has to break up with her because he can't handle the fact that she has a husband and 2 other boyfriends. Monica realizes just how high maintanence she actually is, which somehow she didn't know before. A good line - Chandler: Someone's left a glass on the coffee table. There's no coaster. It's a cold drink, it's a hot day. Little beads of condensation are inching their way closer and closer to the surface of the wood...
    Monica: Stop it! Oh my God. It's true! Who am I?
    Ross: Monica, you're Mom.
  • Joey's big break as a butt double for Al Pacino in a movie while Monica tries to 'let loose' and not be so compulsively neat. Meanwhile Chandler gets involved with a woman who is married and has several flings on the side.

Okay, this episode was down-right hilarious. The only part that I found not necessary was the Chandler story-line...it just didn't seem to relate to any other sub-plots in the episode. I think they should have erased that entire mini sub plot and focused more on Monica's obsessive and compulsive behaviors about her apartment. But the episode's finest moment takes place on set, in a movie that Joey finally got a part for: as a butt double for Al Pacino. Up until this moment he has acted in a play or two, but this is his big break. When he gets to the set, the director gets frustrated at Joey several times, telling him to not "act" with his butt by making it frustrated or depressed or anything. How does one make a butt look depressed? I don't know, but this is grade-A quality humor.
  • Joey gets a break with films when he's casted to play someone'sbutt. Chandler has second thoughts about an married womens "other guy".

Really amazing episode of the great amazing 10 season long series of Friends . Joey gets his once in a life time chance of his first big break of films in the series Friends when he is finally casted for the part of Al Pacino's butt . Chandler gets involved with a woman who is married - - - and has another boyfriend ! He finally comes to the conclusion that what he is doing is wrong and decides it is really wrong so he breaks it off with this women . Now that you know all about this show GO WATCH!
  • Awesome.

Joey finally gets a film role as a stand-in for Al Pacino's butt. Chandler starts dating a beautiful woman, who is not only married, but has another boyfriend. Chandler is thrilled at the prospect of having "all the fun but none of the responsibility," but eventually learns that it's not all it's cracked up to be. And, speaking of cracks, Joey gets cast as Al Pacino's "butt-double" and gets fired for overacting. Another awesome episode, maybe not as good as the other but still awesome! It's so funny when Joeys plays Al Pacino's butt, and gets fired. It is so funny. Once again some awesome line and scenes in this episode.
  • Rachel: Ta-daa! Chandler: Are we greeting each other this way now? Cause I like that.

• Guest Star Alert

Joey gets his big film break when he's hired to be Al Pacino's stunt butt. Chandler has second thoughts about an exotic married woman who wants him to be her sex toy. And Monica tries hard to prove to her friends that she really doesn't have a type-A personality and can be as kooky as the next anal-retentive chef.

Funny, Well Scripted episodes with many known scenes and qoutes - Great.
  • Good

Joeys play was funny at the start. Estelle was introduced in this one. The butt jokes are suprisingly funny. this was another decent episode of the series that didnt put a foot wrong. I give this episode a 8.5 out of 10.
  • Estelle is introduced.

This episode definitely had development, it starts with Joey in crappy plays but when he gets signed by his new manager Estelle, he gets to play Al Pacino's butt! But he ends up getting fired because he acted it too much. Which was hilarious when he was acting by the way. The subplot was pretty good, Chandler in a three-way!? He has a girlfriend when she has 2 other men in her life & he is the one who pleases her but he only wants her so he ends up breaking up with her, my favorite plot, the Monica plot, her trying not to be a kook, my favorite part is when she is on her bed thinking of getting the shoes, she does need help. A hilarious developing episode!
  • very funny

7.6
    Joey gets his big film break when he's hired to be Al Pacino's stunt butt but is he really right for the part when he cant even get this right. Chandler has second thoughts about an exotic married woman who wants him to be her sex toy and struggles to make the right decision. And Monica tries hard to prove to her friends that she really doesn't have a type-A personality and can be as kooky as the next anal-retentive chef but finds it harder than she expected.
  • Joey is hired to be Al Pacino's butt double. Chandler dates a married woman and Monica tries to be kooky, so she can impress her friends.

7.3
    Rachel gets to see Joey acting for the first time as Freud. Chandler dates a woman who is married and has a boyfriend already! An actor agent called Estelle Leonard talks to Joey, and he is hired to be Al Pacino's stunt butt, but he can't perform the act right to the director. When everyone says that Monica is not kooky, she tries to impress them doing what she would never do, but she realizes that she can not be kooky all the time when they starts to ask her things that it istoo difficult to her to do so.