Friends

The One with the Candy Hearts

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 09, 1995 on NBC

• To me, all the characters seemed to either regress in their personality or just drift into some nebulous realm.

5.2
    I was hoping for a little more on this Valentine's episode for the first season of friends. But I thought for such an innovative, original, and funny show, they somehow were able to get 22 minutes of nothingness and weird behavior from their characters. Take for instance, Chandler. He dumped Janice and for the second holiday in a row, asks her out? And is she some sadistic door-mat? Because she keeps allowing him to ask her out only to break-up with her in the end. Joey was subdued in this episode. The entire episode focused on Chandler and Janice getting drunk, sleeping together, and Janice making sure she keeps him while Ross is on a date for the first time in 9 years and chases her off when he invites his ex-wife over to their dinner. I thought he couldn't stand Carol...now he is asking her to stop being a lesbian and come back to him? And am I the only person to think the way they ended the whole Monica, Phoebe, Rachel meet the Firemen experience either disappointing, or lacking something in finality?