Friends

The One with the Candy Hearts

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 09, 1995 on NBC

• To me, all the characters seemed to either regress in their personality or just drift into some nebulous realm.

5.2
    I was hoping for a little more on this Valentine's episode for the first season of friends. But I thought for such an innovative, original, and funny show, they somehow were able to get 22 minutes of nothingness and weird behavior from their characters. Take for instance, Chandler. He dumped Janice and for the second holiday in a row, asks her out? And is she some sadistic door-mat? Because she keeps allowing him to ask her out only to break-up with her in the end. Joey was subdued in this episode. The entire episode focused on Chandler and Janice getting drunk, sleeping together, and Janice making sure she keeps him while Ross is on a date for the first time in 9 years and chases her off when he invites his ex-wife over to their dinner. I thought he couldn't stand Carol...now he is asking her to stop being a lesbian and come back to him? And am I the only person to think the way they ended the whole Monica, Phoebe, Rachel meet the Firemen experience either disappointing, or lacking something in finality?
  • very good

7.4
    Whilst on a date with a neighbour Ross bumps into Carol and susan and so when Susan has to leave ross invites carol over and they get on really well could this be the start of something?(meanwhile ross\\\' date has left with out him realising). Joey sets chandler up on a date without knowing and the girls make a bonfire in there apartment which goes wrong.
  • Very Interesting to watch b/c you have Ross and Carol together after their dates leave. Chandler going out with Janice. The girls having a bonfire? A lot of interesting stuff happening.

7.7
    Since Ross and Carol end up together on Valentine's Day without their dates after they leave it seems like they are back together before they were divorced. The reason I say that is because they acted like they were married and not divorced. They should have had some more stuff interupting them and not have had them act like that because that just ruins the whole Ross and Carol thing. Chandler being set up by Joey on a blind date with Janice is just hilarious especially when after dinner Joey and his date leave and Chandler and Janice are left together and have Joey's credit card. It's all thanks to Joey that the whole Janice thing starts up again the next day. The girls with the whole bonfire thing is just plain wierd b/c wouldn't you know not to put alcohol in??? Oh well they did flirt alot and they were the only people actually having fun and enjoying Valentine's Day.
  • Awesome epi

Ross's first date in nine years is on Valentine's Day with a beautiful neighbour. Susan and Carol, also out on a romantic date; end up at the same restaurant. Joey sets Chandler up on a blind date - with Janice. And Phoebe, Rachel and Monica decide to spend the holiday building a boyfriend bonfire in their apartment. Anither great episode of Friends season one is really great looking back at it. The girls where really funny in this one. Janice was back again and the reactions of everyone when they found out that they where together again. 9 out of 10
  • Awesome.

Ross's first date in nine years is on Valentine's Day with a beautiful neighbour. Susan and Carol, also out on a romantic date; end up at the same restaurant. Joey sets Chandler up on a blind date - with Janice. And Phoebe, Rachel and Monica decide to spend the holiday burning mementos of their past boyfriends. What can I say about this episode it is so funny, infact it is hilarious. I love it. Janice is so funny in this episode and so is Chandler. It is so funny when he wakes up and he thinks he has three hands. "Friends" is awesome, and I love like every single episode, apart from some, but this show is amazing and I love it but like this episode.
  • Chandler: How can I dump this woman on Valentine's Day? Joey: I don't know. You dumped her on New Year's. Chandler: Oh man, in my next life I'm coming back as a toilet brush.

• A true classic.

Ross go on his first date in just about nine years after his one with Carol with a very pretty neighbor. At the same resturant that Ross attends with his date is also the resturant that Carol and Susan are at for their Valentine day dinner. Joey has to bring Chandler along on a date because his date needs someone for her friend -- Janice! While the girls of the epic gang decide to spend the holiday building a boyfriend bonfire in their apartment. It is truely amazing just go watch it right now just right now yes now
  • Guest Star Alert

Maggie Weeler's great return as the legendary Janice is a one-off. You simply can't miss it!
  • Great

This is a great, well written episode. It's one of the few good episodes of Season 1. It's Valentine's day for everyone in New York city, and that includes the friends. Phoebe, Rachel and Monica are sick of their bad boyfriend karma and so decide to do a 'cleansing ritual', however, this gets slightly out of hand and some cute firefighters arrive to get everything under control. Meanwhile, Joey sets Chandler up on a date . . . with Janice! The end up getting alone quite well. Also, Ross finlly manages to go out on a date with his cute neighbour but gets distracted when he sees Carol.
  • This serial is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think friends is one of the best series in the world because it's so so so funny!!! I like too much Chandler and Rachel and the episode when Monica sings I think is very funny because she sings two songs so nice and I think she sings very well and Joey is so pretty and also Ross. I laugh a lot watching this serial, and I want to look this episode and this is the reason that I make a count in this page but i don't know if I can see this episode, because I don't know for what i'm doing this.
  • a very VERY special episode!

This episode was a valentines day episode, my birthday!! LOL! woohoo! Chandler managed to bump into Janice yet AGAIN and this time she was not going to take no for an answer, she decided that Chandler can't live without her and will always attempt to break up with her - fear of commitment, she even got them little candy hearts with each of their names engraved on each one!! Chandler was absolutly terrified at the thought of this! The rest of the gang have got issues of their own when it comes to their valentines day! lol!! wikid episode! !
  • Valentine's Day.

A great valentine's day episode. All the plots were amazingly great! The girls start a bonfire and almost burn down their apartment and find some cheating fireman. Janice returns yet again. Her third appearance on friends. I love how they bring her back in the strangest of ways. Her little speech at the end was flawless because it was most definitely true. Anyways I like how Carol might have feelings for Ross still she kissed him! Why did they have to divorce, because of lesbian, Susan. It was pretty messed up how he ditched his date, but I like the Ross/Carol relationship. I really hope they do this again sometime.
  • "Chan and Jan forever!"

Ross asks out his beautiful neighbor out on a day for Valentines Day and ends up taking her to the same resturant as Susan and Carol. This is Ross's first date since the divorce and it's not going so well. The woman ends up leaving while Carol and Ross are talking and they don't even notice. Ross asks if they can give it another go but Carol says no. Joey sets Chandler up on a blind date who turns out to be Janice. They get so drunk they sleep togther and to Janie that means their back together.

Phoebe, Rachel and Monica decide to spend the holiday building a boyfriend bonfire in their apartment. TO which they start a huge fire and have to call the fire department.
  • The girls rebel against Valentine's Day by burning mementos from past relationships. (DVD Summary)

Friends choses to celebrate their first Valentine's episode through not one, but three, unromantic subplots. Ross has his first date since his divorce, but who happens to turn up, but his ex-wife Carol. Completely destroying his date, he invites Carol to join them and turns his focus to her. His date ditches him and Carol cannot be with him... she's still gay Joey takes Chandler and a double date and sets him up with... Janice! After a lot of alcohol, they wind up in bed together. The next morning, when the gang discovers what happened, they are all giggles. Lastly, the girls perform a ritual and burn their old relationship mementos setting the apartment on fire. Hilarious.