Friends

The One with the Butt

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 1994 on NBC

• Joey's big break as a butt double for Al Pacino in a movie while Monica tries to 'let loose' and not be so compulsively neat. Meanwhile Chandler gets involved with a woman who is married and has several flings on the side.

Okay, this episode was down-right hilarious. The only part that I found not necessary was the Chandler story-line...it just didn't seem to relate to any other sub-plots in the episode. I think they should have erased that entire mini sub plot and focused more on Monica's obsessive and compulsive behaviors about her apartment. But the episode's finest moment takes place on set, in a movie that Joey finally got a part for: as a butt double for Al Pacino. Up until this moment he has acted in a play or two, but this is his big break. When he gets to the set, the director gets frustrated at Joey several times, telling him to not "act" with his butt by making it frustrated or depressed or anything. How does one make a butt look depressed? I don't know, but this is grade-A quality humor.